Laundry on the Summit?

SeaWatch

We are packing ( we sail Sunday) for our Summit cruise and we have way to many clothes!

So....is there a send out for pay laundry service on the Summit?

If so, is the cost reasonable and is it a quick return?

Thanks again

We are packing ( we sail Sunday) for our Summit cruise and we have way to many clothes!

Thanks again

Unfortunately there are no self service laundry fleet wide on Celebrity.

They often have bag of laundry up to 20 items sales on the ship. Also Captain Club Elite and above members get coupons for a couple bags of free laundry.

Laundry prices are fairly pricy -

I have a copy of the laundry prices from last year here are a couple representative prices

Long Sleeve Shirt - 7.00

Shorts 5.50

T-Shirt 3.75

Undergarment 3.00

Socks 3.00

Leave Laundry out before 9:00 back the next day.

Jim

Imagine your at a 5 Star NYC Hotel and because of a labor dispute the only one doing the laundry is a Intern 17 Year Old Boy on his first day.

We just did the Infinity 17 Night Panama Canal Cruise Sept 2015. Only sent out white's & jeans , things you can't hurt (had a discount coupon).

Just did Bermuda in May 2016, brought everything (local trip for us). Didn't need laundry.

27789338636_777c9d0912_b.jpg

22148352398_dfd711be7e_b.jpg

CaptDave

Thanks again

There is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for reasonable rates.

Regular service, picked up before 9AM, is returned next day. For same day service, picked up before 9AM and returned same day, add 50% express service surcharge.

Laundry Services

• Suit $17.50
  • Jacket $8.00
  • Pants $7.00
  • Long Sleeved Shirt $7.00
  • Short Sleeved Shirt $6.00
  • Sweater $8.00
  • Shorts $5.50
  • Dress $11.00
  • Skirt $6.50
  • Pajamas $5.50
  • Handkerchief $3.00
  • T-shirt $3.75
  • Undergarments $3.00
  • Swimsuit $4.00
  • Socks, pair $3.00

Dry-Cleaning

• Suit $19.00
  • Jacket $11.00
  • Pants $8.00
  • Vest $5.00
  • Long Sleeved Shirt $7.50
  • Short Sleeved Shirt $6.50
  • Sweater $9.00
  • Shorts $6.50
  • Dress $16.00
  • Skirt $7.50
  • Necktie/Tie $5.00
  • 4 Item Special $28.00

Pressing Only

• Suit $14.00
  • Jacket $8.00
  • Pants $6.00
  • Vest $3.00
  • Long Sleeved Shirt $5.75
  • Short Sleeved Shirt $4.00
  • Sweater $5.50
  • Shorts $4.00
  • Dress $8.00
  • Skirt $6.00
  • 4 Item Special $25.00

Just a word of caution -

On the Summit, the dry cleaning seemed to come back okay, but oh boy, the laundry came back HORRIBLE! We sent out brand, spankin' new items that were a beautiful, bright white. They came back blue - not even a dingy white, but blue. :eek::eek::eek: I've never had this happen in all my years of using laundry onboard Princess, Celebrity, HAL, NCL and other cruise lines. Obviously, our items were washed with black jeans or something else black that really bled into our new white items.

Even after I got home and bleached them, I still couldn't get all of the blue out of them. So, don't send out stuff that you care about.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Just a word of caution -

On the Summit, the dry cleaning seemed to come back okay, but oh boy, the laundry came back HORRIBLE! We sent out brand, spankin' new items that were a beautiful, bright white. They came back blue - not even a dingy white, but blue. :eek::eek::eek: I've never had this happen in all my years of using laundry onboard Princess, Celebrity, HAL, NCL and other cruise lines. Obviously, our items were washed with black jeans or something else black that really bled into our new white items.

Even after I got home and bleached them, I still couldn't get all of the blue out of them. So, don't send out stuff that you care about.

I only send out underwear, socks and T-Shirts after they ruined several of my shirts a few years ago. They did something to my blazer in the Dry Cleaning last year so no more dry cleaning..... It came out bad. I sent two shirts for Evening Chic for pressing only and those came back fine.

There is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for reasonable rates.

Regular service, picked up before 9AM, is returned next day. For same day service, picked up before 9AM and returned same day, add 50% express service surcharge.

Laundry Services

• Suit $17.50
  • Jacket $8.00
  • Pants $7.00
  • Sweater $8.00
  • Shorts $5.50
  • Dress $11.00
  • Skirt $6.50
  • Pajamas $5.50
  • Handkerchief $3.00
  • T-shirt $3.75
  • Undergarments $3.00
  • Swimsuit $4.00
  • Socks, pair $3.00

Dry-Cleaning

• Suit $19.00
  • Jacket $11.00
  • Pants $8.00
  • Vest $5.00
  • Sweater $9.00
  • Shorts $6.50
  • Dress $16.00
  • Skirt $7.50
  • Necktie/Tie $5.00
  • 4 Item Special $28.00

Pressing Only

• Suit $14.00
  • Jacket $8.00
  • Pants $6.00
  • Vest $3.00
  • Sweater $5.50
  • Shorts $4.00
  • Dress $8.00
  • Skirt $6.00
  • 4 Item Special $25.00

Great prices only about 300% more than I pay at home for the same service.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again

Having been on Celebrity multiple times, I strongly suggest that you bring more clothes. The cost of laundry is pretty pricey, unless you have coupons which are given to Elite members for a couple of loads of free laundry. Why worry about clothes. IMO the cost and issue about bringing another piece of luggage is well worth it! Some people hang clothes on the balcony but it really isn't a great idea as the ship is frequently being hosed down. The clothes hanging in the bathroom do not dry well .

