Booking Pre-Cruise Hotels through NCL

Aussie Jeep

Has anyone booked their pre-cruise hotel through NCL? I am looking at the Holiday Inn at Port of Miami and initial appearances the rate on the NCL site is way cheaper than Holiday inn. Can anyone give me some guidance here. Thanks

Has anyone booked their pre-cruise hotel through NCL? I am looking at the Holiday Inn at Port of Miami and initial appearances the rate on the NCL site is way cheaper than Holiday inn. Can anyone give me some guidance here. Thanks

We have used hotels through NCL in New Orleans and Copenhagen. The transportation to the port is convenient but it is a big bus which can take some time. The price usually isn't that much less than booking direct. The $99 price via Norwegian is per person so it is $198 a night.

We have booked the NCL hotel several times. You have to do your homework and figure out if it is a good deal. The times we did it, when we factored in the transportation to the port, it turned out to be a good deal. But, don't forget, the NCL price is per person, but it does include all of the taxes. Hotel taxes in some cities can be very steep.

• 3 months later...

Would you share what hotel/hotels NCL offered in New Orleans and where you stayed. We are thinking of booking our first NCL cruise out of New Orleans and are looking for a hotel near the cruise terminal. Would it be cheaper to book our own hotel, one that has free transportation to the cruise terminal, or do those even exist in New Orleans?

For those looking in NOLA consider the Drury on Poydras St. We stayed there while on vacation several years ago and loved it. Highly rated, decent prices and great extras including free drinks each night along with snacks (wings, salad, baked potatoes, etc.). I don't think it is too far from the terminal.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Always like the Holiday Inn for its proximity to the outdoor Bay Mall..

Theres a site that lets you book price first without revealing the hotel name. But, if you do a tiny bit of research you will find its the holiday inn ..;)

For NOLA, I would not specifically look for something near the cruise terminal, though there is not any REAL close anyways. Cab from the French Qtr or near it is rather cheap and quick 10-15 minutes with traffic.

Get a hotel close the French Qtr so you can walk around. Get a hotel that is for a New Orleans visit, not a cruise visit.

"Quarter House" . in it , but not to much . private .nice suite type rooms.. court yard . breakfast by the court yard pool included. short walk to Du monde.

You will get the flavor of the quarter ..;)

short cab to the pier.