Ocean View Room for Panama Canal on Infinity

lovedogs

Hi everyone, we are seriously thinking of booking an ocean view room for April 16th.We'd start in San Diego and end in Miami. I know the 123 perks aren't as great, but it is 1/2 the price of a balcony and we'd still get 1 perk. I'm thinking, we'd mostly be at the pool area during the sea days anyway. Has anyone had an ocean view room on the infinity, and if so, can you recommend a room number/location. Do you know if the lower floor ocean view windows are larger like they are on Carnival? Thanks.

Lindsay

Hi LOVEDOGS,

Check out the M-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of this Forum

You might like the Cabins on Deck 3 (Aft) that were previously part of the Conference Centre as they have oversized windows (check the STICKY for particulars). For the most part all other Celebrity OVs have normal windows

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi LOVEDOGS,

Check out the M-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of this Forum

You might like the Cabins on Deck 3 (Aft) that were previously part of the Conference Centre as they have oversized windows (check the STICKY for particulars). For the most part all other Celebrity OVs have normal windows

Cheers!

Thanks so much John, very helpful!:)

Lindsay

My wife and I did Panama in a Ocean View. I second the recommendation of Deck 3 Aft. Newer room and a bigger window. We liked it so much that we book nearly the same room on the summit this year.

Pictures of our trip including the room

We're doing the Canal in Sept. In an ocean view in a cabin we've been in before- 7000 way forward. There are several OV cabins there that have very large windows as well as the room itself being extra large. You just walk more to get there and sometimes feel the motion of the ship a little more. But we love them. Check them out on the sticky and the deck plans!

Hi everyone, we are seriously thinking of booking an ocean view room for April 16th.We'd start in San Diego and end in Miami. I know the 123 perks aren't as great, but it is 1/2 the price of a balcony and we'd still get 1 perk. I'm thinking, we'd mostly be at the pool area during the sea days anyway. Has anyone had an ocean view room on the infinity, and if so, can you recommend a room number/location. Do you know if the lower floor ocean view windows are larger like they are on Carnival? Thanks.
The largest ocean view cabins are up at the front of the ship.

They are much larger than the regular OV cabins. Some are the size of a suite at an OV price.

Lois R, one of the regulars here, was very pleased with 7003.

Here is a link to a message she posted about it

Best M-Class Oceanview Staterooms

That forward view would be great to have for a Panama Canal cruise as well as all that extra space in the cabin. But I would also highly recommend moving around the ship to get the views from different angles and heights as you cruise through the different sections of the canal, regardless of where your cabin is located.

If Lois sees this, maybe she will post here to provide more detail about the cabin and answer any further questions you may have.

Edited by fleckle

Lindsay

Just be aware, if you have low deck windows, when you pass through the locks, you will be looking straight at concrete. You won't be able to see anything else. So if it is important to see how the locks operate, you will have to go to the top decks, so you can see the whole process in panorama. I learned that lesson the first time we went to Panama and had a Deck Two or Three window cabin.

We did the canal in an OV on Infinity, 2060. We had booked an inside, but upgraded when prices fell. Make sure you book a cabin for two or three, not a cabin for four. Cabins for two/three will have beds on the side walls, giving you access to the window:

P1040262_zpsfb66efab.jpg

Cabins for four have bunks in the ceiling, and the head of the beds is under the window:

P1040414_zps909be72c.jpg

It is an interesting experience, being in your cabin when the ship is loweres into the lock. but even if you had a balcony, you would want to be out on the deck so you can move around to see everything.

Incidentally, your itinerary ends in Fort Lauderdale, not Miami. EM

I sailed on the Infinity through the canal in 2013. Prices were extremely high when I wanted to do the Canal trip. I watched them closely. I got an email 2 months before the trip with an extremely low price for an gty oceanview. It was less than half the price of the lowest veranda cabin. I booked it. I did not miss the veranda. I was assigned a cabin on deck 2. Loved deck 2. I could see markings on the lock walls that were not visible to people staying on higher decks. Deck 2 is very quiet. Going through the canal takes hours. During the day, I walked around the ship. The canal trip is fascinating. Never missed the veranda. Panama is hot and humid. Staying indoors in ac comfort is good. Also, be sure to view the canal from above. The buffet area has see through panels on the floor. Have fun. Bring binoculars and/or a long telephoto lens to look at the new canal.

Make sure you book a cabin for two or three, not a cabin for four. Cabins for two/three will have beds on the side walls, giving you access to the window:

Cabins for four have bunks in the ceiling, and the head of the beds is under the window:

This is a great, and simple tip to remember. Thanks for this! When in an inside or OV I prefer the set up of bed agains the window, and never really knew best way to know how to figure out the bed placement.

We had 3112 on the Constellation in the Baltics earlier this year. We usually book a veranda cabin. This was our first ocean view. I decided to book the ocean view because the cabins were new (about a year old at the time) and I wanted to check out the retrofit. 3112 is the most forward cabin in the new sequence, and the door opens perpendicular to the others along the corridor. This gives you several additional square feet of cabin space, which isn't really useful due to the configuration of the cabin, but it's nice to have a slightly larger cabin. The corridor is off the beaten track, so there's very little foot traffic, which is nice. Loved the spiffy new cabins--the window is huge, the lighting is great, however the shower curtain, unfortunately, is cloth not glass.

Bon voyage

Betsy

the shower curtain, unfortunately, is cloth not glass.

This is an M class thing. While S class all cabins have glass doors, on M class, only Aqua and better do. Actually the Sky and Celebrity suites have curtains also, due to the tub.

Edited by cle-guy

The cloth shower curtain is of little consequence to us. We've learned to deal with it by sliding a bit of the side of it behind the door handle which keeps the thing from clinging to the ankles of the person in the shower. :p

I mentioned it because so many people who post here seem to get "wrapped around the axle" (a fave expression of DH) about cloth vs. glass in the shower.

The cloth curtain in 3112 appeared brand new.

Betsy

Two tips about the shower curtain that have been posted here before and seem to make a difference

- First run hot water in the shower for a minute with the curtain partially open and the bathroom door closed to let the temperature/humidity equalize somewhat between the inside and outside of the shower stall

- Get in the shower, close the curtain, remove the shower head from its holder and wet down the inside of the curtain

When I do this, there is no problem with the shower curtain clinging.

Before I learned to do this, I used to bring along clips to weigh down the shower curtain, but now they are no longer needed.

Another thing that I believe makes a difference is that when we first started cruising with Celebrity, they had very flimsy, thin cloth shower curtains. The ones they use now appear to be a different, somewhat heavier type of material.

I may be the only one who actually prefers the shower stalls with the curtains because they are larger than the ones with the glass doors.