Port of Miami hotel

Eileenfa1

A room with a view of the ships is easy. My recommendation would be either the Holiday inn Port of Miami or the Intercontinental. Both are great hotels. The intercontinental can be a bit more expensive than the Holiday inn depending on the time of year you are going. Both are within walking distance to bayside marketplace where you can do some shopping and get something to eat the night before.

As far as a shuttle, I don't think you are going to find that and a water view. There may be some hotels closer to the airport that offer that, but they are few and far between.

A taxi to the port from Holiday inn POM ran my husband and I maybe $8 plus tip. IF even that much? We had someone at the front door of the hotel who was able to flag a taxi down for us and there were plenty of them nearby and we didn't have to call ahead or wait for one. I wouldn't worry about it one bit if you stayed at either of the two hotels I recommended.

Do u guys know if a hotel that shuttles from airport to hotel then to port of Mia . I'm looking for a room with a view of ships

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The first time we cruised out of Miami, we stayed at the Marriott on Biscayne Bay, but it was far away from anything and required taxis anytime we wanted to go anywhere.

After that, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami six or seven times. We requested rooms on a high floor overlooking the port. We had magnificent views of the ships turning around in the basin and docked at the pier. The Bayside Marketplace was right across the street. There were many restaurants and bars and kitschy little shops to peruse.

This last time we stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell. Nice place but no view of the water at all. We were close to restaurants but that was it.

None of our hotels had shuttles. But taxis were not very expensive, especially from the HIPOM.

No hotels with shuttles that I know of right by the port. It's too far. But if price is an issue, you can take the Metrorail right from the airport. The cost is $2.25. We did it in May when we stayed at the Hampton Inn Brickell. Very nice hotel.

If you want to visit Bayside (or even stay there) you can take the free Metromover from the Brickell station as well. It's all right there. Super easy. We were going to go to Bayside, but it started storming. Good news is that there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We wound up at the Chinese place right next door.

So, in summary, take Metrorail from airport for $2.25. Change trains at Brickell stop to Bayside for free. That is where POM Holiday Inn is.

Or take a taxi for like $25 or so.

Hope this makes sense.

Only a couple of budget places near the MIA airport offer both port and airport shuttles - La Quinta East and Springhill Suites Medical center are often suggested.

Hotels offering a view of the port from some rooms include the Marriott, Doubletree (next door to the Marriott), Holiday Inn and Intercontinental. All will be about a $25+ cab ride from MIA; another $12+ cab ride will get you to POM the next day.

Currently we have reservations at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown on SE 2nd Ave for our pre night and 2 post cruise nights. It seems like a decent location and should be near some restaurants and shops. Has anyone stayed there? Would you recommend the Hyatt Regency instead? We won't have a car, so we would want some shopping/restaurants within walking distance, and if we go to South Beach, we can take a cab over.

Thanks!

Do u guys know if a hotel that shuttles from airport to hotel then to port of Mia . I'm looking for a room with a view of ships

If you require a WOW view and WOW hotel, consider the Mandarin Oriental

Currently we have reservations at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown on SE 2nd Ave for our pre night and 2 post cruise nights. It seems like a decent location and should be near some restaurants and shops. Has anyone stayed there? Would you recommend the Hyatt Regency instead? We won't have a car, so we would want some shopping/restaurants within walking distance, and if we go to South Beach, we can take a cab over.

Thanks!

I would do the Hyatt over the Courtyard.

The courtyard is on the older side in my opinion.

I am not sure what your budget is. My first choices would be Marriott Marquis, Intercontinental or Hampton Inn.

You can walk from all of these hotels for shopping and food with no problem and the taxi ride fare will be around $20.00 to South Beach but can vary based on traffic.

Keith

My advice is not to limit yourself based on shuttles. Cost for taxis are not that high and in the end you don't get shuttles for free as they are figured into room cost plus often you have to wait a long time for the shuttle.

Check out Intercontinental or Marriott Marquis for rooms with nice views of the port.

Keith

I would do the Hyatt over the Courtyard.

The courtyard is on the older side in my opinion.

I am not sure what your budget is. My first choices would be Marriott Marquis, Intercontinental or Hampton Inn.

You can walk from all of these hotels for shopping and food with no problem and the taxi ride fare will be around $20.00 to South Beach but can vary based on traffic.

Keith

From the reviews the Hyatt recency is really outdated and three are a bunch of complaints. People are saying it's not kept up like a Hyatt should be. But I will look onto the other hotels you recommended, thanks.

It would be for 200 or less a night. I was thinking on the holiday inn port of Miami . Do u like the hotel? Pros or cons

Holiday Inn POM is a standard HI in a great location - across from Bayside with some rooms offering a view of POM. Your $200 budget might be enough, or it might not be enough if you are looking for a room between Jan-Easter.

Taxi from MIA to the hotel will run, on the meter, about $25+ and another $12 cab should get you to the ship the next morning.

I'm going sept 2015. I didn't realize the hotel does not have a shuttle from Mia airport. I would be flying in.

Almost no downtown Miami or Miami Beach hotels offer airport shuttles - a taxi from MIA to downtown Miami hotels should run about $25+tip; another $10-12+ cab will get you to POM the next day. Sept prices - unless it is Labor day weekend - should be low and you should be able to get a great hotel deal in downtown Miami - again, for hotels with a view check out the Doubletree, next door Marriott, Holiday Inn and Intercontinental.

As mentioned in my 12/23 post: "Only a couple of budget places near the MIA airport offer both port and airport shuttles - La Quinta East and Springhill Suites Medical center are often suggested." In addition to the free shuttles, these hotels will offer a view of the parking lot - not a view of the port & ships. ;)