Live from The Sunshine, 1/26/15

psternklar

1st sea day on the Sunshine. I am pleasantly surprised. Service is great, staff super friendly and food is above average. Only 2 bucket seen, no bad smell. The lounges are small but not horribly. The only negative is that the MDR seating is slow. Long line for brunch this am at 9:45. Waited 15 min the went to Lido. This is our 3rd Carnival cruise and so far very happy. Any questions?

Thanks for the report! We sail in 33 days, I can't wait! Do you have Anytime Dining or seated, and if you have Anytime do you still have to go to Deck 5 and check in or can you just go straight to the MDR? How was embarkation?

Yes we have ATD, check in at Taste Bar on 5 then down to 3 when your pager goes off. Emarkation was smooth but we had FTTF, it was busy otherwise.

You sail the week after us. I will work out all the kinks for you. :) LOL.

Thank you lol. I wonder if the spa is fully functional, and that elevator that's been "broken" apparently for the past 4 months lol.

Thanks for the report! We sail in 33 days, I can't wait! Do you have Anytime Dining or seated, and if you have Anytime do you still have to go to Deck 5 and check in or can you just go straight to the MDR? How was embarkation?

We are on the next one after you!

1st sea day on the Sunshine. I am pleasantly surprised. Service is great, staff super friendly and food is above average. Only 2 bucket seen, no bad smell. The lounges are small but not horribly. The only negative is that the MDR seating is slow. Long line for brunch this am at 9:45. Waited 15 min the went to Lido. This is our 3rd Carnival cruise and so far very happy. Any questions?

Delightful to hear. After some of the last reviews, I was certain we were booked to sail this weekend on a garbage scow. :)

Any kids in Camp Carnival? Would love to know what they think of the camp and of the ship in general.

Thanks tons! Have a fabulous cruise.

Oh, let us know how the steakhouse is! We have reservations for the first night. We usually love it.

Well, the food was good, not great. Service and atmosphere were very good. Overall worth the extra $$ but do not expect a tru "steakhouse" meal (i.e. Sparks).

Delightful to hear. After some of the last reviews, I was certain we were booked to sail this weekend on a garbage scow. :)

Any kids in Camp Carnival? Would love to know what they think of the camp and of the ship in general.

Thanks tons! Have a fabulous cruise.

We have no kids with us (ours is 21). Camp Carnival did seem active though.

I am organizing a large group, setting sail on the 28th of Feb. A few oddball questions that you may be able to provide insight into. Most of us have cruised Carnival before.

1. Any chance you can post the Fun Times? Trying to find recent copies for the Sunshine / Western.

2. The self-service ice cream machines. Any on the lido deck near the pool?

3. Please tell me they are enforcing the no chair- hog rule with the stickers on this ship.

4. Poker tournaments?

5. Do they do the chocolate matin cake nightly?

On behalf of our group, I thank you in advance!

I am organizing a large group, setting sail on the 28th of Feb. A few oddball questions that you may be able to provide insight into. Most of us have cruised Carnival before.

1. Any chance you can post the Fun Times? Trying to find recent copies for the Sunshine / Western.

Sorry, no way to upload or scan them

2. The self-service ice cream machines. Any on the lido deck near the pool?

Yes, 2 of them

3. Please tell me they are enforcing the no chair- hog rule with the stickers on this ship.

On serenity yes

4. Poker tournaments?

Yup

5. Do they do the chocolate matin cake nightly?

Melting cake, of course!

On behalf of our group, I thank you in advance!

You are welcome

You know the steakhouse quality is much better than the MDR maybe you just had not a great cow. I could go to my best steakhouse which I know is excellent a few times and its possible that one of the times its not up to par than usual.

For breakfast today did you go to the MDR or the buffet, if you went to the buffet, did they have ham and roasted potatoes?