Buying Wine in Seattle

cpl100

Would like to buy two bottles of champagne while in Seattle. Will be staying at the Kimpton Palladian. Any recommendations for nearby liquor store? What hours do are your liquor establishments usually open?

Thanks!

I plan on going to Total Wine and getting our bubbly before our cruise to carry onboard - they have the best prices. There are a few of them in the Seattle area.

Thanks for the tip but it appears too far to walk. Not interested in taking a cab to a liquor store.

There is a wine store at the north end of Pike Place Market called Pike and Western. Also a Target on 2nd just a bit south of your hotel. If you go through the market, there is also a DeLaurent's which may have some champagne.

• 1 month later...
Would like to buy two bottles of champagne while in Seattle. Will be staying at the Kimpton Palladian. Any recommendations for nearby liquor store? What hours do are your liquor establishments usually open?

Thanks!

there is a Target where you can buy 3 blocks away on 2nd ave

Don't do it man! I bought a bottle of brandy and butterscotch liquour. Normally, in California my brandy is around $20 and the brandy around $9. I walked out of Fred Meyers thinking, what the heck did I buy for $90?

I would put the website in. Then put in a Washington zip code and see what prices come up. Then make a decision about buying in Washington as opposed to having it in your suitcase or buying on board.

We are not going into town, just SEA and then to Cedarbrook Lodge. Any place along there? How about the airport?

Thanks for your help.

Cedarbrook Lodge is a superb lodging choice, but I can't think of any wine shops or other stores stocking a nice selection of wine that are within walking distance. Minimarts may have wine, but selection is usually basic and limited.

There is a "Made in Washington" store at SeaTac airport outside security in the main concourse. There should be Washington wines available for purchase.

(We Washingtonians are proud of our wine!)

Don't do it man! I bought a bottle of brandy and butterscotch liquour. Normally, in California my brandy is around $20 and the brandy around $9. I walked out of Fred Meyers thinking, what the heck did I buy for $90?

I would put the website in. Then put in a Washington zip code and see what prices come up. Then make a decision about buying in Washington as opposed to having it in your suitcase or buying on board.

Yes, when WA privatized their alcohol sales, they put some hefty taxes on it, along with rules on how the prices must be presented. If you're going to buy here, ask how the taxing works so you at least know what the surprise will be at the register.

Yes, we pay high sales tax on certain items, but we don't pay state tax. Being from Cali. originally, I would rather pay more for alcohol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...