Live from The Sunshine, 1/26/15

psternklar

Will do. BTW Guys burgers are fantastic. One of the best I have had. Fries are great too. Never a long wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had Guys when we were on the Conquest often (probably too often..LOL)

Thanks again for the updates. I've been sending the thread links to several family members who are new cruisers, and this helps them out with what to expect.

I don't think anyone asked this yet, but are the floors in the Lido Marketplace still slippery? They seemed to have trouble keeping the floor dry, even when the pools were closed, or late at night. Someone mentioned onboard that it was the type of floor type creating the problem?

Glad you are enjoying the live review!

I have the $60 plan. Not fast enough for streaming video but adequate for email, surfing etc. Much faster than other ships I have been on (Dream) not as fast as home. I am told the $99 plan is faster and supports streaming. It is nice that you can upgrade your plan if you find it too slow. All in all a good deal for unlimited access.

I do not love the ATD set up. There is normally a long line on deck 5 near Taste Bar to get your seat. Once you get your seat assignment you go to deck 3 to the dining room. Once at the dining room there is not much of a wait. If I were to sail Sunshine again I would choose assigned dining.

Off to Grand Turk today!

Any other questions? Having fun doing this live review.

Can you tell me about the unlimited access - can you use multiple devices?

Thanks again for the updates. I've been sending the thread links to several family members who are new cruisers, and this helps them out with what to expect.

I don't think anyone asked this yet, but are the floors in the Lido Marketplace still slippery? They seemed to have trouble keeping the floor dry, even when the pools were closed, or late at night. Someone mentioned onboard that it was the type of floor type creating the problem?

No slippery floors on this cruise. Glad you find the thread helpful, enjoy your cruise!

Some final thoughts as we are heading to Florida and bags are outside.

The cruise was a blast. The crew was probably the most friendly, helpful crew we have experienced. The food was above average. The two negatives were some of the lines and lack of live music during shows. We were on the Dream last year and there was a live band (Omar and his crew) and they were great. I wish Carnaval would bring back the live bands and consider tickets for the shows to cut down on the lines. FTTF was worth it for me as getting on and off the ship is easier, a luxury I am willing to pay for.

I am glad that the thread was helpful, I would live review in the future as it was enjoyable to post and when I was planning our cruise I would have found it helpful. Thanks for following along and happy cruising! Time to start planning the next one.

Forgot to mention, the Italian restaurant was fantastic! Worth the uncharge and more.

Edited by psternklar

Thank you very much for the review, very helpful. My Wife and I are sailing on the Sunshine in 6 days! Was your cruise intinerary Aruba, Curacao, and Grand Turk? If so, any suggestions for Aruba and Curacao, we are familiar with Grand Turk. Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much for the review, very helpful. My Wife and I are sailing on the Sunshine in 6 days! Was your cruise intinerary Aruba, Curacao, and Grand Turk? If so, any suggestions for Aruba and Curacao, we are familiar with Grand Turk. Thanks in advance.

We did Eastern, not Southern, enjoy your cruise.

We are going horseback riding in Aruba w/Rancho Ponderosa. They let you gallop on the beach with your horse. We will be on the same cruise w/you and can't wait!!

Thank you very much for sharing :)

I have a few questions if you don't mind:

-What are the "not to miss" shows?Are there any broadway style show?

-Are there more parties besides mexican party (like White night party for instance)?

Thank You ;)

Thank you very much for sharing :)

I have a few questions if you don't mind:

-What are the "not to miss" shows?Are there any broadway style show?

-Are there more parties besides mexican party (like White night party for instance)?

Thank You ;)

I thought Epic Rock was very good, better than the others. No full broadway like shows. We did not go to the deck parties. Glad the review was helpful, enjoy your cruise.