Carnival Vista - NYC itineraries

Jamman54

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but my very reliable source has told me that these are the first two cruises on the Vista from NYC after her Transatlantic crossing.

Nov. 4th - 3 Day cruise to Nowhere

Nov. 7th - 11 Day RT NYC to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Maarten.

Nov. 18th MAY be the repositioning cruise to Miami, or there may be another RT NYC prior to repositioning. Bookings for the first two should begin in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks Jamman. We did this on the Dream. After her inaugural TA, she came to NY for I believe 2 CTN and then 2 regular cruises to Bahamas before going to FL. We did one of the regular cruises. I am sure it will be expensive, but I will keep my eye out anyway. Who knows, maybe we will meet up for some Mudslides and beer sooner rather than later! ;)

If I ran Carnival, I would do another 1 night cruise to Nowhere, or make it a 12 day RT New York, so then an 8 night RT could happen over Thanksgiving week for people with kids, traditions, and/or restrained dates. It could be the Grand Turk, HMC, Nassau itinerary. Then when it comes back, then it should reposition so people can be on it in Miami for Christmas.

I'm more interested in where the other ships will be going once they release the May 2016- April 2017 schedule. Has anyone heard/seen anything? :confused:

I guess we all will have to wait to start planning for Vista's short visit to the Big Apple.

The OP seems to contrast the reliable rumors I have heard:

Carnival Vista 2016

Oct 21 2016 : 13 Day Transatlantic from Spain to NY

Nov 03 2016 : God-Parent ceremony & invitation only shakedown CTN

Nov 05 2016 : 2 night CTN from NYC

Nov 07 2016 : 7 Nights Out of NYC ports TBA

Nov 14 2016 : 8 night R/T from NYC (possible dependent of port confirmations)

Nov 22 2016 : 7 night Repositioning from NYC to Miami (possible dependent of port confirmations)

OR

Nov 14 2016 : 4 night special R/T from NYC (possible dependent of port confirmations)

Nov 18 2016 : 11 night Repositioning from NYC to Miami (possible dependent of port confirmations)

Nov 29 2016 : Start regular schedule out of Miami

I guess we all will have to wait to start planning for Vista's short visit to the Big Apple.

The OP seems to contrast the reliable rumors I have heard:

Carnival Vista 2016

Oct 21 2016 : 13 Day Transatlantic from Spain to NY

Nov 03 2016 : God-Parent ceremony & invitation only shakedown CTN

Nov 05 2016 : 2 night CTN from NYC

Nov 07 2016 : 7 Nights Out of NYC ports TBA

Nov 14 2016 : 8 night R/T from NYC (possible dependent of port confirmations)

Nov 22 2016 : 7 night Repositioning from NYC to Miami (possible dependent of port confirmations)

OR

Nov 14 2016 : 4 night special R/T from NYC (possible dependent of port confirmations)

Nov 18 2016 : 11 night Repositioning from NYC to Miami (possible dependent of port confirmations)

Nov 29 2016 : Start regular schedule out of Miami

Looking forward to JH's announcement on the 12th. Guess we'll find out then who has the reliable source. :D

It won't be for another week or two.

Do you know if Carnival will be posting the rest of their 2016 itineraries then as well?

I'm anxiously awaiting the schedule for Norfolk. Currently, we are just a seasonal home port and we usually share a ship with Miami and New York.

My wife and I are sailing on the Splendor this year from Norfolk and can't wait to see what the future holds!

This October will be our first time on the Splendor. We've previously sailed I the Pride, Glory, and Liberty.

Reading your threads on the Splendor has really helped us get hyped for this year's cruise!

My wife and I had promised ourselves a treat for our 50th anniversary. We had waited since Carnival announced Vista and were determined to book a B2B for her last European and the transatlantic----the day Carnival gave the itineraries (Jan. 22) we did it. Within a week our balcony room for the first cruise had gone up $400+, but the transatlantic (just the cabin price) has almost DOUBLED -- $2,500 to $4,800! My advice to those of you waiting for the 3 day "if it's not too pricey", if you really want it book it the day you see it announced. If it goes down in price you'll get the difference----but if it goes up it might do so really fast.

My source was spot on!! As usual.

That's 2 or 3 nighter will be super crowded. Besides full of kids since it's a Jersey Week in NJ... No school on Thursday and Friday this week for all the districts.

According to my wife, who is a teacher, the convention in 2016 is November 10th & 11th, therefore Jersey Week is the following week.

My source was spot on!! As usual.

According to my wife, who is a teacher, the convention in 2016 is November 10th & 11th, therefore Jersey Week is the following week.

Have you heard anything about the Splendor's future. NY currently shares her with Miami and Norfolk, and as a Norfolk native I'm very eager to hear what is happening in 2016!