Monterey, California Tender Port

Kenosha Cruiser

For those cruisers who have been to Monterey, California. I was wondering which of the two wharfs will Princess tender into? One is the Municipal Wharf and the other is Fisherman's Wharf where many restaurant and shops are located. We will be there this coming spring in March on the Ruby Princess.

For those cruisers who have been to Monterey, California. I was wondering which of the two wharfs will Princess tender into? One is the Municipal Wharf and the other is Fisherman's Wharf where many restaurant and shops are located. We will be there this coming spring in March on the Ruby Princess.

I do not know the answer but I can tell the area is not that big - would guess in walking distance of each other.

Here is a map for a Ruby cruise in March, not sure if it is yours. It shows the municipal pier if you click on Monterrey.

****************************/cruise-k107420-pacific-coast-ruby-princess-los-angeles-ca

Hope the link works. This is a very useful website and so far all info I've taken from it has been right.

Jim

I live in Monterey and I think the ship's tenders go to Fisherman's Wharf, but I'm not positive. The other 2 piers in Monterey, Wharf #2 and the Coast Guard Pier are all very close to one another. It's possible to walk from any of them to Cannery Row or the Aquarium but you might prefer to take the free tourist trolley. You can download a pdf of its route at mst.org.

The two piers are a parking lot apart. From either you can walk two blocks into downtown or a short walk along the water to Cannery Row. Downtown has a bunch of great places to eat and Cannery Row has the world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium at the end. All within walking distance.

The Wharf Marketplace out in the parking lot has excellent chowder, sandwiches, local produce and other treats.

The wharf itself has many restaurants hawking their chowder. In addition, there are several souvenir and candy shops.

There is a little park across the street with a small lake where you can rent paddle boats.

Carmel is wonderful, but you would need a ride to and from. Same for Pebble Beach and or the 17 mile drive.

We live 40 minutes away and go very often.

I do not know the answer but I can tell the area is not that big - would guess in walking distance of each other.

If I remember right, it's about 1/2 mile between the two so probably out of reach for just walking.

We are hoping to walk to the aquarium when we tender in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a very nice walk, probably about 2 miles, maybe a little less. The walk takes you through Cannery Row. You'll probably spy some sea otters and seals.

It's a very nice walk, probably about 2 miles, maybe a little less. The walk takes you through Cannery Row. You'll probably spy some sea otters and seals.

I've seen a free shuttle mentioned. Should we decide to only walk one way, will it be operating in October or is it seasonal?

I've seen a free shuttle mentioned. Should we decide to only walk one way, will it be operating in October or is it seasonal?

Oh, I'm sorry; I should have checked before recommending the trolley. After Labor Day, it does run only on weekends. I called MST this morning and asked it they were going to put on a special trolley when cruise ships were in port and that said that, as of now, they have no plans to do that. However, it seems that other people have called or emailed with the same question, so if I hear that they have decided to put a trolley in service, I'll post that info here.

The two piers are a parking lot apart. From either you can walk two blocks into downtown or a short walk along the water to Cannery Row. Downtown has a bunch of great places to eat and Cannery Row has the world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium at the end. All within walking distance.

The Wharf Marketplace out in the parking lot has excellent chowder, sandwiches, local produce and other treats.

The wharf itself has many restaurants hawking their chowder. In addition, there are several souvenir and candy shops.

There is a little park across the street with a small lake where you can rent paddle boats.

Carmel is wonderful, but you would need a ride to and from. Same for Pebble Beach and or the 17 mile drive.

We live 40 minutes away and go very often.

Tonyweir, thanks for the info on Fisherman's Wharf. I'm glad we will be tendering here and will check out the Wharf Marketplace for chowder. Really looking forward to visiting Monterey as we have never been there. Also plan to hit a couple brewpubs while in town. :)

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

HKM....it is so thoughtful of you to think and work for cruisers visiting your area. Is there an email address that we can send a trolley request to?

Judith

The email address would be customerservice@mst.org. (mst is Monterey-Salinas Transit).

Yesterday, I walked from Fisherman's Wharf to the Aquarium. It's a little less than 1 1/2 miles.

The email address would be customerservice@mst.org. (mst is Monterey-Salinas Transit).

Yesterday, I walked from Fisherman's Wharf to the Aquarium. It's a little less than 1 1/2 miles.

HKM, very doable walk from Fisherman's Wharf to the Aquarium. Your lucky to enjoy walks in a scenic city on the Pacific coast. Thanks for you input, really looking forward to visiting Monterey next March on the Ruby Princess. :)

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I also emailed ref site and they said the free trolley will run on weekends only after labor day. Do let us know thru this forum if there is a change. We purchased our aquarium tickets thru the Presidio of Monterey and obtained them half the ship's cost. We'll see you all onboard Oct 21 at San Pedro.

Hello. I also emailed ref site and they said the free trolley will run on weekends only after labor day. Do let us know thru this forum if there is a change. We purchased our aquarium tickets thru the Presidio of Monterey and obtained them half the ship's cost. We'll see you all onboard Oct 21 at San Pedro.

I seem to remember from our last coastal cruise that there were bicycle cabs transporting quests back & forth between Fisherman's Wharf to Cannery row. We have never used one but may need to as I have an "orthopedically challenged" knee. Do any of you know the price of that service?