Miami Cruiseport to Orlando airport

cruzingrama

Trying to find best arrangement for myself, carryon luggage only from Miami cruiseport to meet my husband in the Orlando airport. Ive looked through the first 8 pages and got a few suggestions but booking on-line just didn't give me what i was looking for. Can anyone help?

I know there are others who have done this

thanks

Car rental is what I would do to. But, I have heard of Red Coach bus service in Florida. I don't know if Red Coach has been discussed on this forum. Looking at the website they claim they can pick you up at POM at 9 am and get you to Orlando airport by 2:45pm. Presumably this would involve a shuttle from the port to MIA to transfer to a bus to Orlando.

At least it is an option to explore if you don't want to rent a car.

http://www.redcoachusa.com/stops

It's not a short drive, but Miami airport can be quite time consuming and who knows how long security will take. It might also depend on what you are doing in Orlando and if you need/want a car there.

If you do not want a rental car...

The usual local shuttle companies charge upwards of $600 per van for these long-distance trips.

But there are at least a dozen companies running daily shuttles between Orlando - Fort Lauderdale - Miami (generally they do not stop at cruise terminals). Fares can be as low as $20 per person.

The catch is - the pickups and drops are generally in public places (outside a Denny's, McDonalds, etc). So you have to make your way with all your luggage to one of these places and wait faithfully for some company to pick you! What if they do not show up? Reviews online are generally not very favorable so that does not help either!

I have seen Javax, Smart Shuttle Line, Jet Set, Super Tours and Megabus on the roads and I am sure there are many others.

Only a few companies (ESCOT and Florida Express for example) actually focus on the cruise ports from what I can tell with fares starting at $50.

Rent from National/Alamo/Thrifty and ride the free shuttle from POM to their MIA airport location - let someone else deal with downtown Miami traffic!

Car rental from MIA to MCO should be under $50 - check some of the WDW sites (All Ears is a good one) for FLA discount codes.

Tolls and gas will run another $25 or so. You could be at MCO before others make it through the TSA lines at MIA! ;)