Royal Princess and coffee card

silvercruiser

Is there any other place besides the IC on the Royal where the coffee card can be used? I seem to remember a mention of someplace up near Horizon Cafe that offered specialty coffee and brewed.

There were lattes etc available inside the horizon court at one of the stations (sorry, hard to describe where). You can also use the coffee card for gelato.

Is there any other place besides the IC on the Royal where the coffee card can be used? I seem to remember a mention of someplace up near Horizon Cafe that offered specialty coffee and brewed.

There is also a coffee bar near the Princess Live venue.

Besides the previously mentioned International Cafe and the Princess Live! Cafe, in the Pastry Shop there is also a station for specialty coffees. And if you have a sweet tooth, don't forget that your Cafe Selects card can be used at Gelato for scoops, waffle cones, splits, sundaes, and alcoholic sundaes.

:D

... And if you have a sweet tooth, don't forget that your Cafe Selects card can be used at Gelato for scoops, waffle cones, splits, sundaes, and alcoholic sundaes.

We just got off of the Royal a little over a week ago and still have several punches left over on our card. I wish that I had known the above information. I wish that we had been informed of it when we bought the card!

We just got off of the Royal a little over a week ago and still have several punches left over on our card. I wish that I had known the above information. I wish that we had been informed of it when we bought the card!

I only knew because of Cruise Critic, and those that sailed Royal Princess before me.

No worries, your Cafe Selects card is good 'forever', except for the fresh brewed option. Use it on your next Princess cruise.

• 3 months later...
The punches can be used in the dining rooms to get specialty coffees. The card cannot be used in the dining rooms for fresh brewed coffee.

That's true unless you have a real good Assistant Waiter on the Royal who runs out with an empty coffee pot and comes back with a pot of fresh brewed coffee! Not too difficult as the Cafe was right outside the dining room.

That's true unless you have a real good Assistant Waiter on the Royal who runs out with an empty coffee pot and comes back with a pot of fresh brewed coffee! Not too difficult as the Cafe was right outside the dining room.

Guess you must be lucky cause I have never seen them bring brewed into the MDR:D:D

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me if sharing a coffee card is 'bad form'? We're a couple and 15 punches on a 7 day cruise would be more than sufficient. Can you order 2 mugs of fresh brew coffee showing one card without being frowned upon?

Can anyone tell me if sharing a coffee card is 'bad form'? We're a couple and 15 punches on a 7 day cruise would be more than sufficient. Can you order 2 mugs of fresh brew coffee showing one card without being frowned upon?

It is ok to share the coffee card using the punches but only one person can use the card for complimentary drinks for the duration of the cruise . (You may get away with it if you go separately )

• 5 months later...

On our Royal cruise I did not use my coffee card as much as on other ships. The Royal has fresh brewed coffee in the dining rooms and the Horizon court too! It was great! I only used punches for an occasional latte and we did go by Scoops one night and indulged in their heavenly sundaes!

It matters because some ships the statement is true, others it is not. Sometimes you can use the card, on other ships you may not. Why would that not matter?
d

It also varies from individual barista to barista. Some look at the flip side of the card to check when you purchased the card, others don't. Policies are what any given employee determines.

On our Royal cruise I did not use my coffee card as much as on other ships. The Royal has fresh brewed coffee in the dining rooms and the Horizon court too! It was great! I only used punches for an occasional latte and we did go by Scoops one night and indulged in their heavenly sundaes!

What else can you use your coffee card for other than coffee? Thanks

I have a coffee card with punches left on it, but it has been marked with my last cruise. Can I still use it on my next cruise? Thanks

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the ship. (Personal experience. Some posters have said they did, I was not able to do so.)

Edited by UpcountryTravelers

I have a coffee card with punches left on it, but it has been marked with my last cruise. Can I still use it on my next cruise? Thanks

You can use the punches on your next cruise.

You are not supposed to be able to use it for brewed coffee - however some folks have reported here that they've been able to.