embarkation

sweatpants

What time does security open in Port of Miami ?

Do you mean the terminal? I ask because Port Miami security is 24/7.

Also, do you mean for embarkation or disembarkation?

I'm pretty sure the OP is asking about embarkation since that's the title of the post.

Sometimes folks do not provide enough detail in the question so others can help.

In this situation it might be they want to drop off bags early, or want to park their car, or want to know when boarding is, or...... who knows? So, even if an answer is given, it might not help the person out.

S

Edited by garycarla

I believe you can get through security and check-in starting at 10 a.m. in Port of Miami. They typically start to board around 11/1130.

You will be behind Haven, as well as Platinum Latitudes members though, they can show up a few minutes prior to boarding and those groups still go first.

if you are there by 10 a.m. you should be in great shape though I think.

I'm pretty sure the OP is asking about embarkation since that's the title of the post.

I get that, but there's really not a lot to go on. I was merely asking for clarification so people could give the OP a good answer.

I noticed that you didn't have an answer for the OP either. ;)

I get that, but there's really not a lot to go on. I was merely asking for clarification so people could give the OP a good answer.

I noticed that you didn't have an answer for the OP either. ;)

I think POA1 was just trying to make an educated guess as well. (not being smart-z or anything)

As to the real answer - security is around most of the time. What the posted wanted to know is now a bit more clear. I will add to the answer above is that sometimes folks arrive even before they open the doors and start a line outside. Therefore, the arrival time might be even earlier depending on how much they want the VIBE pass and how much they are okay standing around outside in the Florida heat.

And, even though not asked here - but asked every few days - even if NCL sends you a time slot to check in, you can still arrive earlier.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Some people have posted that they get in line outside around 9:00 ish and get a low boarding number. Other groups board before you, but you should be able to get on and get to Headliners (I am assuming you are on the Escape). Good luck getting Vibe passes and have a wonderful cruise.

My first post......EVER. sorry. I was asking if on Embarkation, what time can I get through security to get inside and online because I would like to get a low number because I would like to get Vibe passes. Thank You

Ok. If you want any possibility of a Vibe Pass, you need to be in line long "before security opens". NCL changed their boarding order back in Feburary making it very hard for general boarding people to get passes.

Be at the port by 8:30. General boarding starts around 11:30. Make sure to have all of your travel docs, passports, credit card, and health forms (get at port) as you get to the checkin counter.

They won't allow you IN to security until ALL departing passengers have left. Usually around 10am or so. There is little reason to get there too early...might as well get some breakfast rather than standing outside in the sun for hours!