Epic in the Med-MDR Meals help

TNCruzer56

OK-All shows and 4 free spec. restaurants are booked. On the Star in the Caribe, we had no trouble just strolling in to any of the MDRs to have dinner.

Should we make MRD reservations for Taste, Manhattan Room etc.? TIA!!!

-

Also, to any Epic veterans, what other entertainment would you recommend other than the 4 "biggies"? Also TIA!!!

Unless you are a big group there is no need to book any of the MDRs. At busy times you may have a short wait, but nothing too bad. I'd rather keep my options open.

As for entertainment, Howl at the Moon is really good (although the venue is not good on the Epic). The Beatles are worth seeing as well.

I've seen Graffiti Classics a couple of times on the Epic. By no means unmissable, but not a bad way to pass an hour.

No need .. worse case scenario is they give you a buzzer for 10mins.. As Keith points out above it depends on the size of the group.. As a cpl we have walked in every time

Do not miss the bands in the Cavern.. The Beatles are excellent and its a much better venue and atmosphere to watch "LIVE" music.. The support "guest" bands in here as well are generally excellent if you like it loud and rocky.

I would say though arrive early and grab a nice seat and a nice drink..

For me Howl at the Moon was contrived and dull (and the venue must have been designed by someone who thought it was a bad idea to see the stage (even when the place is practically empty) or sit comfortably)... But each to there own

Edited by ighten

Unless you are a big group there is no need to book any of the MDRs. At busy times you may have a short wait, but nothing too bad. I'd rather keep my options open.

Keith gives good advice.

On our cruises we found that the dining room started to get busy around 8.45 pm. Last summer (when we did not have the UBP) we used to aim for that time because we would be told there was a wait and we got a free (cheap) bubbly to compensate. :p. It did not matter in April because we had the UBP. We rarely had to wait anyway. In the Med you really do not want to be eating before 8 pm.

Priscilla is worth a watch although it's not suitable for young kids (unless you're used to using bad language in front of your kids that is) - I was amazed to see how many small kids were towed a long with their parents to watch it.

The cirque dinner was good fun. It's no cirque de soleil, but an enjoyable evening albeit the food is not that great.

As others have said, bands in the cavern were good.

Burn the floor wasn't our cup of tea but there were plenty giving standing ovations so it appeals to some.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

No wait in May for a table in the MDR on the Epic. We waltzed right in every time. And the nice thing about being just a couple is that the tables at the windows are two tops so we always got a view.

Edited by BamaVol