Want a Ride?

Shatima

Hello Cruise Critic Forums Family,

I want to know.. How many of you have stayed in South Beach the day B 4 ur cruise, and order transportation for the following day??

If you have, Which company did u find to have the best rates? And did they make you pay at the time of booking?

I found a company for us (total of 10) but they want the Money up front (all not deposit).. The company thats driven all of us to and from FLL/MIA didn't make us pay anything. I wish they had a company in SOB..

SO if you have been through this B 4, could u please help me.. Thanks so much

Have a Wonderful day.....

Why not price cabs? (Assuming you're going to Port of Miami!) That may be more economical and there's no "upfront" money required! You may need 2 cabs, but it's fast and easy! Call your hotel...they can give you prices on cabs and info on other options.

I stayed in South Beach for a couple of days pre cruise and just took a taxi cab. Easy, fast and inexpensive. South Beach is a fun plane to spend a day or two (or more) pre cruise. This is assuming your cruise is at Port of Miami. If your cruise is elsewhere, a cab might not be the cheapest option. For ten people you will likely need two to three cabs (depending on the size of the cab or the amount of luggage), but a cab to Port of Miami should be cheaper than any shuttle service.

Thanks to you both so much, For taking time out of ur day to answer my post, and not just VIEW it! I will look into both.. Alot of bags can be the problem. 10 people.... thats alot..

I am not trying to be mean here because I am not but want to defend the people who came here to view your post. People do view posts for different reasons. First how will a person know if they can help you if they don't "view" your post to see what information you are looking for? And second maybe someone has the same questions who have, like I did. I saw your post and came to view it in hopes of getting an answer to the same question you just posted. Why post the same question more than once when you don't have to?

CruiserBruce thanks for the link. It is just the link I needed.

I think people view this post because of the title, "Want a ride?" It sounds like a solicitation, not a request for information.

You are correct..that is what I tought or someone that wanted to share a ride and expenses....

Thanks to you both so much, For taking time out of ur day to answer my post, and not just VIEW it! I will look into both.. Alot of bags can be the problem. 10 people.... thats alot..

Since the title to your thread was vague, I came to view it.

Since I haven't been on a cruise out of South Beach, I didn't want to waste everyone's time posting for nothing.

Something to consider?:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for all ur different comments.... Now is there any one out there, that has been through this before and would like to help please? I would help anyone if I have to info they needed..

Hope everyone has a great day..

You might want to ask your hotel if they can recommend someone to transport you to POM. We stayed at the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon by the airport in Miami. The hotel gave us the name and number of someone to pick us up at the hotel the morning of the cruise. It was $10 per person. He had a van and an enclosed trailer he pulled behind for the luggage. We paid him when we got to POM. I don't remember his name, but I bet if you called the Homewood Suites they would give it to you.

You might want to ask your hotel if they can recommend someone to transport you to POM. We stayed at the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon by the airport in Miami. The hotel gave us the name and number of someone to pick us up at the hotel the morning of the cruise. It was $10 per person. He had a van and an enclosed trailer he pulled behind for the luggage. We paid him when we got to POM. I don't remember his name, but I bet if you called the Homewood Suites they would give it to you.

Thanks so much :D. I will look into them for sure ;-)

Hello Cruise Critic Forums Family,

I want to know.. How many of you have stayed in South Beach the day B 4 ur cruise, and order transportation for the following day??

If you have, Which company did u find to have the best rates? And did they make you pay at the time of booking?

I found a company for us (total of 10) but they want the Money up front (all not deposit).. The company thats driven all of us to and from FLL/MIA didn't make us pay anything. I wish they had a company in SOB..

SO if you have been through this B 4, could u please help me.. Thanks so much

Have a Wonderful day.....

We used Millenium Limo when going from our hotel to POM. Service was great! Driver was great! There was 6 of us and we had the Chrysler 300 limo. Awesome car!! It was only $5 more per couple than taking a taxi. We also had much better service and our luggage was treated way better than taxi drivers normally do.

We did not pay up front. We did not pay until the driver arrived at our hotel. Maybe this has all changed, so if it has, then they will all be requiring payment up front. Since I have used this company before, I would not hesitate to use them again....and if I had to pay up front, I would.

We used Millenium Limo when going from our hotel to POM. Service was great! Driver was great! There was 6 of us and we had the Chrysler 300 limo. Awesome car!! It was only $5 more per couple than taking a taxi. We also had much better service and our luggage was treated way better than taxi drivers normally do.

We did not pay up front. We did not pay until the driver arrived at our hotel. Maybe this has all changed, so if it has, then they will all be requiring payment up front. Since I have used this company before, I would not hesitate to use them again....and if I had to pay up front, I would.

Thank u.. I will call them and see what they are doing now ;-)

That is a pretty funny post, considering you are lecturing people for not answering the question, but you posted and didn't answer it either.

Thats a BIG 10 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If u arent helping(not the ones that read it and really dont know) but the others that still didnt help with a answer, but h a d to say something...

Thanks everyone for all ur different comments.... Now is there any one out there, that has been through this before and would like to help please? I would help anyone if I have to info they needed..

Hope everyone has a great day..

As per my prior comment on this thread, if you are sailing out of Port of Miami a taxi will almost certainly be cheaper (and easier to arrange) then a shuttle service. Taxis are readily available in a moment's notice in South Beach. You may be able to fit into two taxi vans, if not three regular taxis. Even if you use three taxis it would come to about $7 a person. If you are not sailing from Port of Miami, you need to say what port you are sailing from for people to be able to provide other alternatives.

As per my prior comment on this thread, if you are sailing out of Port of Miami a taxi will almost certainly be cheaper (and easier to arrange) then a shuttle service. Taxis are readily available in a moment's notice in South Beach. You may be able to fit into two taxi vans, if not three regular taxis. Even if you use three taxis it would come to about $7 a person. If you are not sailing from Port of Miami, you need to say what port you are sailing from for people to be able to provide other alternatives.

Yes u are right its, POM.. I just found a company that has really great rates (thanks to one of the people uf here) Again thanks so much for taking ur time to help me :D

Archived