RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

How far in advance did you book with them. Going next June. How did you choose your tours. Have never been to Italy. Going to Civitavecchia (Rome) Italy, La Spezia (Florence/Pisa) Italy, Naples (Salerno) Italy. Which tours did you choose?

Hi Nana57!!! Love your name :)

Reach out to RIL now... June is a busy time of year and they get booked up fast. Go to their website and read about various itineraries they offer and see how those fit into your "bucket list". For us and we used them in three ports, Rome was the reason for our entire cruise! We wanted to see absolutely as much as humanly possible and be able to survive (and enjoy) the day. So do allow RIL to arrange a private guide for your Vatican tour and do take their advice as to the timing of that your, including making sure you get you Vatican tickets the minute they are available online (remember everyone else is doing this too).

Janey at RIL is full of great info, check out the website to start and if there is something your want that is not there just let her know...

My advice is to contact her ASAP :) have fun planning and a great resource is Rick Steve's Med Ports book, pick it up now and start reading!

PS go to your Roll Call for your sailing and see what private tours are being arranged and join in the fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

How far in advance did you book with them. Going next June. How did you choose your tours. Have never been to Italy. Going to Civitavecchia (Rome) Italy, La Spezia (Florence/Pisa) Italy, Naples (Salerno) Italy. Which tours did you choose?

I booked with Jany in March of this year for our cruise leaving Venice on 6/2. We did the Rome Highlights without the Vatican and pre-purchased our tickets for the Coliseum a few weeks before departure. RIL is very accommodating and will let you tailor the tour to what you want to see and do. If you book for more than one port you also receive a discount on your tours. Make sure to look under Shore Excursions on their website.

Nana57 can't stress strongly enough to not wait. The prior poster did luck out, not always the case! June is a very very busy month and RIL can only handle so much business!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I along with my sister and her husband recently did a 13 night Med cruise on Celebrity's Equinox. After the cruise we spent three extra days in Florence and two more in Rome. After doing much research on Rome in Limo on Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic we booked three of their shore excursion tours in Livorno, Rome and Salerno. ("Pisa and Florence", "Rome Highlights", and "Herculaneum Sorrento and Positano") We also asked them to provide a guide for the Coliseum, Vatican and Herculaneum. After the cruise we booked additional tours, "Sienna and San Gimignano" in Florence and "Underground and Medieval Rome" in Rome.

We had never booked private tours on our cruises before, so even though all of the reviews were excellent, there was just a little apprehension that all would go well. It was unfounded, as every tour started exactly as scheduled and far exceeded expectations. All of the people we came in contact with from Rome in Limo, from Jany in their office, to each driver and guide were beyond excellent. Each one of them was like a family friend after the first ten minutes. They knew their areas like the back of their hands and the guides were simply fantastic. They brought life to each of their areas. We would recommend their service to anyone.

My wife and I along with my sister and her husband recently did a 13 night Med cruise on Celebrity's Equinox. After the cruise we spent three extra days in Florence and two more in Rome. After doing much research on Rome in Limo on Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic we booked three of their shore excursion tours in Livorno, Rome and Salerno. ("Pisa and Florence", "Rome Highlights", and "Herculaneum Sorrento and Positano") We also asked them to provide a guide for the Coliseum, Vatican and Herculaneum. After the cruise we booked additional tours, "Sienna and San Gimignano" in Florence and "Underground and Medieval Rome" in Rome.

We had never booked private tours on our cruises before, so even though all of the reviews were excellent, there was just a little apprehension that all would go well. It was unfounded, as every tour started exactly as scheduled and far exceeded expectations. All of the people we came in contact with from Rome in Limo, from Jany in their office, to each driver and guide were beyond excellent. Each one of them was like a family friend after the first ten minutes. They knew their areas like the back of their hands and the guides were simply fantastic. They brought life to each of their areas. We would recommend their service to anyone.

THIS is exactly why we would not consider any other company when returning to Rome or any other area they service.....!!!:D

I would agree with the previous posts. We had an excellent time with Rome in Limo. I have used them each time we come to Italy. Our drive through the Amalfi coast with the winding roads was perfect... We had lunch in a wine villa at the foot of Mt. Vesuvius, visited Positano and walked through the hidden gem of Villa Oplentis (an unearthed villa that has little or no people viewing it... you can actually touch the walls, walk through the abandoned rooms and really get up close and personal to what the wealthy lived like during Pompeii) SUPER...Check it out online.. Bottom line. Rome in LImo provided us with professional, informative and stellar service...

Another Romeinlimo fan here. Have used them several times. Always managed to get a roll call group together to keep the price reasonable. A group of 6-8 works well. The are very easy and professional to work with. Just give them an idea of what you want to see and they will come up with a tour. We used another company before using Romeinlimo....the other company was fine, but RIL was just a better experience all the way around. Wherever you tour with them, it will be a good tour!

