Radiance Class Cabin 9576 (coveted even with centrum noise?)

TAPNKEGS

I know this location is subjective. That being said, our favorite cabins are 9078 or 9076 on the Radiance Class ships. The Centrum noise, if any, does not bother us. We love the extra large balcony and the convenience of being midship - - close to staircases making it quite easy to get anywhere we'd like to go. We have never been bothered by noises from the elevators or people passing by the cabin. Enjoy!

You just made my day! We are booked on 9076 next week and are really looking forward to it. Our kids are older and we don't need a silent room at 8:30. I really felt we would be fine and would enjoy the balcony and location but was getting overwhelmed by the negative reports. Thanks for taking the time to post another view.

We were in 8088 on the Serenade on Feb. 26. We were usually in our room by 10 to 10:30pm and did not have a problem with the noise as the fire doors were closed each evening at 10pm. This was a ten day cruise and would book this cabin and the amazing balcony again in a heart beat.

We stayed in 7594 on Serenade this past 11 days. When the fire door is open the noise is loud. It wouldn't keep me awake, but ti is like a loud TV in the hall. When the door is closed it is perceptible but not much more. When people would come through the door it was loud.

For anyone that wants to know, there is a white flip up switch to close the emergency door. Many nights I closed it early because we had early excursions.

Edited by ncsteeler

A few weeks ago we were in 9078 on the Brilliance. LOVED the location!! Because there's elevators on only one side of the ship, we never got turned around getting off the elevator! :rolleyes: The cabin was literally right there. If you want to nap or sleep earlier than midnight, noise could be a problem. Never bothered us but we didn't nap or go to bed before midnight.

I will say we didn't care at all for the balcony. Yes, it's huge but it's like being in a metal tunnel! We commented several times we'd wished we had a regular balcony. Remember, this is just our opinion.

We're about to be a lot happier in our center hump JS on the Navigator!! :D

Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on Radiance next year and will be travelling with a 3 year old. We have booked cabin 8584 as I liked the idea of being on the hump and being able to look both directions. Our daughter doesn't have any problem sleeping with some quiet music going but I am now worried that the noise might be too loud, especially if one of us goes out later and night and needs to open the door!

I might have to rethink our cabin location :(

We will be on Radiance next year and will be travelling with a 3 year old. We have booked cabin 8584 as I liked the idea of being on the hump and being able to look both directions. Our daughter doesn't have any problem sleeping with some quiet music going but I am now worried that the noise might be too loud, especially if one of us goes out later and night and needs to open the door!

I might have to rethink our cabin location :(

8584 is just far enough down the hall that it will be pretty quiet, especially with the fire door closed. I wouldn't reconsider. It's a great central location

We came off Serenade last Monday and had 9076, just two off the Centrum and on the hump.

Was the Centrum loud in the evening? Yes...but they did have the fire doors closed every single night (not sure what time they were closed as we rarely returned to our stateroom before 11-11:30 for the night). The few times we stopped back in the room earlier in the evening the noise from the Centrum was muffled SIGNIFICANTLY with those fire doors closed and once in the stateroom we honestly couldn't hear it at all.

Absolutely loved 9076 with the angled larger balcony that faced forward. Gorgeous views and fully protected. Being mid-ship and just two decks below the pool/Windjammer and 3 decks above dining/entertainment/shopping meant we almost never needed the elevators. Would book this cabin again in a heartbeat.

8584 is just far enough down the hall that it will be pretty quiet, especially with the fire door closed. I wouldn't reconsider. It's a great central location

Oops... actually got the cabin number wrong by one deck, I have booked 9584 :o

9584 is directly in the middle of the hump, seems to be blocks by a wall on the centrium but would not have any fire doors in the way.

Oops... actually got the cabin number wrong by one deck, I have booked 9584 :o

9584 is directly in the middle of the hump, seems to be blocks by a wall on the centrium but would not have any fire doors in the way.

