Weather ?? San Fransisco to Vancouver May 13

CalCruzers

If you are on the Grand have you joined our roll call. You will sail about 200 miles offshore where there is usually a strong ocean breeze.

Astoria's weather can be anything from rainy and cool to sunny and pleasant.

Nanaimo is on the dry side of Vancouver Island and is generally drier and a little warmer than Vancouver

Long range forecast is for below normal precip and above normal temps for the Pacific Northwest so as the others have posted layering will be the best option.

Cheers!

Dennis

Nice and sunny and dry in Vancouver today, about 12 degrees Celsius/54 Fahrenheit.

Like others have said, dress in layers and don't forget your umbrella!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by bigenna

Middle of May can vary between raining and under10c (45 F) to sunny and well over 21c (70 F)

Temperature similar to Golden Gate park area of San Francisco but more chance of rain.

Edited by dad604

We did an LA to Vancouver cruise in mid May 2012. The weather was lovely except Santa Barbara where I wore my fleece jacket, gloves and a hat on a fantastic whale watching excursion (and wouldn't have needed the gloves and hat if we weren't on the water). During the days everywhere else, including Victoria and Vancouver, we didn't need fleece jackets - long sleeves were sufficient . It was glorious!

If you are on the Grand have you joined our roll call. You will sail about 200 miles offshore where there is usually a strong ocean breeze.

200 miles offshore??

We could see land of some kind for the majority of our northbound coastals. :confused:

200 miles offshore??

We could see land of some kind for the majority of our northbound coastals. :confused:

I was surprised to see we were 80 miles off shore on our south bound cruise. We did not see land until I got up early on the day we arrived in LA.

We are doing LA to Vancouver on May 3rd. Thanks for the reminder about the umbrella. We won't be packing too many shorts and probably won't be taking the swimsuit out of the luggage either. But who knows? We've been in pretty rough weather before even in the Caribbean. It's all part of cruising...:)

Doing the coastal in May heading north CAN be anything from smooth to rough to VERY rough off the coast of Oregon.:eek:

Always smoother doing it southward in the fall as you follow the currents so smoother in my experience . I have done the trip many times both ways.

Better safe than sorry so pack some bonamine just in case.:o