Breeze 8/10-8/16: A death, a lost kid, and a Whole Lotta People....

Elvis and I have both been told we suffer from RBF-for men that's Resting Butt Face, for women it's Resting B***h Face. We both look mad all the time. We're not, I promise. We are smiling on the inside???;)

Too funny, never heard the official term lol, but I can relate! Really enjoying your review!

We were on the breeze july 27. I made the family watch at very port--no one left behind. My family couldn't believe it could happen and I couldn't prove it! There was a group a little late, but it was a Carnival excursion returning late. We did find it amusing when the crew clapped as the last couple finally boarded in Cozumel. looking forward to hearing your story!!

Lisa

Day 3: Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I should start by saying I used to live there, and it really irks me when I hear SOOOO many people talk about how scary Jamaica is so they stay on the ship. You are missing the best port in the world, IMHO.

Jamaica is like any place else, if you go looking for trouble, you may find it. Use your head and you'll enjoy a beautiful island with amazing people and great food!! And if someone tries to hand you some weed (it happens), just say no thanks and hand it back, no big thing.

I should probably mention I don't do ship excursions, I book myself. You see better places that way, for way less money. Our stop this day was the beautiful Beaches Ocho Rios Resort which features Pirate Island Waterpark (one of only 3 waterparks on the island, the only one near Ocho Rios). For those of you that know Jamaica, this resort used to be called Boscobel Beach, and it is 100% made for you if you have kids!!

I booked by phone, they took my name, and I paid when I arrived, nothing up front. I should say that Day Passes are not common here, they do not advertise them, so you have to call, but it is so worth it. We were the only day pass that day, and they treated us like any other hotel guest. It was all inclusive, which means you can eat an drink til you pass out of that's your thing!! Your kids will love the waterpark, and so will you!!

Day passes were $100 per adult, $50 for kids. The taxi ride from port took about 15 minutes each way, for $60 plus tip round trip. I will give you more info about how to get a taxi in a bit.

Totally agree with you on the Jamaica bad rap. We love Jamaica.