Even better the wall makes it quiet. When we walked through there you could hear hardly anything

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
We were in 8088 on the Serenade on Feb. 26. We were usually in our room by 10 to 10:30pm and did not have a problem with the noise as the fire doors were closed each evening at 10pm. This was a ten day cruise and would book this cabin and the amazing balcony again in a heart beat.

So glad to hear this. I just booked this cabin for the 10-day cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver in May 2018. I know it's far off, but It's something great to look forward to. (I have 2 cruises before that, so I'm not going to suffer.)

• 3 weeks later...

8102 on the jewel transatlantic was the noisiest room ever!!! Will not ever book it again. The room was literally vibrating during the disco party. Went to guest services and the phones were ringing off the hook with complaints. It was 11:30pm. Not too happy.

We had Cabin 1554 on our Radiance trip, basically "your upstairs neighbor."

Could we hear music? Yes, but the point was it didn't go on 24/7 at all hours. We did late dining, maybe had a couple drinks before retiring, and by that time whatever was going on in the Centrum had concluded or was soon to end. Mildly annoying, but not a vacation destroyer.

Our big thing was the Card Room, as apparently many folks feel their score in Dominos is increased by how hard they can slam theirs on the table. Being one floor down, I don't think this is as big a factor for you.

The cruise after was on Serenade, conscious of what happened (though safely knowing the card room there was elsewhere), we tried to get a little further away from the Centrum; but on Serenade they were very, very, very good about keeping the fire doors separating the cabins from the Centrum closed in the evening hours. That really made a difference.

Edited by MichaelCMTX

• 10 months later...

I stayed in 9584 in January 2017 on Radiance. Whilst noise is a personal thing, I didn't find it noisy at all and I am a light sleeper. Once inside the cabin I could not hear anything. I had to be right at the door listening hard to hear anything from outside.

The hallway and doors to the cabins around that area is separated from the Centrium via a Wall which blocks a lot of the sound.

Hope this helps anyone who is interested.

• 6 months later...

We booked 9582 on the Serenade for next October. I'm more concerned with the balcony size than noise. On the deck plans it looks like part of the balcony might get cut off due to the curve. Anyone know if this balcony is smaller than the standard size?

We booked 9582 on the Serenade for next October. I'm more concerned with the balcony size than noise. On the deck plans it looks like part of the balcony might get cut off due to the curve. Anyone know if this balcony is smaller than the standard size?

Our experience has been that the deck plans for Radiance class are fairly accurate as far as balcony shapes. In the case of 9582, I think the cut off portion is minimal.

As others have said, it all depends on your tolerance. We were there once; we will never be there again. The "soundproof, steel" door is required to be closed after a certain time--don't remember when it was to be. However, people coming and going leave it open most of the time. Many times I stomped out to close the door, and almost by the time I had closed the door to the cabin, the soundproof door was open again. The noise was terrible (for me). The bass thudded and the melody could be clearly heard in the cabin. I complained--many, many times. We were on a b2b, and fortunately, the 2nd week we were in a different cabin. Royal came through with obc for a future sailing, but even if I knew beforehand that enough complaining would result in a nice offer from Royal, I would never be in the cabin again.

Our experience has been that the deck plans for Radiance class are fairly accurate as far as balcony shapes. In the case of 9582, I think the cut off portion is minimal.

Thanks. One more question, for this ship class, do the balcony dividers on the hump cabins open?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 8 months later...

Cabin #9576 on Radiance class ships is our favorite. We have sailed in this cabin probably 3 or 4 times on different ships, however, not recently. We never heard any noise once the door was closed and I am very sensitive to noise when I am trying to sleep. That being said I think I read somewhere on these boards awhile ago that the sound systems for the Centrum music, shows , etc. were upgraded which translates to louder perhaps, so there may be more noise now than previously. Can't say for sure , but just something to be aware of. In our experience it was an ideal cabin. I hope it works for you! :D