RCCL Drop off and pick up.

I have always found it best if you drop off before a cruise and pick up after a cruise. 😂😂😂:confused::D:

But where.

Dropping sis and bro in law off in December for their Christmas cruise and picking them up early Jan, being the overplanner I am, and not used to drop offs just wondering if I'm better to kick them out in George Street or braves the drop off zones.

Drop off is relatively OK, go right to the terminal building. You have to drive down past it, turn at the end roundabout then come back to stop where directed.

Pick up is a nightmare. There is nowhere for cars to park and wait. I'm not sure what to suggest for this, we usually just get a taxi home now.

Drop off is relatively OK, go right to the terminal building. You have to drive down past it, turn at the end roundabout then come back to stop where directed.

Pick up is a nightmare. There is nowhere for cars to park and wait. I'm not sure what to suggest for this, we usually just get a taxi home now.

Thanks sounds like I tell them to wander up to George Street.

As OZKiwiJJ has said, drop off is straightforward enough, just drive into the terminal, no real Problem at all. Pick up could take a bit of co ordination but assuming both you and your sister have mobiles and have a predetermined pick up point at the terminal and an" approximate" debark time you just need to park somewhere at the back of the Rocks away from the "mainstream" and wait for her to call you. Depending whether it is a week day or weekend you may get lucky and get a metred parking spot near the OPT for an hour or so and you can a walk around the terminal.

As OZKiwiJJ has said, drop off is straightforward enough, just drive into the terminal, no real Problem at all. Pick up could take a bit of co ordination but assuming both you and your sister have mobiles and have a predetermined pick up point at the terminal and an" approximate" debark time you just need to park somewhere at the back of the Rocks away from the "mainstream" and wait for her to call you. Depending whether it is a week day or weekend you may get lucky and get a metred parking spot near the OPT for an hour or so and you can a walk around the terminal.

That's what we do when daughter picks us up, she normally pulls up down near Pier one and waits till we ring. So probably do the same with sis. Drop off is Thursday 22nd pick up is 3rd, Haven't looked yet, Tues or Wed I think, so might get lucky in George Street and have a wander.

Agreed. Our daughter normally rings us when she is 5-10 minutes away and we wait in front of the terminal. Its not easy with the limos and other private cars picking people up. At least though now taxi's have there own designated pickup area now so it might be a bit easier picking up.

Edited by cruisine21

That's what we do when daughter picks us up, she normally pulls up down near Pier one and waits till we ring. So probably do the same with sis. Drop off is Thursday 22nd pick up is 3rd, Haven't looked yet, Tues or Wed I think, so might get lucky in George Street and have a wander.

I haven't got lucky on George street for over 30 years.:rolleyes:

So that makes it that they will be on the Explorer. Being related to YOU will they be expecting "Spethial" treatment???:eek::eek: Have they cruised before?

So that makes it that they will be on the Explorer. Being related to YOU will they be expecting "Spethial" treatment???:eek::eek: Have they cruised before?

I think it's Explorer. Yeah we got them hooked, I think this is their sixth mainly Royal, last year on Solstice from Hawaii.

Nah they ain't spethshial like me is. He's a Pom, even though he has been Neutralized.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicCanberra viewpost.gif

Was that when fishnets went out of fashion?:D

No you have got it wrong........ Gut2407 is the "solicitor" not Micanberra.

Edited by gbenjo

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicCanberra viewpost.gif

No you have got it wrong........ Gut2407 is the "solicitor" not Micanberra.

Solicitor, what an insult.

OK Sorry........so you make coffee....you are a "Barrista" not a solicitor:D:D:D

Thank you.

(When I was doing my course I had to get a bank cheque to the Bar Association and the young lady in the bank was telling me all about how she intended to do a bar course, another time someone asked me what I did got a quid and when I told them asked me all sorts of questions about making coffee).

OK Sorry........so you make coffee....you are a "Barrista" not a solicitor:D:D:D

Thank you.

(When I was doing my course I had to get a bank cheque to the Bar Association and the young lady in the bank was telling me all about how she intended to do a bar course, another time someone asked me what I did got a quid and when I told them asked me all sorts of questions about making coffee).

LOL, I love it, Black with no sugar of course.:D

P.S, didn't think GUT drank coffee, just diet coke.:confused: