Redeem credit card points

ricruise

I was hoping someone could help me. I am a bit old fashion and sometimes have difficulty manuvering around the internet.

I have a NCL master card and have earned reward points that I would love to be able to use for my next cruise.

But I have gone on the bank's website and can't find anything there on how to redeem.

Any advice?

I was hoping someone could help me. I am a bit old fashion and sometimes have difficulty manuvering around the internet.

I have a NCL master card and have earned reward points that I would love to be able to use for my next cruise.

But I have gone on the bank's website and can't find anything there on how to redeem.

Any advice?

I don't have this card, but most likely you will have to log into your online banking and find a link that takes you to a "reward store"

Most credit cards are set up like this

If you still can't find it or figure it out, I would call customer service, and they should be able to help you redeem your points :)

Any advice?

You need to sign in to the world points reward page

https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/RWDapp/ns/home?mc=mwprwd&locale=en_US

You can also call (866)954-4077

I have this card too and tried getting on it yesterday to see about how much I can redeem toward a cruise and the page wasn't working. :( Hopefully it was just a site issue and it will be fixed.

Once you sign into your BOA NCL account, there's 4 tabs at the top and the last tab says "rewards".

When you click on the rewards, it will take you to the page that shows how many points you have earned.

Then you can click on Redeem World Points and it gives you several options to redeem them with.

There's a Travel tab and once you get to the travel page, you can pick "cruises" at the top (5th one over). I have to say that it is WEIRD that once I go to that page it gives me options to book CARNIVAL cruises. LOL :confused:

But I'm lost with how to actually redeem for a cruise or upgrade or OBC or whatever. It's a very confusing site. :(

You can either redeem points for OBC or just have them send you a check for the money. I like that option. To me it's easier than worrying about making sure the OBC gets credited, and then gets used up.

For the cash option, call 800 434 8313 and choose option5.

For OBC, call NCL at 866 954 4077 and they will handle it.

I have the NCL card. On your cc statement it will tell you how many points you have available. Every 10,000pts is 100obc. There's a number on the statement to call to redeem points. You'll need your cruise reservation number when redeeming your points. It's very easy.

There's a Travel tab and once you get to the travel page, you can pick "cruises" at the top (5th one over). I have to say that it is WEIRD that once I go to that page it gives me options to book CARNIVAL cruises. LOL :confused:

But I'm lost with how to actually redeem for a cruise or upgrade or OBC or whatever. It's a very confusing site. :(

If you click on that Travel Tab, you'll need to look at the top of the page for your points summary again and then click 'REWARDS HOME' for the NCL Rewards. On the right hand side of the Home page, you'll see a NCL ship and box that says Norwegians Get Rewards. This is what you click to get to the NCL benefits.

To get there without going to the Travel Tab, from the Rewards Points summary on your account page, just click the Learn More message and it also takes you to the NCL rewards.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

You can either redeem points for OBC or just have them send you a check for the money. I like that option. To me it's easier than worrying about making sure the OBC gets credited, and then gets used up.

For the cash option, call 800 434 8313 and choose option5.

For OBC, call NCL at 866 954 4077 and they will handle it.

Not questioning your choice, but clarifying for others that 5000 points get $25 dollars cash back while the same 5000 points gets you $50 OBC.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Not questioning your choice, but clarifying for others that 5000 points get $25 dollars cash back while the same 5000 points gets you $50 OBC.

Good point. I would opt for the OBC in that scenario. I cashed in 25,000 points for the full $250 cash the last time. I seem to recall getting $100 cash back for 10,000 points prior to that, so maybe 10,000 points is the point at which you don't lose out with the cash option. The cash back was handled as a transfer directly to checking now that I look back at my old statements. It CAN take a couple weeks, so give yourself plenty of time if you go that route.

• 2 weeks later...

We too have the World Points NCL MasterCard. We recently went online to redeem points and found many other offers besides just straight cash or OBC. Look around and know what's available. The customer service rep I spoke with tried to get me to do OBC, but when I mentioned an offer of 3rd & 4th passengers free for 40,000 pts. that I saw on the website... She looked it up and punched in the code. We ended up saving $1198 for 80,000 pts.

Hope that all made sense. The point I so long-winded-ly was trying to make is this: Do your homework. Many times the reps don't even know what the best deals are because they change so frequently.

Happy cruising,

Sheila

We too have the World Points NCL MasterCard. We recently went online to redeem points and found many other offers besides just straight cash or OBC. Look around and know what's available. The customer service rep I spoke with tried to get me to do OBC, but when I mentioned an offer of 3rd & 4th passengers free for 40,000 pts. that I saw on the website... She looked it up and punched in the code. We ended up saving $1198 for 80,000 pts.

Hope that all made sense. The point I so long-winded-ly was trying to make is this: Do your homework. Many times the reps don't even know what the best deals are because they change so frequently.

Happy cruising,

Sheila

Wow, that is a great deal! Is the 3rd & 4th passenger free for any cabin whether inside up to suites?

A while back, someone posted that they had received a letter stating the program for offering double point for purchases with NCL would be discontinued.

Figuring we'd still pick up a decent amount of OBC by using the card to pay the final balance for our upcoming cruise, we went ahead with our original plan. Imagine my surprise when I checked our balance and found we had been credited with the double points after all. :D

A while back, someone posted that they had received a letter stating the program for offering double point for purchases with NCL would be discontinued.

Figuring we'd still pick up a decent amount of OBC by using the card to pay the final balance for our upcoming cruise, we went ahead with our original plan. Imagine my surprise when I checked our balance and found we had been credited with the double points after all. :D

We still get double points for anything the card is used on related to NCL. :)

• 7 months later...

Can anyone advise me to the best order for redeeming points on a cruise? Here's my situation... Looking at a cruise that's in March 2015 (quickly approaching). Would I need to book, call or log on and redeem points and make final payment? It looks like final payment is due the day after I make the reservation. Is this even feasible?? I should add that we are waning to use the points for $200 off of our cruise. Thanks for your help!!

Edited by meggie711

And if we go with the $200 off of a cruise, do they mail a check? If so, is it a check just back to us? Meaning that if we go ahead and book and do final payment prior to receiving the check, can we just deposit it back into our checking account? I hope that makes sense...