Allure pre dry dock or Oasis post dry dock

Looking to book a cruise early next year (Jan or Feb) and have narrowed down to Oasis and Allure. I have seen so many confusing facts. What I know is:

Oasis will no longer have VCL and the secret balconies.

Oasis will have a different show. Cats? Allure will still have Chicago.

Neither will have Dynamic Dining by then. But Oasis will have new names outside the MDR.

We are not Diamonds and will book a simple balcony so lounges don't matter to us.

Am I missing anything important? Any other differences between the two?

PS we have never been on Oasis or Allure. So a question for those who have, is it worth to give Allure a go before the changes?

Thank you! :)

Looking to book a cruise early next year (Jan or Feb) and have narrowed down to Oasis and Allure. I have seen so many confusing facts. What I know is:

Oasis will no longer have VCL and the secret balconies.

Oasis will have a different show. Cats? Allure will still have Chicago.

Neither will have Dynamic Dining by then. But Oasis will have new names outside the MDR.

We are not Diamonds and will book a simple balcony so lounges don't matter to us.

Am I missing anything important? Any other differences between the two?

PS we have never been on Oasis or Allure. So a question for those who have, is it worth to give Allure a go before the changes?

Thank you! :)

I don't think you're missing anything.

I've also never sailed on an Oasis class ship and I am considering a cruise on Allure for next March/April. I have completely eliminated the option of Oasis because I want to see the original ship that so many love, plus I prefer traditional dining.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

We sailed on the Allure early last year for our first ever cruise and loved it. I would suggest that if you can wait a couple more weeks until some more reviews of the Oasis have been put up. There are currently a couple of live ones going on for the TA. One thing that I have heard is that Cats is going to be around 2.5 hours with an intermission. For me that seems a bit long as there is already so much to do on the ship with so little time.

We also enjoyed Samba (Brazillian Steakhouse) which is only on the Allure, and the reason we picked that one again for next year. We will be going after the dry dock tho, and I am a little upset that I will never see those "secret" balconies. But we do have our own double ocean view as we are int he stateroom attached to my mom as well.

I think you cant really go wrong with either of them. Whichever you choose you are going to have a great time.

Even with the changes there really isn't much of a difference between the ships (unless you are in one of the new suites). Decide on the week that you want to go and then select the ship depending if you want to go to the Eastern or Western itinerary.

Edited by dz9yvr

I am struggling with the same problem. We have Allure booed for next March (Eastern Car) but now are thinking if switching to Oasis (Western Car). I do like the idea of being on a "freshened up" ship and by then all of the kinks should be worked out.

Keep the opinions coming!!!

There is another thread saying no more traditional dining after 1/1/2015.

Don't how that's going to affect Allure. Oasis will have DD.

Oasis DD does not go into effect until March 2015.

Edited by dacsmom

There is another thread saying no more traditional dining after 1/1/2015.

Don't how that's going to affect Allure. Oasis will have DD.

Oasis DD does not go into effect until March 2015.

Published as the cruise starting March 14th.

I generally believe the confusion around the 1/1/2015 date is that is the day whey guests are supposed to be able to book DD venues on both ships.

The Secert Balconies were kind of cool but they arent going to make it or break it for me

My sentiments also. I liked them at sail-away, and had visited with some regularity, but I am also sure I can find some other area that will provide the same or similar experience.