Tortola Pier Update

willise

• 2 weeks later...

The Carnival Liberty docked at the pier on 3/28. They had to install wood ramps to accommodate the gangway. Only one side of the pier is open. The other side of the pier is still under construction. The Oceania was there also and they had to tender.

The Carnival Liberty docked at the pier on 3/28. They had to install wood ramps to accommodate the gangway. Only one side of the pier is open. The other side of the pier is still under construction. The Oceania was there also and they had to tender.

I was just coming here to give the same update. So happy we didnt have to tender!

I was wondering if anyone knew for sure whether or not The Getaway will be able to dock at the pier on May 2nd. I know they are supposed to be able to, but some confirmation would be nice to know.

Probably if you're the only ship in port, not sure how they decide who gets the one parking spot if there's more than one ship...

I was wondering if anyone knew for sure whether or not The Getaway will be able to dock at the pier on May 2nd. I know they are supposed to be able to, but some confirmation would be nice to know.

According to this video the pier will be ready for the Getaway on the "29th"

Just back from our Gem cruise. We were the only ship in port and did not dock at the pier. We tendered into the port as the pier was not complete. The construction is still going on and I don't think that anything at the pier will be ready anytime soon. I understand that a Carnival ship docked a few weeks ago, but left the pier with some damage that has to be repaired again.

It appears that The Getaway is docked at the pier this morniing. Just checked out the web cam, so I think we're good from here on out.

Getaway is in St. Thomas today. Tortola tomorrow.

28-Apr-15 08:00

28-Apr-15 18:00

Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

28-Apr-15 18:00

29-Apr-15 08:00

At Sea

29-Apr-15 08:00

29-Apr-15 16:00

Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Edited by Winston Wolf

I hope someone on board will let us know. Is the new pier within walking distance of downtown?

It's not a new pier, it is a renovation of the existing pier, and it is within walking distance of town.

I hope someone on board will let us know. Is the new pier within walking distance of downtown?

For others going to Road Town the town has some interesting sights but much of the town is a financial district. However near the dock are several shops with nice clothing and artwork, and Sunny Caribee is a great little spice/rub shop. Pusser's Pub is a neat English-style pub, and they have a clothing store as well with a unique nautical collection. And the pier has been updated with shops and amenities as well.

For others going to Road Town the town has some interesting sights but much of the town is a financial district. However near the dock are several shops with nice clothing and artwork, and Sunny Caribee is a great little spice/rub shop. Pusser's Pub is a neat English-style pub, and they have a clothing store as well with a unique nautical collection. And the pier has been updated with shops and amenities as well.

It's been a few years since we were there, but I remember having a lot of fun at Pusser's Pub! Try the Conch fritters with your Painkiller:D

We'll on the 8/29 sailing of the Getaway, should both sides of the pier be open by then? Should be expect a gangway or tender?

We are on this cruise with you! Can't wait. I really hope we dock as well. I hate trying to get a tender.