2014 Cruise season is coming to a Close

ComeOnLetsGo

It's September already and weekly ships are starting to leave us :(

Celebrity Summit finished its Bermuda sailings last week to perform its New England/Canada sailings before heading to San Juan and the Norwegian Dawn leaves Bermuda today for just under a month to perform New England/Canada sailings but the Norwegian Dawn will return in October to perform some more sailings before heading to New Orleans.

It's September already and weekly ships are starting to leave us :(

Celebrity Summit finished its Bermuda sailings last week to perform its New England/Canada sailings before heading to San Juan and the Norwegian Dawn leaves Bermuda today for just under a month to perform New England/Canada sailings but the Norwegian Dawn will return in October to perform some more sailings before heading to New Orleans.

We are on the Eclipse in November doing a TA with an overnight stop in Bermuda. Looking forward to it and hope nothing is closed

I think saying the 2014 season is coming to a close is overstating it.

There are still 8 cruise ship calls to be made in the remainder of September, 15 in October, 7 in November and 2 in December, for a total of 32 calls remaining . That's almost 25% of the 2014 schedule of 130 cruise ship calls.

While some of the regular callers are ending their Bermuda seasons, there's a substantial increase in occasional callers at this time of the year that partially makes up for it.

I think saying the 2014 season is coming to a close is overstating it.

There are still 8 cruise ship calls to be made in the remainder of September, 15 in October, 7 in November and 2 in December, for a total of 32 calls remaining . That's almost 25% of the 2014 schedule of 130 cruise ship calls.

While some of the regular callers are ending their Bermuda seasons, there's a substantial increase in occasional callers at this time of the year that partially makes up for it.

I understand your point and while there are more cruises to go I was speaking of the weekely callers.

Both points are valid.

Well, we plan to be back there, shortly after next season opens -- Memorial Day on Summit! After experiencing the heat/humidity of last week's cruise, we're looking forward to being there when it's a bit cooler! :cool:

Yeah the weather has been superb and we have had summer weather for 10 days (or so). If you didn't know it was September you would think it was July or August (which are usually the hottest months). Even the view from shore the water has been calm and you can find in some areas the water its smooth as glass.

Glad you'll be visiting again.

The cruise ship season is still going strong in Bermuda. There are lots of great ships coming in October, like the AIDAluna, the Norwegian Breakaway, and the Explorer of the Seas, the Silver Whisper and the Regatta.

The Norwegian Dawn, the Emerald Princess and the Celebrity Eclipse are coming in November, as well as the Silver Spirit, the Riviera and the Balmoral. The Europa 2 and the Ocean Princess are arriving in December, so there are still many great cruises ships set to dock in Bermuda.

The cruise ship season is still going strong in Bermuda. There are lots of great ships coming in October, like the AIDAluna, the Norwegian Breakaway, and the Explorer of the Seas, the Silver Whisper and the Regatta.

The Norwegian Dawn, the Emerald Princess and the Celebrity Eclipse are coming in November, as well as the Silver Spirit, the Riviera and the Balmoral. The Europa 2 and the Ocean Princess are arriving in December, so there are still many great cruises ships set to dock in Bermuda.

Yes you are correct and as mentioned in another post I was referring to the ships that visit every week. In that regard there are two ships that are on other routes and thus leaving three remaining ships for the duration of the season. When the Norwegian Dawn returns after its Canada/New England cruises the Norwegian Breakaway will switch to its Florida/Bahamas cruises.

The weekly ships are a huge part of our visits so having two ships finish, the cruise numbers drop significantly. Yes there will be occasional callers visiting but they do not amount to our weekly ships.

I guess their marketing would prove me wrong, but I would WAY rather cruise to Bermuda sometime the rest of Sept into mid Oct on the "Summit" instead of doing a Canada/NE cruise then.

Edited by marco

we will be on the Dawn arriving on Nov 2 - - Don't close Bermuda until after our cruise at least, I am really looking forward to early November in Bermuda. Hope to snag a Fruit-Rum Cake for Thanksgiving Dessert at the Rum Cake Factory....and hoping also for temperate weather - -

we will be on the Dawn arriving on Nov 2 - - Don't close Bermuda until after our cruise at least, I am really looking forward to early November in Bermuda. Hope to snag a Fruit-Rum Cake for Thanksgiving Dessert at the Rum Cake Factory....and hoping also for temperate weather - -

I will be on this cruise too! Soooo looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I contacted the officials and they said Bermuda will remain open just for you because they value CC'ers :D

Seriously you'll be fine, just come shop (grab that rum cake), sightsee and have fun. The weather is usually a bit cooler but nothing like what you'll find on the east coast. Also remember it will be getting dark early too.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the Breakaway depart for the final time this season. Thanks for visiting. The Dawn is scheduled to be back on Sun and with five visits from Beantown and than it will be finishing too. Sigh.

Edited by ComeOnLetsGo

We will be visiting Bermuda on Wednesday, November 5, 2014 on the Emerald Princess. Glad to hear that it will still be open for us late comers!!! :D We have not yet planned what to do on our visit and are open to suggestions...

Would Beach and water activities be appropriate this time of the year still? Especially snorkeling? What is the weather and water temperatures like then?

Any other touring suggestions that someone may have for this time of the year?

Happy Cruising!

Mark

We will be visiting Bermuda on Wednesday, November 5, 2014 on the Emerald Princess. Glad to hear that it will still be open for us late comers!!! :D We have not yet planned what to do on our visit and are open to suggestions...

Would Beach and water activities be appropriate this time of the year still? Especially snorkeling? What is the weather and water temperatures like then?

Happy Cruising!

Mark

For weather, have a look at this post : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44210378&postcount=5

Happy Cruising!

Mark

I don't know if you have been to Bermuda before ? If it's your first time I would suggest a private taxi tour of the Island...a 4 or 5 hour tour will have you see most of the Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Happy Cruising!

Mark

We will be there mid November for the first time and have booked a full day tour with Heidei Cowan. Her tour covers a lot of the isand. We don't have beach planned for swimming, but just to check it out.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Here is a link to a list of "must do's" in Bermuda !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42293313&postcount=5