Rome Hotel 3 Adults

lightsleeper

Can anyone make a suggestion as to a hotel for several nights precruise in Rome for three adults. Need more than a double bed and a sofa bed....ideally three beds

Would like to be in walking distance for most sights if possible

Not worried about price

Can anyone make a suggestion as to a hotel for several nights precruise in Rome for three adults. Need more than a double bed and a sofa bed....ideally three beds

Not worried about price

Rome hotel rooms can be on the small side and 3 beds in one room would be rare I think...why not 2 rooms midrange price. Check out Venere.com as well as read through some pages on this board.You could aslo check out ren ing an apt. I am sure you will get a lot of replies.

We stayed at the Albergo Santa Chiara right around the corner from the Pantheon. We found it to be convenient to all the sights and restaurants. Our room was quite large and had a couch in it - I am not sure if it was a pull out couch or not. Our room could easily sleep three as it was quite large. The breakfast was included and delicious. I think the cost was maybe 230-250 euro. We found it in the Rick Steeves travel book and we got a discount as we mentioned his book.

For several nights I also suggest renting an apartment. I am sitting in our apartment in Rome right now typing this….. it is right off of Piazza Navonna and very nice….. 2 bedroom 2 bath. And LOTS CHEAPER THAN HOTELS !!!

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.sleepinitaly.com/rome/navona-pantheon-apartments/apartment-arco-pace-gold?r=s

This is a link to the apartment we recently stayed in as requested.

Anna Maria (the owner) was so helpful and nice. The apartment was spotless, spacious and the location was wonderful…….

I would stay here again !!!

Both bedrooms are upstairs tho….. hide a bed in living room downstairs so not ideal for someone who can't do stairs……. other than that - perfect :D

Domus Aurelia is about 10 blocks from the Vatican, so not great for walking to the various sights. We purchased HO/HO 48 hours pass, taxi to Vatican and HO HO from there. Did the Northern Sector one day, and the Southern Sector the next day. We are two older ladies with mobility issues, so it worked well for us. We had asked for twin beds, but the room we were given was huge with 3 beds and a small balcony. The cost was 94 EUR in 2008 and now is listed at 108 EUR, so pricing still reasonable.

I had originally looked at other hotels, but when I went to actually book for October, prices had doubled. I wasn't about to pay $200-300 to sleep and shower in a room. Apartments wanted large deposits as well as the rental fee, so settled on the Domus Aurelia. It isn't fancy, but it fit the bill for us.

Have a Plan "A", then have a Plan "B" for when A falls apart, and still be prepared to go with the flow when everything falls apart. Take half as many clothes as you think you need and twice the money. Have fun planning and then taking your trip!

This is a great favourite of mine. If you can get the top floor suite it has everything including its own large terrace and lounge. Cant tell you how much it is because we got upgraded from a 135 euro room. Staff are great, breakfast too and in a good location close to a hop-on-hop-off tour bus stop

You can reach them direct here: info@hotel-la-residenza.com or of course use one of the hotel booking sites (booking.com is my preferred one)

Not worried about price

Last September pre-cruise we stayed at Hotel Navona - there were 3 adults and we got a room that had 3 single beds in it. We didn't find it cramped at all even with 3 large suitcases and carry-ons. The hotel is very close to Piazza Navona. It's not, however, within walking distance to the sights though so it may not be what you are looking for but check it out.

Last September pre-cruise we stayed at Hotel Navona - there were 3 adults and we got a room that had 3 single beds in it. We didn't find it cramped at all even with 3 large suitcases and carry-ons. The hotel is very close to Piazza Navona. It's not, however, within walking distance to the sights though so it may not be what you are looking for but check it out.

Anything close to Piazza Navonna is within walking distance to most sites. Not sure why you would say otherwise ? We have stayed in 2 apartments right off Piazza Navonna and walked to everything. Vatican, Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo, Coliseum/Forum, Pantheon, etc……

I always tell people, get a good map. Find all the sites you want to visit (I mark them in big red dots) and then connect the dots :D The spot in the middle is where you want to stay.:D

Second recommendation for Albergo del Senato, my favorite one :)

My favorite hotel in Rome also……. but they have gotten really really expensive. We now stay in apartments and save a ton of $$ while having a lot more room.

Anything close to Piazza Navonna is within walking distance to most sites. Not sure why you would say otherwise ? We have stayed in 2 apartments right off Piazza Navonna and walked to everything. Vatican, Spanish Steps, Piazza del Popolo, Coliseum/Forum, Pantheon, etc……

I always tell people, get a good map. Find all the sites you want to visit (I mark them in big red dots) and then connect the dots :D The spot in the middle is where you want to stay.:D

That has me scratching my head as well. :confused:

Piazza Navona is walking distance to most sites except perhaps the Vatican, if one is able to walk and understands the Centro Historico is not large. If not, then nothing is really going to be walking distance...

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed in Rome with three .

First time we stayed at Best Western Hotel Canada, near the Termini. Old building, former convent, fabulous breakfast, three beds the room.

Next time we stayed at Hotel Regno, near all the historic sites. We booked two in a double room and one in a single room, which worked out well. Prices are reasonable. Breakfast fine, Single room is small but worked out well

• 3 weeks later...