Port parking Galveston

arkking

Look up EZ cruise parking, if you drop off passengers and luggage and walk across the street it is significantly cheaper than other options. If you are not capable of walking, they offer shuttle service from their other lots and are cheaper than port parking. Hope this helps!

Look up EZ cruise parking, if you drop off passengers and luggage and walk across the street it is significantly cheaper than other options. If you are not capable of walking, they offer shuttle service from their other lots and are cheaper than port parking. Hope this helps!

Check out their website as well...they often send coupons. We use Park N Cruise across the street...a bit more but you literally walk across the street to get to the terminal. Comes in handy for the (already sad) trip home...at least no waiting for a shuttle!

We always use EZCruise parking. Book online in advance & save $$! Look em up online. They are an awesome family run business with lots closest to the pier. They offer shuttles as well as walk on/off...

Edited by SRV FAN

Does a person need to pre book for parking in Galveston at port, or are their always vacancies.

I would say it's a good idea to pre-book, but not mandatory. It's highly unlikely that you'd get there and find zero available parking, but others have already pointed out some of the advantages of booking ahead.

Most of the parking lots give you a small discount for online booking, and they claim that they do fill up, so we chose to pre-pay at Park-n-Cruise. We were in a rental car, so we just chose outdoor parking. We were parked in their lot about halfway down the block, and they took us to the corner via golf cart.

They don't have a shuttle, so you should plan on driving to the terminal to drop off and pickup. It's about a two block walk. I noticed that VIP parking is a bit closer. It's right at the corner of 22nd street, which is where the crosswalk is to traverse Harborside Drive to get into the terminal. Once you cross Harborside, you have to walk across some of the car lanes in the terminal area and you come up to Terminal 1, which is where Carnival docks. You have to go up some steps (6 or so) to get to the sidewalk and then you turn left and follow it over to Terminal 2.

In total, it's over a two block walk from Park-n-Cruise to Terminal 2. I would not want to make this trek with much luggage, so I suggest if parking a these lots on Strand (which don't have shuttles) that you plan to drive into the terminal for luggage drop-off and pickup. Yes, driving into the terminal is "cluster". My advice is to not try to enter off Harborside. Instead, cut south a block or two and then follow a parallel street to 25th street which is a straight shot into the terminal.

You do have to drive in front of Terminal 1 to get to Terminal 2. Even if you take the first left and "bypass" the drop-off traffic at Terminal 1, you still have to cross-over that traffic as it exits. And you have to cross over the pedestrian cross walks. Plan on spending about 10-15 minutes just driving into and through the terminal area to get to the pickup and drop-off areas of Terminal 2.

Here are the current online discounts for EZ Cruise.

15% off all merchandise

EZ Cruise Store

Not valid with any other promotions or coupons.

This coupon is only valid at the EZ Cruise Store at the time of purchase of merchandise.

May not receive discount after purchase was made.

This coupon expires

12/31/2015

----------------------------------------------------------------------

$15 OFF 7 Day

Promo Code - 2015

Online Only

This coupon is only valid for ezcruiseparking.com online reservations. This coupon is good for $15 off the current 7 day online rates. Must use the promotional code online to receive discount. There will be no discount on pre-existing reservations. This coupon is good for any future sail date.

This coupon is not valid with any other coupons, offers,daily specials and instant savings.

Offer Expires 12/31/2015

There will be no discount on pre-existing reservations

SHUTTLE SERVICE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$10 OFF 4 & 5

Promo Code (ANYSAIL)

Online Only

This coupon is only valid for ezcruiseparking.com online reservations. This coupon is good for $10 off the current online rates. Must use the promotional code online to receive discount. There will be no discount on pre-existing reservations. This coupon is good for any future sail date.

This coupon is not valid with any other coupons, offers,daily specials and instant savings. Offer Expires 12/31/2015

SHUTTLE SERVICE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$15 OFF 4&5 Day

Promo Code (15parkwalk)

Online Only

This coupon is only valid for ezcruiseparking.com online reservations. This coupon is good for $15 off the current 4 and 5 day online rates. No shuttle service included in this price. Must use the promotional code online to receive discount. There will be no discount on pre-existing reservations. This coupon is good for any future sail date. This coupon is not valid with any other coupons, offers,daily specials and instant savings.

