Carnival developing new port?

kybluecruiser

This is from Stewart Chiron aka cruise guy on twitter. He is very reputable when it comes to cruise news.

@CruiseGuy: Pirates beware! @CarnivalCruise allegedly signed deal w/ Haiti 2 develop $70m private beach area on famed #Tortuga island.

More accurately Carnival Corporation has signed this deal. That means the destination will be available for potential visits from all Carnival Corp brands like Carnival Cruiselines, Holland America, Princess, Cunard , Seabourn etc...

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/carnival-corp-to-develop-haiti-island.html

Carnival Corp. has built numerous cruise facilities in the Caribbean, including Mahogany Bay in Honduras, Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas, Grand Turk in Turks & Caicos and Puerta Maya in Cozumel. Amber Cove, a new $65 million Carnival port in Puerto Plata on the north coast of the Dominican Republic, is scheduled to open in 2015.

Sounds like a good location. Good move.

More accurately Carnival Corporation has signed this deal. That means the destination will be available for potential visits from all Carnival Corp brands like Carnival Cruiselines, Holland America, Princess, Cunard , Seabourn etc...

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/carnival-corp-to-develop-haiti-island.html

Carnival Corp. has built numerous cruise facilities in the Caribbean, including Mahogany Bay in Honduras, Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas, Grand Turk in Turks & Caicos and Puerta Maya in Cozumel. Amber Cove, a new $65 million Carnival port in Puerto Plata on the north coast of the Dominican Republic, is scheduled to open in 2015.

Sounds like a good location. Good move.

CCL needs another port of call, maybe Carnival will drop P.R. and call on other Islands near the Dominican Republic. CCL has to expand their ports of call.

Gary

I agree with everyone. I would rather spend another day at sea then spend one in Freeport. Carnival needs to find better ports even if they have to make more by on their own. If they built another like grand turk everyone would be happy. HAPPY SAILING!!

I agree with everyone. I would rather spend another day at sea then spend one in Freeport. Carnival needs to find better ports even if they have to make more by on their own. If they built another like grand turk everyone would be happy. HAPPY SAILING!!

I've been to Freeport, glad I saw Jamaica once, but I have no intention on going back. The rum cream was worth discovering!

As someone who is interested in culture and scenic, I'm more interested in seeing new islands than new beach resorts. These are wise decisions don't get me wrong, including NCLs' island in belize, but I want to see the Dominican Republic, St. Barts, St. Vincent, Guadeloupe, Tobago, and more. I wouldn't mind if they eventually redirected some of their fantasy class ships for longer more exotic ports, needing less people to feel them and easier to dock.

I've been to Freeport, glad I saw Jamaica once, but I have no intention on going back. The rum cream was worth discovering!

As someone who is interested in culture and scenic, I'm more interested in seeing new islands than new beach resorts. These are wise decisions don't get me wrong, including NCLs' island in belize, but I want to see the Dominican Republic, St. Barts, St. Vincent, Guadeloupe, Tobago, and more. I wouldn't mind if they eventually redirected some of their fantasy class ships for longer more exotic ports, needing less people to feel them and easier to dock.

I agree with this statement completely, if the trip is port intensive, a Fantasy class will do perfect because you won't spend too much time onboard anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Tortuga!!! Sweet. I'm sure it will be better than RCI Labadee. We stopped there and didn't care for it at all.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

Like labadee the two times we have been there. Coca Cay is being used by CCL as private island.

Some of you may remember that around 2000 the Holiday out of New Orleans did a 10 day in the Caribbean. We did Guadeloupe, Antigua, Belize, Cozumel, Ocho Rios and I don't remember what else. None of these places were very developed then. No neat Disney villages...just the undeveloped areas. I agree that the Fantasy class would be perfect for these longer undeveloped areas. This trip got us hooked on cruising and we are always looking for new ports to visit.

Like labadee the two times we have been there. Coca Cay is being used by CCL as private island.

We have been to Labadee a couple times, as well, Nice area they did a good job

Look forward to whatever new port CCL builds

CCL needs another port of call, maybe Carnival will drop P.R.

Drop one of the most diverse, culturally rich, and attraction-filled destinations in the Caribbean in favor of yet another man made, cookie cutter destination whose main allure is Señor Frog's?? :confused:

I can think of ports that I don't ever want to visit again, but San Juan is, without a doubt, one of the most amazing and unique ports in the Caribbean. The only problem that I see with San Juan is too little time to truly enjoy it.

I want to see...St. Bart's.

I wouldn't mind if they eventually redirected some of their fantasy class ships.

This may be a bit of a harsh reality for some of us, average joe cruisers, to accept, but I don't think that we will EVER see a Carnival ship pull into St. Barth's.

If you think that the wealthy conservationists of Charleston have created an uproar over Carnival, you have no idea what the upper crust, creme-de la-creme residents and visitors that frequent St. Barth's would do if they ever saw a Carnival ship with over 2,000 passengers pull up to this island. We are exactly what they are trying to avoid. :(

Edited by Tapi