When do you have to be back on board in port

cincychad

I've noticed on the cruise schedule on MyNCL there is a note that you must be back on board two hours before the ship is schedule to leave. It that true? Really cuts down on port time!

The 2 hours is for at embarkation only. At each port it is a half hour before sail away. We usually try to be back an hour before

Hopefully, someday NCL will change wording of the 2 hours before statement. It confuses many, many persons. As mentioned, usually 1/2 hour before the ship is scheduled to sail from a port. The time to be back on the ship will be posted at the gangway as you get off the ship. We always try for back 1 hour before. I don't ever want to be one of the persons standing there on the dock watching my ship sail away.

And be mindful of "Ship Time." I've never encountered it, but I've heard of situations when the time on the ship is not the same as the time of the port. I'm assuming they talk about this a lot at certain ports, but just be aware!

--Michael

Thanks everyone. The wording by NCL is confusing. There are several time changes on the West Caribbean itinerary on the Getaway. Any advice on keeping track of ship time? I've seen several complaints about that.

Thanks everyone. The wording by NCL is confusing. There are several time changes on the West Caribbean itinerary on the Getaway. Any advice on keeping track of ship time? I've seen several complaints about that.

Every evening before the time change you will get a note on the bed in your cabin, as long as you follow the time changing notes you will always be on ship time. So I really can't see why there should be anything to complain about.... Usually the reason behind the time changes is to have ship time and port time being the same.

A suggestion. Wear a watch and keep it on ship's time. Do not rely on your phone. And yes, they provide a notice on your bed each evening there is a time change. It will also be listed in the dailies, I believe. The picture isn't an exact but it will give you an idea.

time-change-notice-at-reception-fred-olsen-msbalmoral-cruise-ship-cbdkk1.jpg.0eb554cccf4aca138cf431504e2cfa61.jpg

Carnival doesn't switch to port time, so everyone has to calculate what time it is in port when setting up private excursions. I for one would rather turn my clock back (or forward) knowing that I won't have any issues when in port.