On Board Account - Britannia

WillZander

Do check your on board account, having just got off Britannia I found 11 charges in the restaurant ( presumably drinks) that were not mine. I was unable to check until I got home, P&O now owe me £281.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do check your on board account, having just got off Britannia I found 11 charges in the restaurant ( presumably drinks) that were not mine. I was unable to check until I got home, P&O now owe me £281.

As a matter of interest, how did P and O initially deal with your problem? And how will you be able to prove that you are not liable.

Was it a computer glitch that someone else's cruise card was linked to your account? Bit worrying :(

As a matter of interest, how did P and O initially deal with your problem? And how will you be able to prove that you are not liable.

Was it a computer glitch that someone else's cruise card was linked to your account? Bit worrying :(

On P&O you have to sign for everything you buy - that will be the proof, they will have to dig out the chits with the OP's signature or refund the money

On P&O you have to sign for everything you buy - that will be the proof, they will have to dig out the chits with the OP's signature or refund the money

Ah yes......silly me, forgot that the chit has to be signed. PHEW!!

Still pays to be vigilant. We travelled with friends on Britannia and were buying drinks in rounds. When my friends ordered a round of drinks the waiter automatically selected our cabin for the next round of drinks as we had paid for the previous round. He did not ask for, or swipe, my friends card, he entered our cabin number into the till at the bar it was only when my friend signed and noted the wrong cabin number on the receipt that it was picked up.

Ah yes......silly me, forgot that the chit has to be signed. PHEW!!

On Britannia last December I ordered a beer in Brodies. The waiter came back later and said that they didn't have it in stock so I ordered a different beer.

We checked our account at the end of the first week and lo-and-behold there were the two beers on the account.

A quick trip to reception soon sorted it out. I'm not sure whether they did a check for the signed chit but the refund was added back there and then.

We always keep our receipts in the safe for checking no matter how small and regularly check the on board account. Hope you go on OK!

The receipts to worry about are the ones you dont have where someone elses spend has been put on your account.

On Ventura twice I have had drinks double charged on my account. These are easy to spot as the times are identical or no more than a minute apart.

Brian

Mistakes happen in every hotel - on land or sea. We once had a free bottle of wine (i.e. we had had a bottle of wine but it wasn't on the bill) and because we were honest they let us have it for nothing when we questioned it. (Thanks Imperial Hotel Blackpool :-))

Like at any hotel, we always ask for a print out of the bill either the day before or the morning we are leaving. It means that we can have a good look at what you are paying for! The bill usually comes the night before you leave .....

Or it may be best to ask for a bill half way through

I rang them saying that unauthorised charges had been made to my account, they said someone would respond within 72 hrs. Someone rang me 36 hrs later, they had retrieved my account. I itemised the day & time of the 11 charges, she said she would contact the ship to query this. She rang back next day, apologised said waiter had charged another cabin to my account for the duration. Refund given. Interestingly she gave me the cabin no that should have been charged, advising that they have added the sum to their onboard account. Probably one passenger who thought they had got away with being undercharged.

My husband keeps a running total of every chit we sign and he is normally only a few pounds out at the end of the cruise.

P&O no longer give you a preliminary statement a few days before the end of the cruise so you do need to ask for one from Reception.

Hope everything is sorted for you.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband keeps a running total of every chit we sign and he is normally only a few pounds out at the end of the cruise.

P&O no longer give you a preliminary statement a few days before the end of the cruise so you do need to ask for one from Reception.

Hope everything is sorted for you.

CANNOT understand why onboard BRITANNIA they do not have your onboard account on the interactive TV - we were surprised the first time we were onboard that it was unavailable there

We run a spreadsheet on our tablet where we record all expenditure on a cruise (on-board and onshore). It is useful for checking your shipboard balance and for analysing/budgeting for future cruises (the drinks heading is a bit scary though!).

On every cruise I always tot up receipts at the end of the day just so ee know what we're spending and get a print out every 3/4 days to check. No trouble for anyone and mistakes on both sides sorted straight away. Never hsd any problems

Jackie

On Princess they have a computer/kiosk where you can print out your account at any time, to save bothering the purser's desk. Do they not have anything like that on Britannia?

No they don't.You have to ask for a print out at the reception desk.We were also surprised it isnt available on the TV as this is a new ship.I think we were given an interim account half way through the cruise.

No they don't.You have to ask for a print out at the reception desk.We were also surprised it isnt available on the TV as this is a new ship.I think we were given an interim account half way through the cruise.

They do have a booth printout thingy on Royal Princess (when they remember to put paper in it!)

We were caught on the last evening of a cruise. We had checked on the T.V. and had got printouts from reception throughout the cruise, so didn't check the very last one put outside your room till we got home and there was a couple of drinks which must have been put on in the very last minutes before shutdown. We put it down to experience but now check it more thoroughly. Sometimes the waiters ask for your card and sometimes they just ask for your cabin number so mistakes happen and people often give the wrong cabin number.