Taking kids to evening shows?

AshNicole331

This is the first time that we're cruising with the kids (2 & 6 years old) - We will be on Royal Caribbean. I've never paid attention before, but do most people bring kids to the evening shows? I understand some are "adult themed" at times...but generally, are kids welcome to the shows?

It really depends on the kids and the shows. On Allure of the Seas DD went to all the shows except the adult themed ones. At 2 she loved them all. Had we gone go any of the adult ones we would have left her in the nursery.

On MSC they actually take the kid's club to the theater shows.

On Disney (4 years old) she wanted no part of the shows so we didn't force her.

A month before my daughter's first cruise (at 23 months), we took her to Blue's Clues Live which gave her exposure to a lot of people in the audience (albeit mostly little ones her age) and a lot of music and dancing. We took her to a show on the ship, and sat in the back just in case we needed to make a quick escape. She enjoyed herself and from then on, we would often take her to the big production shows (eventually she would take music lessons and perform in recitals and in summer and school musical theater shows). She would be a better audience member than some of the adults at the shows we've gone too (talking during the shows).

I've found that the cruise directors (who put together the daily newsletters) are good about putting warnings about any risque shows. Make sure to read the info carefully about this and whether children can be allowed near the front (usually they're not).

I always brought my kids, except for the adult shows. Most of the time they enjoyed them. Twice we've left because they were squirmy and I didn't want to bother others. I try to sit on the end so if we need to exit we can without much interruption

It really depends on the kids and the shows. On Allure of the Seas DD went to all the shows except the adult themed ones. At 2 she loved them all. Had we gone go any of the adult ones we would have left her in the nursery.

On MSC they actually take the kid's club to the theater shows.

On Disney (4 years old) she wanted no part of the shows so we didn't force her.

We have booked all our show for Allure and it was only the Comedy show where there was an age restriction.

OP...it probably depends on your kids . we did a Disney cruise when my kids were your kids. Our 6 year old went to all of them. Our 2.5 year old was able to stay up for 2 shows during the week.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

My kids always love the shows so we go as a family. They like the costumes music and dancing. When they were smaller we would sit towards the back so if we had to make a quick exit we would. Most of the time they sat through the entire thing without a problem. The only one we found they were bored at was the comedy shows.

On our last cruise my daughter was 14 months and we went to two shows. She slept through the first one, but the second she was wide awake so we sat at the back but she was too squirmy, so we had to leave soon after.

Our upcoming cruise she'll now be 3 and our son will be 14 months. I'm really not sure how it will go. I'm hopeful we'll be able to go to some shows, but we'll definitely sit near the back so we can make an easy exit if necessary.

• 4 months later...

We are going with our kids and grandkids for their first cruise next year on Allure. Can we take strollers into the theatre if we go at the back where the disabled/wheelchairs bit is or is that not allowed? Never taken any notice before on our many cruises! With a 20 month old and a 3 year old we aren't sure they will stay awake! :confused:

We are going with our kids and grandkids for their first cruise next year on Allure. Can we take strollers into the theatre if we go at the back where the disabled/wheelchairs bit is or is that not allowed? Never taken any notice before on our many cruises! With a 20 month old and a 3 year old we aren't sure they will stay awake! :confused:

I would just be mindful not to take a space where a wheelchair bound person and their companion would need to sit.

• 3 weeks later...

allure has extra hall 'space' up in the balcony section along the wall that would work if there are others needing the handicapped seating. (Just Make sure u aren't in the wait staff's path)