Liz

We just returned from cruise with 3 private tours in Italy with RIL. Our guides were Valeria, Marco and Costanza / Rome, Florence, Naples. Each guide was excellent...answered all questions and were extremely informative about each location. I would give RIL 5 stars for these tours. You would think 8 hours would be a long time with guides, but our time was efficient and enjoyable...and we had 6 children with us! :)

RIL is definitely the best way to see Italy for cruisers. RIL SAVED our trip, literally. We went on a Med cruise a few years ago and the ship was broke down in Villa Franche during the 2nd day of our 13-day trip. Celebrity Cruise did nothing except for busing (10-hr drive) people back to the original port (Barcelona) and shipped everyone back. I chose to stay and RIL sent a van to come pick us up in France and drove us back to Rome. We used Rome as our base city and did day trips out of Rome. Same trips that cruisers would take, except we had to drive back to Rome at the end of the journey. Each driver was extremely courteous and full of knowledge. EVERY SINGLE tour we did with them were unbelievable. Never had to stand in line for ANYTHING, it's quite amazing to be honest. Especially the Vatican City with our amazing guide, it was a breeze to walk in while you see thousands of people lining around the block to get in. Nothing by 5+ star treatment from RIL. Rome, Naples, St. Gimigano with the awesome Tenuta winery, everything was top notch. Book with them as soon as you have your trip confirmed as they can only accommodate so many people. Take everyone's advise, go with RIM, pay a little extra, skip the stupid cruise excursions with big buses… you will not forget the trip. If Italy itself doesn't whoa you enough, RIL will! Nothing but the best to say about them. NOTHING.

We've down several tours with RIL and can't say enough great things about them. Jany does a super job setting everything up correctly. Leave yourself in their hands and you will have a terrific time. Can't wait to get over there again.

I am looking into booking the Rome Highlights tour with RiL for mid-November. I am not in a great rush, as I shouldn't think they will be too busy. Jany has responded promptly. I had wanted to do it for just the two of us, but the prices are a bit steep that way, now we are four and thinking of "recruiting" two more, perhaps. Would six be a good number, or should we just stick with the four? I think we will get their guide for the Vatican, as well. We have been to Rome many times, but never had a guide, so I'm quite excited about this. I'm sure we will get more out of one day this way than we ever have on our own.

My last Med cruise I used RIL for a Rome tour with the Vatican and guide and it was wonderful. I wouldn't have know half of what I was looking at if Paula wasn't telling us what we were looking at. I wouldn't hesitate to book with a guide it was well worth the money.

I am looking into booking the Rome Highlights tour with RiL for mid-November. I am not in a great rush, as I shouldn't think they will be too busy. Jany has responded promptly. I had wanted to do it for just the two of us, but the prices are a bit steep that way, now we are four and thinking of "recruiting" two more, perhaps. Would six be a good number, or should we just stick with the four? I think we will get their guide for the Vatican, as well. We have been to Rome many times, but never had a guide, so I'm quite excited about this. I'm sure we will get more out of one day this way than we ever have on our own.

We found 6 to be the perfect number for the tours. The van is comfortable and it is the right sized group in museums with the guide. The price is right as well. If you book a second tour for another city with them they give you a discount on both. RIL was a wonderful experience. We will definitely use them again.

We used RIL for both Florence/Pisa and Rome countryside tours on our recent cruise. Our drivers were Raffaele and Alberto respectively. This was a great alternative to the cruise ship tours that dump you off blocks from the sites because the busses cannot enter the older parts of the cities. We were able to have a great in depth tour of Florence. It was amazing and the tour was tailored exactly what we requested....no visiting of shops!!!

Our next port stop was for Rome. Since we had visited Rome for a week a few years earlier we decided to tour the countryside. Alberto arranged a private tour of the ruins and our guide was wonderful. Then we were off to the restaurant "La Rocca" in the medieval castle for wine and olive oil tasting and lunch. After the meal my husband declared it was the absolute best of our entire trip. It is a family restaurant and the food was fantastic.....The day was a great alternative to rushing to see Rome in a day for people that have already visited Rome.

Our trips were wonderful and we had fantastic drivers. I would strongly recommend RIL.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like this is a popular tour company in Rome but I'm trying to understand the concept of their tours. Let's say I hire them for the Rome Highlights tour of theirs, when we get to sites like Trevi Fountain, will the driver actually accompany us on there or will he just stay in the car while we stroll around?

As for the Vatican Museum, their website did not say if there will be a guide included inside the museum?

It seems like this is a popular tour company in Rome but I'm trying to understand the concept of their tours. Let's say I hire them for the Rome Highlights tour of theirs, when we get to sites like Trevi Fountain, will the driver actually accompany us on there or will he just stay in the car while we stroll around?

As for the Vatican Museum, their website did not say if there will be a guide included inside the museum?

According to Italian law the driver can not accompany you into sites with any tour company, not just Rome in Limo. However, a good company, with good drivers, like Rome in Limo, will impart tons of info about each stop before you get there, so you will be prepared for what you are seeing.

For the Vatican, a guide is not included in the basic fare. One can be arranged for an extra fee. I would strong recommend this for maximum understanding of the huge number of key points in the Vatican.

Edited by CruiserBruce

According to Italian law the driver can not accompany you into sites with any tour company, not just Rome in Limo. However, a good company, with good drivers, like Rome in Limo, will impart tons of info about each stop before you get there, so you will be prepared for what you are seeing.

For the Vatican, a guide is not included in the basic fare. One can be arranged for an extra fee. I would strong recommend this for maximum understanding of the huge number of key points in the Vatican.

RIL arranged our guide for both the Vatican and Pompeii of course there was an extra charge but these guides are so important to understanding these really important historical sites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can customize your tour any way you would like. Parking is a problem in most places and generally the driver will drop you off near Trevi Fountain and tell you when and where to meet after near the site. Trevi fountain is a popular site and is generally crowded.

The drivers are full of knowledge and will give you detailed information about each site.

In the Vatican, we hired a guide, and Rome in Limo can arrange that for you. We did the tour twice and wasn't disappointed either time. The Vatican has always been a popular place, but since Pope Francis was elected, it is even more popular. You can buy tickets for the Vatican tour online, which we did, and Rome in Limo will tell you the time to choose.