ME Miami

champagne123

Good morning. Yes, I did a search and could not find the answer to my question. The ME hotel in Miami has a great price drop....but I was just reading the reviews (which were pretty good), but one review stated "I had to lug all of the luggage up the stairs and no one would help me". My question is, if one is HC or disabled in any way, how do you get up the stairs to the front entrance? Even for the elderly? Would really love to book this hotel, but I am hesitant, knowing I could never do it. (I will have a mobility scooter also). Is there another entrance?

I think it might be best to call or e-mail the hotel directly. They will be able to tell you exactly what the options are.

Definitely call the hotel and discuss your requirements. If any doubt remains .... stay somewhere else. You don't want to approach your trip with worry on your mind.

If it is anything like the YVE they may have a second entrance (theirs was around the side) that didn't have stairs. I was in a walking cast last summer and lugging my bag up stairs wasn't easy, I found the other entrants on our check out morning!

The hotel website states it is "a minute away from the Eleventh Street Metromover station". So there must be an entrance/exit onto NE 2nd Ave. Which I could not detect at all from a satellite view, never mind determining whether it is step-free.

If someone's taxi or shuttle dropped them at the spot of the hotel's legal address--1100 Biscayne Blvd--it certainly will seem that the only entrance to the building is up the big showy stairs in front of the glass tower. But it appears there is a level entrance to the front of the building on the 11th Street side of the steps. I have to agree with the others to call and confirm which entrance is the closest to the registration desk--which I have no idea if is in on the Biscayne Blvd side of the building or closer to the guest rooms which surround the rear courtyard. (Honestly I have never given this building a second glance when in Downtown Miami though the rates seem very fair on nights with no event at the AAA at least).

When you call insist on a room on the first floor!

No, even if they had ground floor rooms.

To the OP, by law the public areas must be ADA compliant so I wouldn't worry too much. They would not have gotten the CO without being compliant.

No, even if they had ground floor rooms.

To the OP, by law the public areas must be ADA compliant so I wouldn't worry too much. They would not have gotten the CO without being compliant.

Wonderful!!!! I did not know this. :)