Purchasing Alcohol by the Bottle on Board

Does anyone know if Royal sells alcohol by the bottle to be consumed on board? My brother just got back from an NCL cruise and he could purchase a bottle of hard liquor for $100 and drink it while on his cruise. Another positive for NCL!

Just got off the Anthem...No you can not purchase a bottle to drink on board. If you purchase a bottle they deliver it the night before you disembark. [emoji26]. Still love RCL!

some ships require you to pick it up on debarkation morning

I think that it's about time that Royal Caribbean reconsider the ability for someone of age to purchase liquor by the bottle onboard.

I can purchase liquor, by the bottle on Celebrity, Princess and NCL. Liquor is not cheap on any of these lines, as it used to be on Royal Caribbean.

I would love to see Royal Caribbean adopt the same pricing as Celebrity, it would be a positive step in the right direction.

However, at this time, addressing the OPs question, unfortunately one cannot purchase liquor for consumption while onboard.

Rick

I think that it's about time that Royal Caribbean reconsider the ability for someone of age to purchase liquor by the bottle onboard.

I can purchase liquor, by the bottle on Celebrity, Princess and NCL. Liquor is not cheap on any of these lines, as it used to be on Royal Caribbean.

I would love to see Royal Caribbean adopt the same pricing as Celebrity, it would be a positive step in the right direction.

However, at this time, addressing the OPs question, unfortunately one cannot purchase liquor for consumption while onboard.

Rick

When we began cruising with Royal Caribbean in 1997 we could purchase a bottle of liquor on board and pay $10 extra to take it to our room.

That changed.

Edited by beachnative

When we began cruising with Royal Caribbean in 1997 we could purchase a bottle of liquor on board and pay $10 extra to take it to our room.

That changed.

Last time I remember being able to buy a bottle of liquor to drink on board was when we sailed the Sovereign. That was 2005 and I think it was a $15 surcharge then.

That changed.

Remember, it was the Duty Free price for the bottle, plus a $10.00 fee to be able to drink it onboard.

The "good old days" won't be back, but they were fun while they lasted!!:)

Rick

You'll need to book B2B cruises to drink your liquor on-board. Just don't leave the bottle out in the open during your second week. The cabin attendants are required to report anyone with liquor bottles.

If your Sail and Sign card is marked for a B-2-B, you will not be allowed to purchase liquor for delivery to your cabin at the end of week one. However you can get some else to purchase your adult beverage on the last day of week one.

If your Sail and Sign card is marked for a B-2-B, you will not be allowed to purchase liquor for delivery to your cabin at the end of week one. However you can get some else to purchase your adult beverage on the last day of week one.

Maybe I've always been lucky, it's worked for me a couple of times.

Maybe I've always been lucky, it's worked for me a couple of times.

The crew is supposed to hold liquor for consecuritive cruisers until the last night of their final cruise, but sometimes that falls through the cracks.

RC doesn't mark your card to indicate B2B. Also, i also do not think the people in the duty free shop care what the policy is, if you go there the last day when they allow you to leave with the liquor, you get to take it with you.

Remember, the sales people who work in the shops do not work for the cruise line, they work for a vendor who has contracted to run the shops.

On the other hand, you could make a friend who isn't B2B, have them buy it for you and you pay them.