Heads-Up: Celebrity offering 10% discount on Beverage Packages when booked in advance

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I noticed this Celebrity post on Twitter, and wanted to share it with our Cruise Critic community :

Our Summer Beverage Package offer is here! Save 10% when you book your Classic or Premium Beverage Packages in advance.

I do not have a link to share at the moment. If this interests you, I suggest contacting Celebrity for additional information. Hope this saves you some $$$ :)

This is the email I received the other day regarding this promotion:

Save 10% on select beverage packages

when you book before your cruise

Dear Beth:

There's no better way to enhance your Celebrity cruise vacation than with one of our beverage packages. And now, for sailings between August 6 and December 1, 2015, save when you visit Cruise Planner and pre-book your beverage package before August 1, 2015.

Arrange for a beverage package now and start enjoying a wide variety of beverage choices, including your favorite cocktails, premium coffees, wine by the glass, endless refills of sodas, featuring Coca-Cola® products, and unlimited bottled water the moment you step onboard.

Classic Beverage Packages are 10% off PLUS you get:

• Up to a 15% discount* on all wines by the bottle purchased onboard, even our prized Reserve Wine

list and Rare Wine.

Premium Beverage Packages are 10% off PLUS you get:

• Complimentary Riedel Coca-Cola® Tasting Experience.

• A Riedel Coca-Cola® glass to provide the optimal Coca-Cola® flavor.

• Up to a 20% discount* on all wines by the bottle purchased onboard, even our prized Reserve Wine

list and Rare Wine.

I wonder if that's also good for an upgrade from classic to premium?

No. It does not apply to upgrades to Premium.

Fine Print: * Discount is for full-priced classic and premium alcoholic beverage packages only and does not apply to upgrades. (e.g., upgrade from complimentary promotional Classic package to Premium Package.) Applicable sailings beginning on or after 8/6/15 through sail dates beginning on or before 12/1/15.

Edited by gimletgal

The're going to be lucky finding many that don't already have one included in their package the way it's going.

In general the inside cabins don't get a free package. There are quite a few inside cabins on most X ships.

Pat

Hi Everyone,

I noticed this Celebrity post on Twitter, and wanted to share it with our Cruise Critic community :

Our Summer Beverage Package offer is here! Save 10% when you book your Classic or Premium Beverage Packages in advance.

Hope this saves you some $$$ :)

It did save us quiet a bit!!! Thank you for posting this because for some reason we are once again not getting any email messages from Celebrity.

I just got off the phone with the Captain's Club and they did their usual great job. We just got $204 in additional OBC on our upcoming TA on the Silhouette. We had already purchased the Premium Alcoholic Beverage Package for each of us (no 1-2-3 Go on a TA cruise).

Without Cruise Critics and this post we probably would not have been aware of the promo and consequently would not have the additional $024 OBC as the refund.

Thanks again!!!!

Everyone have a safe and a happy 4th of July.

Edited by Pilot70D

Does Celebrity read what's posted here???

I wonder. However, two days after I posted the preceding message an email from Celebrity (the first one in many moons) popped up in my In Basket announcing the new Celebrity pricing. I doubt if I will ever find out why email started coming in but I am glad to get the messages from Celebrity.

Another good thing happened before this though. I got a follow up email from the Captains Club person with whom I spoke to get the $204 credit. She said that because of the way their OBC amounts worked they couldn't credit me with $204 so they would have to credit me with $225!!!!

WOW, thanks Host Andy and thank you Celebrity. BTW, I did not turn down the additional twenty one dollars.

:D:D:D

I know I saw a thread about this and called this evening to book it for my husband. I was told it is no longer available. Is that correct?

Here's the thread with the information I posted last week : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2229834

BTW, I'm merging this thread, into the existing one. Hope this helps !

Andy, thanks so much!

I took a screen shot of the tweet and called Captain's Club.

Spoke to a great rep named Joe who was unaware of the promo but went ahead with booking to see if the discount applied.

Sure enough, it is loaded into the system.

I was so impressed with his level of professionalism that I requested to speak to his supervisor

Chelsea who was equally as charming.

I told her that I've been in the Service Industry my entire life and she is lucky to have him on her team.

Andy, if we ever sail on the same ship, I will buy you a cocktail or three if you don't buy the package.

Thanks again!

No. It does not apply to upgrades to Premium.

Fine Print: * Discount is for full-priced classic and premium alcoholic beverage packages only and does not apply to upgrades. (e.g., upgrade from complimentary promotional Classic package to Premium Package.) Applicable sailings beginning on or after 8/6/15 through sail dates beginning on or before 12/1/15.

It does not applied to non-alcoholic packages either...

This is sort of on the same topic of 10% off the purchase of beverage packages. I had read the Elite + would be able to also receive the 10% discount either before the cruise or on board. Does anyone have any experience with this?

• 3 weeks later...

I just called Captains Club to have a beverage package added to my upcoming Oct. 2015 TA and take advantage of the 10% discount. I was told by the representative that only some people got this email and qualify for the savings. And I am not able to get it. (I am Elite if that matters.)

Does this make sense? Any suggestions?

All people should be able to take advantage of the offer if they are booking/sailing within the parameters X has set. I would recheck the info you received. Something sounds wrong. Perhaps they are now limiting it to certain booking categories?? Another joke on us....

I had already purchased my beverage packages when I saw this thread. I called to try and have the discount applied as an OBC like others have stated they were able to get...however after 45 minutes on the phone w/ Captains Club & the resolutions team they said they were unable to issue it as an OBC :confused::confused::confused:

Their only solution was to refund me my $ for the packages and then have me repurchase them w/ the discount. Its a $100+ so I bit the bullet and had them do that.

Edited by sarahc78

After a bit of confusion and two calls we were able to purchase one Classic and one Premium package with the 10% off discounted price. It was available online, but it did not include the Riedel Coca-Cola® Tasting Experience. I was told that the Riedel Coca-Cola Tasting and glass would be handled once on board.

Edited by SeeJennyCruise