Round the world query

Can anyone recommend any website where you can do a full comparison of round the worlds - including at sea days, port stops, over night stops, and preferably solo pricing.

Been googling all day and not finding any site that really consolidates them all to do a decent comparison. Dont want to have to resort to creating an intensive spreadsheet!!

Thanks in advance.

I don't think you will find a site that has the information you want in the format you want. It would change regularly so I don't think anyone would spend the time to produce a formatted version of the information unless they were particularly interested. You are .......

I think there are a lot of factors to consider - embarkation port (do you have to fly international?) cruiseline (do you have a preference?), and of course price. This is in addition to the factors you mentioned.

I've searched but never found one.

Darn - thats probably why I cant find one !!

Aus Traveller - comparison sites exist for just about every other kind of travel format - even normal short cruises. Thats why its a pain not being able to find one specifically for round the world cruises. But I thought I with check with the regulars here because sometimes a google search comes down to the type of terminology being used for the search parametres.

Cruise line preference is not relevant when starting at the comparison stage because you are comparing itineraries before the ships themselves.

Embark and disembark points would be listed as in all other comparison sites. The two common points being Panama and Suez Canals would be the logical centralised columns.

Its actually quite a simple site to visualise compared to the many thousands of ones that exist for coach tours etc. Far less world cruises each year than euro coach tour companies.

Pricing would be located on the actual sites of each cruiseline as normal.

Oh well - I guess time to start a spreadsheet ! Darn ! LOL ! :p

It is something that is hard to compare as unlike the "milk run" , (cruises that operate the same itinerary all season) , a World Cruise usually happens only once a year..... Every year the lines try to vary the itineraries to give passengers a choice of different ports. There are many cruisers who do the WC every year , just to escape the Northern winter .

I recall one year , HAL programmed the WC to circumnavigate South America and the regulars would not book , as they did not want to be dragged around SA again.:eek:

Best round the world itineraries by far - Around the World in 180 days with Oceania Cruise Lines. Uses an ideal sized R class ship usually INSIGNIA departing Miami around January each year on a global circumnavigation . The itineraries vary slightly year to year with different ports of call . 2017 and 2018 Itineraries are up now on Oceania website . The R class ships in Insignia, Regatta, Sirena and Nautica being used can get into many ports that other lines using larger vessels cannot, also R class boats can get to berth at many ports where larger boats required one to tender .

Best round the world itineraries by far - Around the World in 180 days with Oceania Cruise Lines. Uses an ideal sized R class ship usually INSIGNIA departing Miami around January each year on a global circumnavigation . The itineraries vary slightly year to year with different ports of call . 2017 and 2018 Itineraries are up now on Oceania website . The R class ships in Insignia, Regatta, Sirena and Nautica being used can get into many ports that other lines using larger vessels cannot, also R class boats can get to berth at many ports where larger boats required one to tender .

My R class have always been Princess, but 100% agree about a great size. I'd love to do a world cruise on one.

Thanks - will have a squizzy at them !!

I can't help you with a comparison but I'm looking at the 2018 HAL world cruise which includes 10 overnight stays and goes via Panama Canal and South Africa. I would probably join in Sydney as I have covered the Trans Paciific segment several times- and am also looking at single pricing.

One of the 2016 passengers is doing the most comprehensive cruise blog I have ever followed, including links to all the daily programs and menus, special occasions, etc. Check out the world cruise breakfast room service menu, including waffles and eggs benedict, even for those travelling in an inside cabin.

Even though HAL's site has not yet released the 2018 world cruise itinerary yet, passengers on this year's WC have been given a copy so they can book it on board and this is included in one of the links.

Pete's blog can be found at http://www.theinsidecabin.com and shows how HAL's world cruises are in a different league to their normal cruise.

I can't help you with a comparison but I'm looking at the 2018 HAL world cruise which includes 10 overnight stays and goes via Panama Canal and South Africa. I would probably join in Sydney as I have covered the Trans Paciific segment several times- and am also looking at single pricing.

One of the 2016 passengers is doing the most comprehensive cruise blog I have ever followed, including links to all the daily programs and menus, special occasions, etc. Check out the world cruise breakfast room service menu, including waffles and eggs benedict, even for those travelling in an inside cabin.

Even though HAL's site has not yet released the 2018 world cruise itinerary yet, passengers on this year's WC have been given a copy so they can book it on board and this is included in one of the links.

Pete's blog can be found at http://www.theinsidecabin.com and shows how HAL's world cruises are in a different league to their normal cruise.

That sounds really great.....the overnight stops are a great bonus. HAL World Cruises are usually a bit more expensive , but are well worth it.

Can anyone recommend any website where you can do a full comparison of round the worlds - including at sea days, port stops, over night stops, and preferably solo pricing.

Been googling all day and not finding any site that really consolidates them all to do a decent comparison. Dont want to have to resort to creating an intensive spreadsheet!!

Thanks in advance.

Check out P&O UK worldies, they have some good deals on Arcadia/Aurora their World Cruise ships. We did Sydney - Southampton - 49 days in March/April 2012, for AU$5200 twin share in part obstructed view cabin. Nothing wrong with P&O UK - Princess standard in my opinion. The poms are ok to cruise with by gum chum. Kippers for brekkie, no worries.

Above all enjoy !!

Edited by NSWP

LOL I want to do the opposite - chase winter in both hemispheres :)

HAL Around the World Cruise 2017 spends longer in the northern hemisphere than most around the world cruises, which cruise in the southern hemisphere, to escape the northern winter.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?destCode=W&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&pageNumber=0&voyageCode=A710&directionCode=W&tabName=ItineraryDetails&fromSearchVacation=true

I found a list of current Worldies blogs on a thread here so am busy following their updates.

They are all Americans and holy cow they need packing lessons - they all average 4 full sized suitcases ! Laundries and laundry services exist for a reason ! LOL.

I do like that many are including quite a good list of overnight stops. Nice to be able to dine in a different city instead of on board - and explore night sights.

Thanks for the link to Petes blog - will start reading that one now!!

Do you have a link for the itinerary for the HAL 2018 world cruise?

Thanks in advance.

Off topic - have you finally exhausted your Antarctica cruises?

Wish I could design my own ! From Panama I would go down the Chilean coast - maybe a Galapagos stop, then across to Easter Island and Pitcairn Island, bump from the bottom of NZ up to the top, scoot around the edge of Aus to PNG then Lombok and Sarawak......... then I will think of the rest !

I need my own ship and captain at my disposal and I cant afford a suite on The World ! :eek: