Neptune Lounge ?

Toad

The Neptune Lounge is not a BAR lounge as some people think.

You can get ice water, orange juice and cranberry (or grape juice) in the morning. In the afternoon there will be ice water, cranberry (or grape juice) and iced tea.

And of course the coffee machine makes lattes and espressos and cappuccinos besides regular coffee and decaf coffee. It also has hot water for tea.

The Neptune Lounge has the same small ice bucket in there as is in the cabins.

Continental breakfast until 10:30. Snack sandwiches, desserts, cookies, chocolates, pound cake, crackers and cheese from 11 until about 4:30 - 5. Then cold appetizers are under the dome along with crudités.

And ice, so I can make an iced cappuccino? And snacks all day?

I have to ask. How would you make the iced Capp? Would you put ice in a hot one? I would think that that would take a lot of ice, especially since Hal's ice is chips rather than cubes. Personally I would grab one from the explorations but it will be an added expense.

No bottles water in the Neptune Lounge.

You buy a bottles from your mini refrigerator or from any bar. If you are 3 star Mariner you get 25% off anything in the mini frig. If you are 4 and 5 star mariner you get 50% off anything in the mini frig.

We've never bought any beverage in the mini coolers. Is there a price list for the beverages? I've never noticed any as we always have the cooler emptied. We may reconsider with the 50% discount.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note 3 using Forums mobile app

Edited by kjw869

We've never bought any beverage in the mini coolers. Is there a price list for the beverages? I've never noticed any as we always have the cooler emptied. We may reconsider with the 50% discount.

Thanks.

There is usually a price list on one of the bottles of water or sitting beside the cooler. It seems to be a bit difficult to get them to refill it. The Perrier is stupid expensive as it's a tiny bottle. Other items seem to be a little better priced.

Edited by cruz chic

There is usually a price list on one of the bottles of water or sitting beside the cooler. It seems to be a bit difficult to get them to refill it. The Perrier is stupid expensive as it's a tiny bottle. Other items seem to be a little better priced.

Thanks to you and KK. I've never noticed the price sheet.

I have to ask. How would you make the iced Capp? Would you put ice in a hot one? I would think that that would take a lot of ice, especially since Hal's ice is chips rather than cubes. Personally I would grab one from the explorations but it will be an added expense.

Think you are right, I will enjoy them from the Explorations cafe

Do they have soda in the Neptune Lounge? What drinks do they have besides coffee?

No alcohol is served in the Neptune, except maybe a glass of champagne on the first day and some libation served at the time they have the Captains suite welcome.

Our last cruises, the Suite Welcome Party has been held in Crows Nest or elsewhere. They don't usually have it in Neptune these days,,,, at least that has been my experience.

No alcohol is served in the Neptune, except maybe a glass of champagne on the first day and some libation served at the time they have the Captains suite welcome.

That's usually only the case on the smaller ships like the Maasdam. On the larger ships, it's been in the Pinnacle bar or like Sail said, in a roped off section of the Crow's Nest.

Eurodam used to have a wonderful Suite Farewell cocktail party in Pinnacle Bar. We used to love that party. Do they still have that? One time we had a Suite Farewell Party on Maasdam but I don't remember any others through the years.

Eurodam used to have a wonderful Suite Farewell cocktail party in Pinnacle Bar. We used to love that party. Do they still have that? One time we had a Suite Farewell Party on Maasdam but I don't remember any others through the years.

Haven't seen a Farewell cocktail party. A Welcome Aboard, and a midway through cocktail party, yes, on cruises 10 days or longer. Recently, on the Signature ships these have been held in the Crows Nest, or the Silk Den. On the Vistas, they are sometimes held in the Neptune. But the Signature class have too many suites.

Our last cruises, the Suite Welcome Party has been held in Crows Nest or elsewhere. They don't usually have it in Neptune these days,,,, at least that has been my experience.

That's usually only the case on the smaller ships like the Maasdam. On the larger ships, it's been in the Pinnacle bar or like Sail said, in a roped off section of the Crow's Nest.

Good to hear Sails and POA. On our last cruise, the Zaandam, they had the suite welcome parties in the Neptune Suite. They also had a suite farewell party and it also was held in the Neptune. My opinion, it is way to small to be doing those type of parties.

Haven't seen a Farewell cocktail party. A Welcome Aboard, and a midway through cocktail party, yes, on cruises 10 days or longer. Recently, on the Signature ships these have been held in the Crows Nest, or the Silk Den. On the Vistas, they are sometimes held in the Neptune. But the Signature class have too many suites.

The last time we had a Suite Farewell Party was In January 2012 on a 11-day cruise on the Noordam. There was no Suite Farewell Party on the same cruise this year. On our last 8-10 cruises, the Suite Welcome Party has been either in the Neptune Lounge or Pinnacle Bar. There also have been times where it was held in the Crow's Nest.

Captain's welcome was in the NL on the June 28 sailing...Zuiderdam. I stopped by for a minute...way too crowded and formal for me. Many people seemed to be together or to already know each other. Very uncomfortable IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They've been dialing back the Suite parties. A decade ago there was a full blown cocktail party, one mid cruise on longer voyages, and a farewell. The suite lunch used to be on 7 day cruises, then on 10...

It's only a matter of time until you get a hearty handshake and a juice box. ;)

They've been dialing back the Suite parties. A decade ago there was a full blown cocktail party, one mid cruise on longer voyages, and a farewell. The suite lunch used to be on 7 day cruises, then on 10...

It's only a matter of time until you get a hearty handshake and a juice box. ;)

You are too funny.

Terri