Private tour in Roatan Hondouras?

rachelpauline

we too have use Victor, and had a private tour, we booked for the day and went wherever we wanted..not sure what the price was, but it was great...we even went to a grocery store and bought snacks at half the price from the ones near the port.

we were a group of 9 ..and well worth the money

we did have to walk a fair distance to the van, but it was a nice walk

I have used Island Marketing twice and had the best time with two different guides. On our second time there, our guide's car got a flat tire. Victor Bodden stopped his tour bus to ask if everything was alright and offered to take us back to the ship. When we declined, he offered to change the tire. While I did need him to show me how the foreign car jack worked, I changed the tire in 5 mins and got back to the tour. The guide apologized and gave all our money back, which we declined.

She took us to a little unmarked restaurant and we had THE best meal. There was no menu but just a short cafeteria type line where you could pick whatever you wanted. Then the owner seemed a little embarrassed (like she was asking too much) to tell us the price...$3 for 2 pieces of grilled chicken, herbed rice, veggies, plaintains and a bottle of Coke plus a piece of pie. If that place had a name, I'd recommend you go. Very nice people on that Roatan island.

we had a great tour with Victor Bodden a couple of years ago

we used Island Marketing for another port-Cozumel-be aware they are a third party company and hire out to local guides

we actually had a great guide who owns his own taxi and said if we had booked direct with him could have saved some money as no commission to Island Marketing

we used Island Marketing for another port-Cozumel-be aware they are a third party company and hire out to local guides

we actually had a great guide who owns his own taxi and said if we had booked direct with him could have saved some money as no commission to Island Marketing

Island Marketing's cut is the down payment. The final payment is the local guide's cut. The problem is how to find those local guides that don't run their own branded tour company. You would basically have to trust those guides who hang out around the port. Our last trip to Roatan we did try to directly reach the tour guide we used, but she wouldn't do it for fear of losing her contacts through Island Marketing. We actually ended up getting her niece on our next trip.