Can FLL airport taxis fit 5 + luggage?

Host Jacquelyn

We are a family of 5, and typically reserve taxis when we travel for long distances. We will be flying into FLL and will need a quick cab to the Embassy Suites, then the next day to the pier. Do they have cabs that can accommodate 5 plus luggage at the airport (or can they call one) or should I reserve one ahead of time? Do they even allow reservations for such short distances?

At the airport at FLL there is a line that forms for the cab outside the luggage pick-up area.

There is an attendent there that keeps cabbies and passengers moving into the right spot and in an orderly fashion. When you get to the first spot he asks how many in your group.

When a family of 4-5 comes along they may have to wait and let the taxi "cars" go by (giving them to parties of 2-3 behind you) and then when an SUV comes up in order they give it to you.

Your wait when your first in line should be no more than a few minutes.

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss

Anyone have good or bad experiences with calling and requesting a van / suv cab to take you to the port?

We are a family of five also. Maybe two cabs?

Staying at the Hyatt House, I have no intrest in paying $10 per person for a shuttle that goes to every ship and only leaves at certain times.

I like to go on Craigslist the night before and hire someone with a van under the "gigs" section. Just be sure to specify one with seats. Last time I got a guy with a cargo van. My family of 6 made the best of it sitting on the floor. Couldn't really complain for $30

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like to go on Craigslist the night before and hire someone with a van under the "gigs" section. Just be sure to specify one with seats. Last time I got a guy with a cargo van. My family of 6 made the best of it sitting on the floor. Couldn't really complain for $30

Did the van have windows? Or door handles on the inside?

Wow, you are braver than me! I have no problem with a taxi with a sketchy driver, I can deal with that, but some stranger off craiglist is a bit of a stretch for me. Glad it worked for you!

In November I paid 17.00+tip for a taxi from FLL to Extended Stay which is just a block or two further than Embassy Suites, so it should be no more than that. There seemed to be lots of mini van type taxis available though that would handle your group.

YIKES.....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

You've got to be kidding.

Anyone have good or bad experiences with calling and requesting a van / suv cab to take you to the port?

We are a family of five also. Maybe two cabs?

Staying at the Hyatt House, I have no intrest in paying $10 per person for a shuttle that goes to every ship and only leaves at certain times.

I've never had a problem; asked for one several times. The front desk can call one for you if they are not out in front of the hotel.