5 day cruise what ship would you pick?

NOSaints1

Just wondering what 5 day cruises would be the best and what ships would you go on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Western Caribbean is really all you can do in 5 days but I would suggest any fantasy class ship (imagination, fascination, ecstasy, etc) as you often get good deals on them and 5 days really isn't enough time to see and experience everything on a larger ship. Those big ships are better for longer voyages.

liberty or victory :D

No way. I took the victory for a 7 day cruise all over the eastern Caribbean a few years ago and the liberty on a southern Caribbean trip over 7 days 3 years ago. Those ships are too big and fancy to just go somewhere on them for a few days. The longer, once in a lifetime port visit cruises are better on larger ships and shorter getaways are better on smaller ships.

I like the longer voyages, but for money wise, might be a good option to cruise and spend a few extra days in the city your sailing out of. My other question on the fantasy or fascination for the 7 day cruise. Is there enough to do, are the ships we'll maintained?

I sailed on the Fascination it was great. Half Moon Cay was our favorite port. We were the only ship at the private island. Jacksonville was an easy terminal. We went early to avoid lines.

I am doing Paradise out of Tampa next year.

Sent from my iPad

I;ve taken Victory on the five day to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman twice. I *love* that ship. Beautiful decor, incredible staff. IMHO, it's the closest to a "traditional" cruise that Carnival offers, as the ship is not Funship 2.0 with all the extras and doesn't use the "American Table" menu.

I like the longer voyages, but for money wise, might be a good option to cruise and spend a few extra days in the city your sailing out of. My other question on the fantasy or fascination for the 7 day cruise. Is there enough to do, are the ships we'll maintained?

Unless they change it in the future it seems that the Fascination only does one 7 day cruise a year and that's in May. All others on that ship are 4 and 5 days.

We did the Paradise 5 day to GC and Cozumel, that was a good trip and we sailed Ecstasy 5 day when it was at Canaveral to Bahamas. Both were good and we always had something we could do.

These size ships are easy to navigate. We did a 6 day on the Freedom and it did take us longer to maneuver that ship and lines seemed a bit longer, but we have learned how to avoid those, just don't follow the crowd. That sailing included Key West, but unfortunately most of the sailings there are day hours, living in Florida we prefer to take a few days to visit because of the nightlife and a few hours is just not enough. We waited to take a 7 day on Liberty because we want more time on the larger ship.

Princess is sailing from San Fransicso.

True, Princess goes to Mexico, Alaska, and Hawaii and Celebrity to Alaska from San Francisco. Just hoping for variety of cruise lines like the east coast experiences. We have to travel to Long Beach for short 3-4 day cruises.