4/3/14-need transport-from Civitavecchia to FCO airport Rome, Italy

cruise-quest

I am not sure if we can make our flight from ship to airport.

We are on the Cunard Cruise: Mediterranean Odyssey from 10/24 to 11/14/2014. I separately booked the cruise and the airline tickets without realizing how far away they are [31 miles].

Our airline ticket leaves FCO Rome at 12:55 pm to Minneapolis,MN. Now I am not sure if we will make in time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

rick

need transport-from Civitavecchia to FCO airport Rome, Italy

There is no hassle getting off the ship. You will need a bit of time to go through security at terminal 5 before you will be transferred to your flight terminal. Don't think your flight time will be a problem.

There is no such thing as a "sure thing", but you should be able to make you flight. I would suggest you self disembark to get a quick start, and arrange for your own car service to the airport. A bit more costly than a shared ride, but that would avoid a possible delay.

Unless something unusual happens, like the ship arriving late to port, you should be fine. I think our flight out of Rome last time left just a little later, and we had too much time, actually.

Get off as early as you can and book either a private or shared ride to the airport. We've used Bob's Limo several times with good success. Sometimes you can find others who want to share a ride on your roll call.

Are you traveling on an American airline or an European one?

If traveling on an European airline your usually OK with less than 2 hours before your flight. DD has done this many, many times FCO-LAX, usually on Lufthansa, BA or Alitalia. For the European airlines you check in according to your destination and flight. Also, you do not have to take off your shoes, etc. Although we have had to separate our electrnics on occasion.

If traveling on an American airline you will go to the Terminal 5 outbuilding for processing and checkin. Allow extra time to get to the actual terminal for boarding. (There are usually several armed security above in the catwalk.)