World Class Cocktails

leehal

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Are they included in Premium Package, if not, what do they cost? Thanks

A past passenger confirmed on another post that with the premium package most were included except three which were a little higher in price.

For these three, with the premium package you just pay the $3 which is the difference between the drink price and the premium package drink price cap.

Edited by LuckiePuris

Does anyone know the rollout date for Reflection? We're on it Jan 2nd 2016. Also how long did the transition take - was there a cruise without either? We loved Molecular bar but are ready to love World Class too.

Does anyone know the rollout date for Reflection? We're on it Jan 2nd 2016. Also how long did the transition take - was there a cruise without either? We loved Molecular bar but are ready to love World Class too.

Celebrity President Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said the new bar will be on all five Solstice-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection) by the end of the summer.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Celebrity-Cruises-partners-with-Diageo-on-new-bar

I didn't find any of the cocktails sweet, mainly rum/whisky based, I'm not a fan of either generally, however they tasted amazing in all of the ones I tried (8 of the 10). My favourite was called The Buck which was a standard premium drink, ginger beer based.

The smoked rum, the one with dry ice and the fruit infused drink (all shown in the pics are $3 extra on a premium package). Well worth it just for the show of seeing them being made!

The bar was generally quiet, busy peak times pre-show etc, however, most people were asking for standard drinks and moved on when they were told that they weren't available.

We spent a few hours each night at this bar and loved it.

A past passenger confirmed on another post that with the premium package most were included except three which were a little higher in price.

For these three, with the premium package you just pay the $3 which is the difference between the drink price and the premium package drink price cap.

If you're on a Caribbean or Alaska cruise, the up charge is 2.00, plus the 18% gratuity for a total of 2.36. This is for the fruit infused bulliet, the smoke infused zacapa rum and the dry ice chilled double decker drink. The remaining 7 choices are all covered by the premium

the pictures look pretty.

But what do they taste like?

Are they sweet ?

Do not like sweet cocktails.

Here are links to the 10 drinks and what is in them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46421700&postcount=29

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46421755&postcount=32

How's their sangria?
See above links to the ONLY drinks available at the World Class Bar.....no Sangria.

If you're on a Caribbean or Alaska cruise, the up charge is 2.00, plus the 18% gratuity for a total of 2.36. This is for the fruit infused bulliet, the smoke infused zacapa rum and the dry ice chilled double decker drink. The remaining 7 choices are all covered by the premium

We're splitting hairs on some 0.64c but why is the pricing or overcharge different doe the cruises you mention? The drinks and service tax are the same in all regions aren't they...or is it that posters in the thread have rounded up for convenience ?

We're splitting hairs on some 0.64c but why is the pricing or overcharge different doe the cruises you mention? The drinks and service tax are the same in all regions aren't they...or is it that posters in the thread have rounded up for convenience ?

I don't think the posters "rounded up".

It was Celebrity.

And the "for convenience" part - :confused: ... :rolleyes: ... :confused:

Multiply .64 x 1,000s of people.

I don't think the posters "rounded up".

It was Celebrity.

And the "for convenience" part - :confused: ... :rolleyes: ... :confused:

Multiply .64 x 1,000s of people.

I meant by wounding up that posters said $3 even though they may have been charged the exact amount of $2.26. I.e. Generalising [emoji6]

As I don't think Celebrity's registers would round up by that much! The bartender punches in the drink button, it charges full amount of the drink, then credits package allowance, user pays difference outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Guess I will show my age because we remember when you could buy cocktails on ships for about $3! Now, you are supposed to pay over $50 a day and then pay an additional supplement for some cocktails! Ouch.

Hank

Guess I will show my age because we remember when you could buy cocktails on ships for about $3! Now, you are supposed to pay over $50 a day and then pay an additional supplement for some cocktails! Ouch.

Hank

Lol, it was a while ago but yeah I can remember when.... But don't think you've bought a cocktail on land even doe a while, the prices at some places go way over $18-20 for a schmoozy cocktail [emoji43][emoji484].

They'd go broke if they were relying on my business [emoji14]

Hank

Lol, it was a while ago but yeah I can remember when.... But don't think you've bought a cocktail on land even doe a while, the prices at some places go way over $18-20 for a schmoozy cocktail [emoji43][emoji484].

They'd go broke if they were relying on my business [emoji14]

I must be as old as you Hank.

I remember cocktails on cruises being just "token" amounts.

Soda and cappuccinos were included in your cruise fare and drinks were priced a negligible amount.

And, QE2 - we also never drink much (besides wine) on land.

The drink package on Celebrity (mainly the Molecular Bar) introduced us to craft cocktails.

And, as far as the $3 vs. the $2.36, someone on the first European sailing (Tiggertastic) confirmed she paid a $3 upgrade.

Edited by chamima

Loved the bar, the drinks and the staff..spent a lot of time here on our cruise last week!

Favorite drinks? I will be missing the Molecular Bar (& especially the Tanned Russian and the Indulgence). We're hoping to find a few new favorites at the World Class Bar ~ also hoping maybe they expand the menu to add a few more options before our August cruises.

And, as far as the $3 vs. the $2.36, someone on the first European sailing (Tiggertastic) confirmed she paid a $3 upgrade.

True which going the other way possibly those other calculations by SNJ may not hold up. After all the 18% is already prepaid in the drink pkg so are you paying 18% on the overcharge?? Or is a drink that costs $18, less $15 from the drink pkg simply leave you with $3 owing [emoji45]

LOL my holiday is too valuable to be wondering about the 'lost' 0.64c, I won't be having that many to be concerned how much extra 'possibly' Celebrity is gouging me for. I was just curious why it was mentioned that some cruises would have a different overcharge amount than others. [emoji43]

Here are links to the 10 drinks and what is in them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46421700&postcount=29

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46421755&postcount=32

See above links to the ONLY drinks available at the World Class Bar.....no Sangria.

I may be in the minority, but I actually like this menu better than the older one. It is somewhat more traditional. I suspect it might appeal to a greater number of people. I have been on some cruises with the premium drink package where I did not even visit the Molecular Bar and I never found it very busy when I visited it on other cruises. I have had most of the older drinks at least once.

I will try each of the ten on my TA in November and then I will know for sure. I know my DW will like it better from the choices.

I just received the summer cocktail menu for Seasons 52. They had lots of interesting summer cocktails on par with the ten World Bar offerings. The most expensive ones were around $14, most were less. I might be in the minority, but I wouldn't spend $18 on one of the small drinks pictured. Liked the liquid nitrogen drinks and interesting ingredients in the Molecular Bar, but the new drinks seem more hype than substance... IMHO :-)