Hotel in Ft Lauderdale Help

Hello! We will be boarding the Ruby Princess next month leaving from Fort Lauderdale. We would like to spend a few extra days there before hand, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some reccomendations for hotels to try or to avoid. We would like something near the port, but that isn't mandatory. A nice pool would be a plus. Thank-you in advance for the help!

I just booked the Rennaissance, a 4* hotel through Priceline. I bid $110, and got it on the first try. We are booked during spring break, so I bet you could February.

Go to Priceline, request the Downtown area, 4* and try $110...see what happens.

Good Luck! :D

It's the perfect location, right next to the port, walking distance to restaurants and shopping, and the water bus.

I like the Embassy Suites. Full breakfast, 2 hours of drinks each night, pool (not here how much you could use it in February tough since it's outside), hot tub, sauna, close to pier. Can be a bit pricey at times.

We stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Grande in December. It is right by the port. It has a beautiful pool and many rooms have balconies facing the port. We woke up early and watched the different ships coming in. The taxi ride was 3 or 4 minutes to the pier and cost $4.00

Never used priceline before, but I am willing to try to save money. How do you know if the room you get will accomodate 4 people--it doesn't ask you how many people, just how many rooms? I need a room for 2 adults and 2 kids

Never used priceline before, but I am willing to try to save money. How do you know if the room you get will accomodate 4 people--it doesn't ask you how many people, just how many rooms? I need a room for 2 adults and 2 kids

That could be a problem. Priceline only guarantees a room for 2 (1 bed). That doesn't necessarily mean the hotel won't have rooms available with 2 beds when you check in, but you just don't know that now when you are bidding. Some say you should call the hotel when you get the reservation on Priceline and ask them to put 2 beds on the booking, but that doesn't always work. You could just bid on one room and hope for the best. Are you a gambler?

Just booked the Renaissance @ 110 through Priceline. Tried to bid cheaper, but they did'nt take it. We called the hotel after the booking and requested 2 queens, they said no problem. Rate through the hotel was 210.

You will be happy there. I have never had a problem with requests. Maybe, the morning of your check in...call them and ask again very nicely, if you can have two beds. I've actually had them pre-reserve a specific room for me, the morning of my check-in.

You could also try the Plantation, Florida area. It is about a 15 minute drive west on 595 and there is tons of shopping and restaurants around. We like the Hampton Inn Plantation and I have heard some good reviews on the Sheraton Suites Plantation.

On Hotwire (you can specify 4 people on those reservations) there is a 3.5* hotel in Plantation that has been running for about $66 + taxes. betterbidding.com has reviews from people who won those deals and they all received Sheraton Suites. I gave my friend this information and sure enough, she did get the Sheraton Suites for the end of February and her final cost was $82!

We got 3.5 star Sheraton hotel near port for 66.00 a night on a Sat night. Reg rate was around 180.00 My cousin stayed there before and said it was quite nice. This was for 01/24

Do you plan on using a taxi to get to and from the Sheraton? If so, do you have any idea what the fare is?

I am thinking of staying at this same location, but wasn't sure about cab fare.

Do not use priceline unless you are planning on getting two rooms. Twice I've seen people try and get two beds on priceline rooms and both times they were turned down.

Hotwire has the four people in a room option.

That said, I would stay at The Pelican, The Lago Mar, or The Atlantic.

Do not use priceline unless you are planning on getting two rooms. Twice I've seen people try and get two beds on priceline rooms and both times they were turned down.

Hotwire has the four people in a room option.

That said, I would stay at The Pelican, The Lago Mar, or The Atlantic.

Thank you for the tip. I have never tried to put 4 people in a room (not at their knowing, anyway :D). Do you know if you do how they might find out? Moreover do they kick you out?

Thank you for the tip. I have never tried to put 4 people in a room (not at their knowing, anyway :D). Do you know if you do how they might find out? Moreover do they kick you out?

Chances are they won't find out if you simply send one person to check-in.

The problem is if you bid on Priceline, they do not guarantee room type (though you can certainly make a request). They may only be able to offer you a room with a king size bed if that's all they have left - which for four people is inadequate. That is the risk you take by bidding on only one room with Priceline. You might luck out and be able to get a room with two beds when you check-in.

To guarantee beds for 4 people, book directly with the hotel or bid for two rooms at Priceline.

Archived