Diamond Princess 2015

gazzas127

We were on Diamond for 25 days last October doing ports in Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong in an ordinary inside cabin and, apart from some public restrooms which had the ultra modern Japanese style toilets, the baths (which we didn't visit....not our thing), some Japanese food options in the dining venues and a kettle in our cabin (Yipee....we're British and love boiling water to make proper tea) I didn't notice any other differences. We had a wonderful time and would sail Diamond and Japan again.

I loved the Japanese Bath area and the bidets. It would be the perfect ship if they also had an International Cafe.

Best to elaborate on the baths a bit. You must be nude to use the baths and they are communal - not private. If you are uncomfortable with public nudity (your own and others) then the baths are not for you. They are separated into men's and women's baths and I believe they alternate which is which as the two baths are not the same. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's unfortunate that they didn't add an IC when they added the other features but perhaps they thought the IC wouldn't be as important to the target demographic.

Disclaimer: I have not sailed on Diamond Princess. :)

We will sail the Diamond next spring from a Australia through Asia to Japan. I am looking forward to the trip although I will really miss that there is no IC. Loved the variety of choices available throughout the day without having to go through this buffet lines. They serve the perfect small portions at the IC.

Just off the Diamond Princess didn't really notice too much difference. There is a Sushi restaurant which I had lunch at. Wasn't very popular, but suspect the cruises to Japan when the Japanese board will be very busy. The bidet in the public toilets and I believe there is one in the Suite cabins too.

They do introduce Japanese dishes on the main menus which is nice to see. I tried out a few of them.

I didn't really miss the IC. The cakes and pastries is in a separate area from the rest of the buffet so its not that crowded.

Best to elaborate on the baths a bit. You must be nude to use the baths and they are communal - not private. If you are uncomfortable with public nudity (your own and others) then the baths are not for you. They are separated into men's and women's baths and I believe they alternate which is which as the two baths are not the same. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's unfortunate that they didn't add an IC when they added the other features but perhaps they thought the IC wouldn't be as important to the target demographic.

Disclaimer: I have not sailed on Diamond Princess. :)

You ask to be corrected if you are wrong. :):) There are some sessions in the bath for nude bathing, but most times require a bathing suit to be worn. We didn't go but heard from several people that the baths were great. I think the cost was $20 per session.

You ask to be corrected if you are wrong. :):) There are some sessions in the bath for nude bathing, but most times require a bathing suit to be worn. We didn't go but heard from several people that the baths were great. I think the cost was $20 per session.

While the ship sailed in Australian waters, this was the case, however in Japan there was only the nude option in the baths. I know this because we were on the Diamond in October in Japan season, and then again in Dec, when it was in Australia.

Tanya

While the ship sailed in Australian waters, this was the case, however in Japan there was only the nude option in the baths. I know this because we were on the Diamond in October in Japan season, and then again in Dec, when it was in Australia.

Tanya

Thanks for pointing that out. :)

They also have the bidets in the mini suites. And I loved the Japanese baths , because of the nude option I only had to share with one or two others :) this was last Nov - Singapore to Sydney.

Would like to know if they alternate nude bathing and next day non nude? I thought that was how it was going to be in Australian waters. And then back to nude for Asia.

Thanks

They also have the bidets in the mini suites. And I loved the Japanese baths , because of the nude option I only had to share with one or two others :) this was last Nov - Singapore to Sydney.

Would like to know if they alternate nude bathing and next day non nude? I thought that was how it was going to be in Australian waters. And then back to nude for Asia.

Thanks

While in Australia, it was swimsuits till 6pm, then 6-10pm was nude

Tanya