Cocktails

English Tim

My wife and I both enjoy cocktails and as they are included with Regent, we thought we'd try some new ones, not worrying if we don't like them, but moving on to another.

We've tried Martini's so has anyone any suggestions?

Does anyone have a list of what's currently available or please can someone point me to where I might find a list?

My DW and I like a good Mojito, Its a rum drink made with crushed mint and lime, simple syrup rum and soda. a very refreshing drink. :cool::D I also remember that TC2 placed a list of coffee and other drinks etc. here's the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1620524&highlight=coffee+list its on page 3.

Jim:):)

My DW and I like a good Mojito, Its a rum drink made with crushed mint and lime, simple syrup rum and soda. a very refreshing drink. :cool::D I also remember that TC2 placed a list of coffee and other drinks etc. here's the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1620524&highlight=coffee+list its on page 3.

Thank you

a few thoughts.

DaveFr posted the bar menu at

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569179098gbrlYp?start=72

it is from 2008 but is reportedly not changed.

consider a Negroni - gin, vermouth, campari on ice with an orange peel garnish.

for more perusing fun -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cocktails

the bartenders aim to please.

A chocolate martini after dinner is a lovely dessert. I've convinced myself that they have less calories than chocolate cake;)

I just read your bar list from your report of a few months ago and what a treat it was, thank you.

I shall try as many as possible!:)

Purple is my favorite color. And since MN is a place that really rocks with Prince, let me recommend another drink. It's called a "Purple Rain" and on one of our cruises someone else ordered one after I did and they were surprised how good it was!! Here's the recipe:

1/2 shot grenadine

1/2 shot peach schnapps

1/2 shot white rum

1 1/2 oz. lemonade

1 1/2 oz sweet & sour mix

1/2 shot Blue Curacao

Fill a collins glass 3/4 full with ice. Add grenadine and peach schapps and white rum into glass. Then fill with sweet and sour and lemonade. Drizzle around the edge of the glass with Blue curacao.

• 2 weeks later...

You want a pre-dinner drink, I second Negroni. After dinner, I'd suggest a Stinger. Keep it classic...try a Manhattan, Sidecar, Old fashioned or Rusty Nail. Prohibition drinks are what's hot now...not so much the Cosmopolitan (that went out midway through Sex and the City) Keep it classy, Cruise Critic.(Doubt anyone here will get that movie reference)

You want a pre-dinner drink, I second Negroni. After dinner, I'd suggest a Stinger. Keep it classic...try a Manhattan, Sidecar, Old fashioned or Rusty Nail. Prohibition drinks are what's hot now...not so much the Cosmopolitan (that went out midway through Sex and the City) Keep it classy, Cruise Critic.(Doubt anyone here will get that movie reference)

The legend of Ron Burgundy lives!

Purple is my favorite color. And since MN is a place that really rocks with Prince, let me recommend another drink. It's called a "Purple Rain" and on one of our cruises someone else ordered one after I did and they were surprised how good it was!! Here's the recipe:

1/2 shot grenadine

1/2 shot peach schnapps

1/2 shot white rum

1 1/2 oz. lemonade

1 1/2 oz sweet & sour mix

1/2 shot Blue Curacao

Fill a collins glass 3/4 full with ice. Add grenadine and peach schapps and white rum into glass. Then fill with sweet and sour and lemonade. Drizzle around the edge of the glass with Blue curacao.

I'm obsessed with purple--thnx for this!

I remember on one cruise a passenger was going through the bar menu one drink at a time!!!!

I did that with the cocktails at the pool bar and discovered some others. Bailey's banana colada, was one and Mexican Bulldog was another. It was just as well the sea was smooth, when getting off the bar stool!

Welcome back hope you had a great cruise and left some alcohol for the rest of us

We left a little.

Hi, English Tim,

Sorry I did not get to meet you onboard. I heard that Bev and Arnie met you and they said you were delightful. Great cruise, wasn't it? Patti

Perhaps we did meet. I spent most of the time at the pool bar or in the hot tubs. How kind of Bev & Arnie.

Yes, it was a fantastic cruise and I'm currently compiling a trip report.

Archived