steel railing

nana51

Our verandah on the Westy, room 4033, has a steel railing. I can't seem to find any pictures on halfacts. I'm sure there are some, but short of looking at each room I don't know a way in which to see what they look like. Anyone have a room with this and what was their opinion?

We will be in Zuiderdam 7122 - how do we know if it is steel or plexiglass? I tried looking on HAHfacts - did not see it there

Yours is NOT a steel railing. You go to the HAL site (you can click on the QR block code in my signature) navigate to onboard our ships/ deck plans/ choose a ship/ Choose a deck from the drop down / there will be a legend of symbols near the bottom of the deck plan showing different aspects of the rooms. A room with a diamond symbol indicates it has a steel railing.

Thanks again that is a very handy image :D

You are welcome! We had 4 cabins in a row with dividers opened and it included that one with a steel railing; I just knew it would come in handy to have a picture for Cruise Critic.

People who like to sit and see the ocean in their whole field of vision do not like the steel railing. I am tall (5'10") and I tend to look far out to sea so it never bothered me. I've sailed in cabins with both types and can't say I favored one over the other.

This picture - which I took :) - shows the steel railing for 4041 and the plexiglass railing for 4043 on the Eurodam.

That's an outstanding picture for showing the difference between the steel & plexiglass railings. Thank you.

All of the verandahs on Maasdam have steel railings and it never bothered me. I usually sit in one of the chairs at the table rather than on the wicker seats with ottoman and my view to sea is undisturbed.

All of the verandahs on Maasdam have steel railings and it never bothered me. I usually sit in one of the chairs at the table rather than on the wicker seats with ottoman and my view to sea is undisturbed.

It's more of a 3/4 solid steel.

For the OP, here is what the S class ships (Statendam, Ryndam, Maasdam, Veendam) balconiy railings look like

520XVerSuite_popup.jpg

I can barely see to the verandah in that photo.

I've spent a great deal of time on Maasdam's Neptune Verandahs and know about the steel bottoms. When laying down on a lounger you can

only see 'some' out to sea.I never took a measure of exactly now many inches but that could be a fun project for anyone who wishes exact measurements

of how blocked is a blocked view. :D

Edited by sail7seas

I'm referring to the fact it's open and you see the top bit as there is only a thin horizontal rail going through under the wood top. It is quite different than the vista/signature classes that are literally solid steel plates all the way to the top.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Forums