Offer Expires 12/31/2015

WALK ONLY

$20 OFF 7 DAY

Promo Code (20parkwalk)

Online Only

This coupon is only valid for ezcruiseparking.com online reservations. This coupon is good for $20 off the current 7 day online rates.Not valid on 4 and 5 day rates.No shuttle service included in this price. Must use the promotional code online to receive discount. There will be no discount on pre-existing reservations. This coupon is good for any future sail date. This coupon is not valid with any other coupons, offers,daily specials and instant savings.

Offer Expires 12/31/2015

*If this promo code is use on any other than 7 day cruise rate you will be charged to difference upon arrival to the parking lot.

WALK ONLY

• 1 month later...
I always book lighthouse parking. They carry you and your luggage to and from the terminal. Used the many times and they do fill up. Covered parking

Do you have to wait around until their shuttles fill up before they transport you? Is it a long wait?

The one time we used lighthouse it was about a 10 minute wait for the shuttle to depart, we usually use Galveston Parkn cruise and just walk across the street to the cruise terminal.

Thank you. I think we have decided to go with ParknCrusie as well.

In total, it's over a two block walk from Park-n-Cruise to Terminal 2. I would not want to make this trek with much luggage, so I suggest if parking a these lots on Strand (which don't have shuttles) that you plan to drive into the terminal for luggage drop-off and pickup. Yes, driving into the terminal is "cluster".

We reserved covered parking Park-n-Cruise for our Liberty of the Seas trip. My wife and I will have one suitcase each, and I may have a carry-on that I can place on top of my suitcase as I pull it. I was hoping to be able to park, then walk across the street to the terminal to check our bags. Same when leaving. Is it just inconvenient, or almost impossible?

We reserved covered parking Park-n-Cruise for our Liberty of the Seas trip. My wife and I will have one suitcase each, and I may have a carry-on that I can place on top of my suitcase as I pull it. I was hoping to be able to park, then walk across the street to the terminal to check our bags. Same when leaving. Is it just inconvenient, or almost impossible?

Walk from Park and Cruise is no longer than a long walk to gate in airport.

We live in Galveston, and cruise often and in/out of Galveston also,

and pick up/drop off friends frequently at terminal.

FOLLOW THE HERD OR NOT:

Follow signs at entrance (22nd and Harborside ) to # 2 RCL LIBERTY,

then to right ramp next to terminal.

Get in left of three lanes ,

go around the vehicles in right and second lanes

with cruisers dropping off and picking up,

All are in right lanes as result fighting for common vehicle space among themselves and with the baggage handlers.

Go to end of terminal in third lane on left

where there is space and few vehicles and drop off or pick up passengers!

THEN GO PARK

FOR LESS TRAFFIC

Upon entering Galveston on CAUSEWAY over Galveston Bay

Do not follow large signs via Harborside to port on Causeway

Stay on 45 straight, which turns into Broadway Blvd into town

Go to 22nd

Left on 22nd straight to entrance to port with a light

Maps

Here is list of maybe helpful transportation services.

Source galveston.com

Do your homework!

There are many more available.

Airport Transportation

Action Motors & Limos (airport transfers)

713-781-5466

actionlimo.com

Cool Tours

409-539-5374

cooltoursgalveston.com

Galveston Limousine Service (airport shuttle)

409-744-5466

800-640-4826

galvestonlimousineservice.com

Galveston Shuttle Bus (airport shuttle)

409-632-6412

Galveston Shuttle & Limo (airport shuttle)

803-258-0798

galveston-shuttle.com

Island Breeze Shuttle (airport shuttle)

409-770-0100

islandbreezeshuttle.com

Karr’s Limousine Service (airport transfers)

713-780-8300

800-406-1459

karrlimousine.com

Merlo’s Limousine & Charters (airport transfers)

866-367-5466

merloscharters.com

Super Shuttle (airport shuttle)

800-258-3826

supershuttle.com

Taxi Services

Busy Bee

409-762-8429

Jeff’s Cab & Shuttle Service

409-621-5333

866-533-3222

Tropical Taxi