Edited by Cruise a holic

They are actually cheaper than I pay in my home in NJ and about the same as I pay in Pa.

Most is about the same except shirts. Shirts are a lot higher. It only costs me about $1.50 for shirts. The prices for shirts, long sleeve, short sleeve and t shirts are the only prices out of line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

A hint I received on one of the other boards worked great when we were on a 20 day cruise. Keep a pool towel in the cabin and when you hand wash things in the sink roll them in the towel to get most of the moisture out. We found doing this helped. We brought extra metal clip hangers so we could also hang things in the closet. We also hung some things on the balcony chairs with plastic clothes pins and never had them get wet from someone cleaning the balconies. Just hang them close to the balcony door.

A hint I received on one of the other boards worked great when we were on a 20 day cruise. Keep a pool towel in the cabin and when you hand wash things in the sink roll them in the towel to get most of the moisture out. We found doing this helped. We brought extra metal clip hangers so we could also hang things in the closet. We also hung some things on the balcony chairs with plastic clothes pins and never had them get wet from someone cleaning the balconies. Just hang them close to the balcony door.

Thanks for the tip! Are there any hangers in the closet or should we bring our own? What about a clothes line? Thanks! :)

Some of the hangers in the closet do have clips but I have some lightweight metal pant hangers that I brought along also. I did bring a clothesline but didn't use it as there was one in the shower. Another person in our group strung one between the balcony chairs and said it worked great.

Some of the hangers in the closet do have clips but I have some lightweight metal pant hangers that I brought along also. I did bring a clothesline but didn't use it as there was one in the shower. Another person in our group strung one between the balcony chairs and said it worked great.

Thank you! :D

Does that means there is no self service laundry on the Summit? Where can one go if they want to do any ironing?

Tom

Sorry Tom - neither self-service laundry nor ironing on Celebrity. Downy wrinkle release works pretty well, along w/ the steam in the bathroom. If you really need something pressed - you can send it out to be done.

I also sometimes steam up the bathroom and that helps. my mother taught me to use tissue paper and neatly fold items. My sister uses baggies and said that helps. For the items that do crease, the ship can press for you for a fee of course! Also do not pack linen it creases badly

Just a word of caution -

I hate checking luggage, and I take care of my clothes. I have an entire mix / match travel wardrobe, mostly washable silk and light cotton, that fits in a carry-on using space-saver bags that squeeze air out and prevent wrinkles. I clean clothes in my cabin easily and hang up. Two week cruise with a single carry-on. No laundry costs.

• 1 month later...

Laundry Services

• Suit $17.50
  • Jacket $8.00
  • Pants $7.00
  • Sweater $8.00
  • Shorts $5.50
  • Dress $11.00
  • Skirt $6.50
  • Pajamas $5.50
  • Handkerchief $3.00
  • T-shirt $3.75
  • Undergarments $3.00
  • Swimsuit $4.00
  • Socks, pair $3.00

Dry-Cleaning

• Suit $19.00
  • Jacket $11.00
  • Pants $8.00
  • Vest $5.00
  • Sweater $9.00
  • Shorts $6.50
  • Dress $16.00
  • Skirt $7.50
  • Necktie/Tie $5.00
  • 4 Item Special $28.00

Pressing Only

• Suit $14.00
  • Jacket $8.00
  • Pants $6.00
  • Vest $3.00
  • Sweater $5.50
  • Shorts $4.00
  • Dress $8.00
  • Skirt $6.00
  • 4 Item Special $25.00

Very much appreciate seeing this list, as we'll be aboard Summit for 2 weeks in November.

Seems like prices have gone up, but I still value having this service so I don't have to 'invest' vacation time to do laundry.

CM

Great prices only about 300% more than I pay at home for the same service.

Just returned and the dry cleaning service was excellent and I was happy with the prices. Maybe 25% higher than at home but I have to drive to the cleaners at home but just lay it on the bed on the ship, so overall a excellent service.

we also bring plenty of clothes with us. we aren't light packers. However, never had a problem giving my DH's and my socks and underware. Would never anything special, delicate or expensive. Also tee shirts my DH wears with swim suits also ok. I put white laundry separate and darks separate. I also write instructions to use only cool water. Never had a problem and have taken around 3 dzn cruises. Never tried dry cleaning services.