How much does laundry detergent cost on Queen Elizabeth? Thanks.

alert

The last time we were on QE the detergent was free. It comes in the dissolvable "pods" (can't think of a better word). They are in a metal container located on the laundry room wall.. You just throw one in the washer and away you go. I like to bring a dryer sheet because they don't have softener.

Edited by alibabacruisers

Well I have never seen a charge just, as others have said, the free "capsules" in a container on the wall.

We last cruised in July and there was certainly no charge then.

If there is a charge it must be new and therefore only those who have cruised very recently will be able to help you.

Edited by CABINET

I, too, was confused with that statement on the website. As of last week, those detergent pods were free on the QM2. I think there were fancier alternatives for sale in one of the shops on board so maybe that's the conflict in information?

Web site says there is a $. I have never sailed Cunard before but am doing a world cruise Jan 2016 on QV and it will make a difference if I bring my own pods or not. Thanks

Just looked at FAQ....

Are there laundry facilities on board?

Self Service

There are self service launderettes on board which are complimentary with washing machines, tumble dryers and ironing facilities which are available from around 7.30am until 9pm*. Washing detergent is also complimentary.

Actually thinking it through further, even if there was a charge and I would be very surprised if there were, I doubt it would be very much.

I suspect that the product that is supplied is the correct product for the machines and the rather special environment that is a ship.

If one can afford a world cruise I doubt that the cost of detergent would break the bank.

If one can afford a world cruise I doubt that the cost of detergent would break the bank.

Just the thought of having to find proper change for a vending machine makes cringe. I once had to do without a much needed band aide on a Celebrity ship because of no change. I only bring bills in a travel wallet. :eek:

Just the thought of having to find proper change for a vending machine makes cringe. I once had to do without a much needed band aide on a Celebrity ship because of no change. I only bring bills in a travel wallet. :eek:

Ah good point. I had assumed that if one had to pay for something it would "sold" in one of the shops and charged to the stateroom card. I didn't think actual money was used anywhere on a ship.

Disney charges for the washer/dryers/detergent but they are all set up to accept your key card and charged to your cabin. No change for vending machines needed!

On my last Cunard cruise I remember thinking (while waiting in the laundrette) that I wished Cunard did charge a small fee. Maybe some people wouldn't use a washer or dryer for only three or four items.:eek:

They were free the two times I have been onboard.

I quite enjoyed my visit to the laundry onboard… Very social place… :)

I got bored and folded some peoples clothing that people had taken out of the dryer and just dumped into a basket and onto the ironing board… Just to pass the time… :D

It was most definitely free on the QV in the summer. It was with trepidation that I used the laundry for the first time ever. I'd read on here about the arguments and stresses of doing your washing. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it was a very sociable occasion made quite hilarious by the company I kept in there. It really was quite a fun experience!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They were free the two times I have been onboard.

I quite enjoyed my visit to the laundry onboard… Very social place… :)

I got bored and folded some peoples clothing that people had taken out of the dryer and just dumped into a basket and onto the ironing board… Just to pass the time… :D

Mmmm that's your BA training service for you ;) :D