What is it like swimming on marina days?

Naveron

You can only swim in an enclosed area which is quite small so it's more like taking a dip than swimming. However, they have lots of other water sports like banana boats, paddle boats etc which can be lots of fun. There will usually only be one marina day per cruise on a sea day depending on location and weather.

Yes, not like it used to be when you donned your life jacket and jumped off the marina platform. We learned the hard way swimming while wearing a life jacket is pretty difficult.

And do remember that marina days are only tentatively scheduled. On our recent BTB Adriatic cruise the marina day on the first leg was canned due to choppy seas and on the second leg due to a recalcitrant tender boat mechanism (in fact in a few ports they had to supplement the one functioning tender boat with local craft). So don't get your heart too set on it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Chairsin,

We have had similar experiences...mostly of cancellations. This is not a problem for us but often, a disappointment to others. This is becoming a problem when features are so highlighted in advertising and then don't happen on a fairly regular basis. Paula

We have been lucky so far on our five past Seabourn cruises and always had a marina day. The swimming cage is boring as it is very small but the other activities like kayaking, banana boats, huge ring pulled by a speedboat etc are good fun. One one occasion they put all the big toys away and then allowed us to swim around the ship. Hope you get lucky!

You can only swim in an enclosed area which is quite small so it's more like taking a dip than swimming. However, they have lots of other water sports like banana boats, paddle boats etc which can be lots of fun. There will usually only be one marina day per cruise on a sea day depending on location and weather.

And even if you 'fall off' the banana boat with a life jacket and helmet they won't let you swim back to the ship:mad:

I don't swim on Marina Days but I love to kayak! I hope you get a chance to do so too!

Happy sailing!

I had a terrific time kayaking in Bora Bora. However on the second segment of the World Cruise, there was no marina day. It was probably cancelled, but there was no announcement, a mystery? Hope you get lucky!

Thank you for that info. Regarding the size of the swimming hole, given that the Legend's swimming pool is pokey....I thought it might be an alternative to the pool. It looks like fun at any rate.