LIVE From the ALLURE, 11 Jan 2015, With Trainman-2, Judith, and LYRIC

Jim taking weight will help you a lot. Way too much bacon everyday, just saying.

Geeze!! Why is it that some people feel they have the right to chastise someone and end with "just saying" like it makes it okay? Those comments are not necessary or welcome. They are just plain rude!

Geeze!! Why is it that some people feel they have the right to chastise someone and end with "just saying" like it makes it okay? Those comments are not necessary or welcome. They are just plain rude!

Just don't reply to comments you don't care for. I thought it was a friendly suggestion to a guy everyone likes and wants to see post for a long time to come.

I agree, not an anonymous posters place to say something so personal.

Amazing what license can be taken anonymously.

A big "Thank You" for yet another fabulous live report. I spent a lot of this weekend reading many of your past reviews, and loving every minute. I just finished up the 28 day B2B Panama Canal report......wow!!! Hurry up and get on another cruise. Your reports have made the wait for our Freedom May 17 cruise not seem that far away! :)

Edited by ciera123

Jim taking weight will help you a lot. Way too much bacon everyday, just saying.

It makes little difference now and I only eat mass quantities of bacon when cruising once or twice a year.

Bacon has become a forbidden word!

http://minutemennews.com/2015/01/oxford-u-press-warns-writing-bacon-offend-muslims-jews/

PS - I am restarting the Adkins's diet in a few days once we stock up on the necessary approved stuff

PPS - Try a Turtle Burger...

turtburg-cooked-bg.jpg

http://www.bacongoddess.com/2011/01/infamous-turtle-burger-bacon-goddess.html

We are home safe and sound with no speeding tickets!

We did see three groups of FL State Troopers running Speed Traps in south Florida on I-95. They had plenty of customers!

I have some questions to answer and more photos to post so I will finish up tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you for cruising along with us!

We are in a Handicapped (Accessible) cabin on deck 6, port side, #6236.

Hi, Trainman, thanks for the live report. I've had fun reading along. We are sailing on Allure next month and have cabin #6240, right next to yours. (I wonder what happened to #6238?) How did you like the location? Was noise from the Schooner Bar an issue?

Chris

Now that we can't smoke on the Balconies, the most likely place to find us will be in the smoking area on the pool deck near the Pool Bar.

Of course, with Lyric along we will also be spending time on the non-smoking side near the Kiddy Pool with her Mom.

We are so looking forward to seeing how Lyric reacts to the Allure. A 6 year old's first cruise will be on the biggest ship in the World!

Trainman you sound like a wonderful person..how blest your Judith & Lyric and her mom are to have you ..now us whom will be following this journey on Allure

we board her for a TA April 19, 2015 FLL to BCN..are blest to have come upon this site

Hope your cruise is the best ...

Thanks Jim, Judith, Ally and Lyric for "taking" us on Ally's first cruise! I bet it's not her last!!!:D It was fun to watch her experience it through your camera's eye!

Booty and and the rest will be happy to see you! Can't wait to see what may have happened to the rest of the chickens when you check your game cam~:(

Bet you forgot the Golden Coral breakfast pictures.....ha ha ha...bacon !!!!! But that's ok my friend, except we do worry about you a bit cause we love you! Take care.

Hope you took a picture of Booty and Judith when you picked her up from the boarding kennel, bet it was priceless.

Thanks again Jim for sharing your cruise with us, and love, love, love Lyric and Ally.

xx dm

It makes little difference now and I only eat mass quantities of bacon when cruising once or twice a year.

PPS - Try a Turtle Burger...

turtburg-cooked-bg.jpg

http://www.bacongoddess.com/2011/01/infamous-turtle-burger-bacon-goddess.html

A turtle burger!! I love this cute idea!! Lyric and I are definitely going to make these this week. What a fun idea!!:D

If you are taking the grandkids without the parents, you will need a certified letter from the parents giving you permission. Not sure if mom/dad will be coming with the kiddos.

Thanks deb, yes, their parents will be going with us. Have to find out if they will need anything else besides the "Government" issued birth cert. Don't want to show up at the pier and be denied boarding... :o

I am not familiar with this..I am so amazed with Trainman and do not want to miss anything he shares..what a wonderful group of people..are we to subscribe and if so how do I go about doing that ??

Over the next day or so I will post up more photos and add comments here and there.

Once this is done I will be posting to my BLOGs here on Cruise Critic.

Follow this link to find them:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=846

Once you are there, look at the right end of the blue bar that runs across the page and you will find a box called "Thread Tools" Click on the arrow and then click on "Subscribe to this Thread"

You will see a grey box that says "Add Subscription" and click on it to subscribe.

From then on, your subscription will appear in your "User CP" on the yellow bar near the top of the page.

An alternative would be to simply book mark the link above.

From time to time I will be posting in the different BLOGs and the BLOG on the top of the list will have the most recent posts in it.

Lots of people on the Allure wore their bathrobes to and from the pool deck, especially on chilly mornings.

I was not personally offended and I did not notice any ladies fainting from shock.

NOTE: Although we are Diamond Plus, we did not have Bathrobes and Bath amenities waiting for us in our cabin! We asked our cabin attendant about it and he told us they now were available only upon request.

We Requested and He Delivered within 30 minutes.

The same applies to ice in the cabins. If you want it ask for it and you will get it.

Edited by Trainman-2

This was the messiest cruise I have ever been on!

My fellow cruisers tossed trash everywhere, left dirty dishes and coffee cups everywhere, and left wet pool towels everywhere too, including in the elevators!

The crew cleaned up as fast as they could but it certainly made a lot of extra work for them.