Pax miss ship

iheartbda

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20150822/NEWS/150829895

Wonder why they didn't make it back in time?

Since it made the Royal Gazette you would have thought the reporter would have found that out. Interesting that they went to St. George to try and catch the pilot boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Since it made the Royal Gazette you would have thought the reporter would have found that out. Interesting that they went to St. George to try and catch the pilot boat.

Probably close to where the pilot boat takes over.

Once on here, someone poo pooed those of us who like to stay close to the ship on the last day, one never knows what can delay you. Now with the majority of the ships at Dockyard, there's a real drain on the buses and ferries.

I remember one time when there was a storm and ferries weren't running. We were waiting at the bus stop to go back to Dockyard from Horseshoe. Bus after bus flew by because they were already full. Many were worried they wouldn't make it back in time and people started to get nasty with pushing ahead of others and trash talking.:( Fortunately for us, we weren't leaving that day so we crossed the street and went the other way.

According to posts on the NCL board, the girls were partying on Calico Jack's. Mother went to get them at the last minute so then there were three.

Calico Jack's is a Pirate Boat Bar docked very close to the ships Docks. That is really dumb.

Edited by Charles4515

Why didn't the send them out on the tug boat? That has been done sucessfully before.

According to the Port Bermuda Webcam fb page, here is the chain of events:

• Three passengers will transfer to the Breakaway from the Tug Fairhful

• Mission aborted. Too much weather. Passengers will be rushed to Saint Georges and taking out on the Pilot boat to the Breakaway

• No luck, airplane is their next option. Two young ladies in their 20s having too much fun at Calico Jacks, the pirate boat and totally forgot about the time. Mom had to get off the ship and go get them and by that time the ship was leaving, mom very very mad. Plan to return one hour before departure, taking it to the last minute is not going to do anything for you.

I'm confused about them telling them to take a taxi over to St George. Isn't this like a several hour drive? Just going by the "bus schedule" it's at least 2+ hours to get over there right? How would that possibly work? :confused:

It is an hour drive. It could have worked as the ship sails out that way on the and not very fast.

Why would you go by the bus schedule? There is no direct bus and buses make stops. And they were not taking a bus.......

Edited by Charles4515

It is an hour drive. It could have worked as the ship sails out that way on the and not very fast.

Why would you go by the bus schedule? There is no direct bus and buses make stops. And they were not taking a bus.......

Because I have no knowledge of how long it takes to drive there and I didn't say there's a direct bus there. Just simply looking at the amount of time it takes to get from 1 place to another by looking at the schedules they post. So when looking at the bus schedule it states that from the dockyard to Hamilton is about 62 minutes. Then from Hamilton to St George is about 50 minutes or so. That's 2 hours. That's how I got it...then factor any kind of traffic or school times or construction... Who knows. :p

This almost makes me want to stay near the dockyard on the last day. Yikes!

Yep, we have always planned on staying in the Dockyard area our last day. Someone on here once poo pooed those who choose to do so but, one never knows what kind of delay you can run into. On our last cruise, we lived dangerously and took a glass bottom boat tour the morning of the last day. The tour doesn't go that far away and if there was a problem, we could have swam back.:D:D:D

Yep, we have always planned on staying in the Dockyard area our last day. Someone on here once poo pooed those who choose to do so but, one never knows what kind of delay you can run into. On our last cruise, we lived dangerously and took a glass bottom boat tour the morning of the last day. The tour doesn't go that far away and if there was a problem, we could have swam back.:D:D:D

When the ship leaves at 4:30 I always go to Horseshoe. And with the Horseshoe Bay shuttle I am not concerned. Leaving Horseshoe between 1:30 and 2:30 is enough time at the beach, we left the Dockyard on a shuttle at 8:15 am and when I left there at 2:30 pm there were about 10 shuttles lined up waiting for passengers. As you can see there were also plenty of taxis waiting. If my ship left at 3:00 though I would have stayed in the Dockyard area if had not tested the shuttles. Knowing what I know about them I would probably go to Horseshoe the last day if the ship left at 3:00 pm and catch the shuttle at the beach at 1:00 pm.