Oasis Drink and Internet Discounts

cfkid

Hi All,

My family and I are sailing on Oasis on June 4th. This morning I'm seeing a couple of discounts in my cruise planner. First, I'm seeing a 30% off on all Internet packages.

I'm also seeing 20% off on the Select Beverage Package. I was planning to get the Ultimate package for my wife, but I no longer see it as an option. I'm assuming that's because of the 20% off. Is this expected? Or is there a way to also get the 20% off on the Ultimate package as well?

At a minimum, I thought I'd share the information with anyone else on this sailing.

Mark

You can purchase the Select package with the discount now, and upgrade to whatever package you want onboard. It's not as good as getting the full 20% discount on the Ultimate package up front, but you would still get some benefit from the discount.

I am sailing on June 18th and I also can't bring up the Ultimate pkg on my Cruise Planner, so I called yesterday and they gave me this story that they are upgrading the system and 20% off will be on there soon. I made sure that he made a note on my reservation and as of !0am this morning still no Ultimate pkg. But on my March Harmony reservation it list the Ultimate Pkg minus the 20%. go figure?

Hi All,

My family and I are sailing on Oasis on June 4th. This morning I'm seeing a couple of discounts in my cruise planner. First, I'm seeing a 30% off on all Internet packages.

I'm also seeing 20% off on the Select Beverage Package. I was planning to get the Ultimate package for my wife, but I no longer see it as an option. I'm assuming that's because of the 20% off. Is this expected? Or is there a way to also get the 20% off on the Ultimate package as well?

At a minimum, I thought I'd share the information with anyone else on this sailing.

Mark

DH and I both had the Preimum Drink package, and there were a couple of threads of people calling to get the discount, even though it didn't show on the website.

We called and were able to save 200.00 on the Premium. I would call.

We are on the sailing right after you.:D:D

I don't suppose Replenish might get 20% off?

Can't hurt to call and ask. Some have reported being able to get discounts on packages that were not listed in their cruise planner.

I don't suppose Replenish might get 20% off?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you do find out it is included can you let us know. I did call and they said no but we know how that goes, others may get a different answer

Can't hurt to call and ask. Some have reported being able to get discounts on packages that were not listed in their cruise planner.

Really?! Is there some secret code word? [emoji24] I just tried calling and they just said "there's no discount on the replenish."

I just purchased the replenish yesterday so maybe they're seeing it on my account and not giving me the option. Maybe if I cancel it and then call?

I just wanted to post a follow up on this topic. I called tonight and after several holds got at least some information. First, I was told that there is some glitch in the system at the moment (not sure I buy that one). The current sale is for 20% off for all alcohol packages on Allure or 9 night or longer cruises. But they seem to think that it also should include Oasis sailings as well. They asked me to call back in 72 hours, at which point the glitch should be resolved.

Has anyone had a similar experience or been able to purchase the premium or ultimate package on an Oasis sailing in June?

Mark

I was trying to buy the drink package for my kids for our July Anthem cruise ( no discount) and it tells me that it can't add to my cart. I did read somewhere on another thread recently that there is a glitch in the system

Lisa

Hi Mark,

We are on the same sailing and one of my friends who is going with us called Sunday and got the ultimate package for $356 total for the week. I then called today and they told me my premium package for 2 of us would be $388/person, so this makes no sense that the ultimate would be less. And it's not much of a savings, about $20/pp over what I already had paid. I took the discounted price for now and figured I could cancel and re-book again if I finally end up getting closer to the 20% discount.

I guess we will have to wait a few days and see what happens. I won't tell the rest of the 16 people in our group there is a discount until I know for sure they will get the 20% off.. I'm still totally confused...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm on oasis on May 21 and all alcoholic packages are 20% off. Must call. Not the non alcoholic packages though.

Very disappointing. Just called RCI and they told me the 20% off price was $404 with grats and tips.

I told her that comes out to $57 per day, which is not the discount...she said it was.

I think she's wrong.

-Michael

I don't understand I called several times before making my final decision and with the sale was told more then once that Select was $237.89, premium $310.58 and ultimate $356.83. I chose premium and was charged $310.58 total nothing added for tax or tip.

So I was confused like everyone else. The 20% off popped up in my cruise planner. At the rack rate of $49/day plus 18% gratuity the price should be $57.82/day, or $404.74 for the week, but when I added it to my cart it was $389. I know that I am bad at math, but my calculator says that 20% off of $404.74 should be about $323. I called Royal Caribbean and am on the phone with them now. They apologized, but they claim that this is a mistake and should not have shown up in the cruise planner and that they would not honor he 20% off.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to deal with this? I think that this is crap and am not happy with this company as this is the second time that they have screwed me on this cruise out of something that was advertised online, only to "book" something and to find out that it was a bait and switch.

As for the internet, it is 30% off online.

However a RCI blog indicated that if I prepurchase, that I can take my C&A coupon I receive onboard and get that discount as a OBC.

Does anyone know if this will be honored with the additional 30% pre-paid discount?

As for the internet, it is 30% off online.

However a RCI blog indicated that if I prepurchase, that I can take my C&A coupon I receive onboard and get that discount as a OBC.

Does anyone know if this will be honored with the additional 30% pre-paid discount?

I've not heard of that happening, but it's worth a try when you get onboard. Please report back.

So I was confused like everyone else. The 20% off popped up in my cruise planner. At the rack rate of $49/day plus 18% gratuity the price should be $57.82/day, or $404.74 for the week, but when I added it to my cart it was $389. I know that I am bad at math, but my calculator says that 20% off of $404.74 should be about $323. I called Royal Caribbean and am on the phone with them now. They apologized, but they claim that this is a mistake and should not have shown up in the cruise planner and that they would not honor he 20% off.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to deal with this? I think that this is crap and am not happy with this company as this is the second time that they have screwed me on this cruise out of something that was advertised online, only to "book" something and to find out that it was a bait and switch.

I just got off the phone with them. This is certainly a game they are playing. I agree that the price for the premium package was $49/day. Including gratuity the should be a total of $404.74 per person for the week. But the price in the cruise planner is $388.22, which is a 4.1% discount. I also agree that the 20% discount price should be around $323 for the week.

BTW, the rep on the phone did confirm that the full price is $49 per day. Where do I go from here?

Mark