Can I take soft drinks

happytrish40

You can tape a luggage tag on each of them and give them to a porter.

We put ours in a duffel bag that packed flat for the trip home, but you can just check the cases.

If a porter refuses them, find another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Why would you want to carry the extra weight of soda cans? A Soda and More package is $7.00 per person per day, and includes hot chocolate. Then, you don't have to worry about lugging soda around the ship.

Perhaps they don't like the soda brands on board.....

You can tape a luggage tag on each of them and give them to a porter.

We put ours in a duffel bag that packed flat for the trip home, but you can just check the cases.

If a porter refuses them, find another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can but now it's better to carry them on so you don't have issues with security once onboard. Times have changed.

• 2 months later...

Soda is heavy, but can't be helped if you want a type not sold on board. To cut down on weight, water can be pre-purchased on the cruise personalizer, 12 bottles $6.90 and will be in your stateroom when you arrive. Just a suggestion to make baggage easier.

Also, tell your Mom to put her soda in a glass (ask room steward for extras) and then carry it into DR.

Last, soda & more cards vary in price -- was $8/day on Regal in Dec 2016, but $7/day on CB in March 2017. Just a FYI.

You can carry any drink in a glass into the dining room. It could be something you bought at a bar; it could be soda you carried onboard; it could be wine you poured from your bottle you brought onboard with no corkage. Once it has been poured into a glass, no one knows - or cares - where it came from. You can open carry glasses of liquor, wine, beer, or soda almost anywhere on the ship. They ask that you use plastic glasses in the pool area, and the bartender in the pool area will be glad to pour your drink from your glass into a plastic one (at no charge).

I always stop at the store in Ft Lauderdale and get an 8 pack of the smaller bottles,you can reseal, and they fit nicely in the bottom of my roll carry on, I pack as much as I can in that bag, and I can still lift it onto the security belt and I wheel 90% of my belongings on board, unpack and away I go.

Also, tell your Mom to put her soda in a glass (ask room steward for extras) and then carry it into DR.

You can carry any drink in a glass into the dining room. It could be something you bought at a bar; it could be soda you carried onboard; it could be wine you poured from your bottle you brought onboard with no corkage. Once it has been poured into a glass, no one knows - or cares - where it came from. You can open carry glasses of liquor, wine, beer, or soda almost anywhere on the ship. They ask that you use plastic glasses in the pool area, and the bartender in the pool area will be glad to pour your drink from your glass into a plastic one (at no charge).

Seriously? All that for a coke on vacation?

Seriously? All that for a coke on vacation?

I was answering a question about what you could do if you wanted. Personally, I would not do that for a cola.

However, I have often carried a glass of wine from Vines into the MDR for dinner. Vines has a much better selection of wines by the glass than the MDR, so I would always enter the MDR with a full glass of my favorite wine from Vines.

I would not see why not other than being a tad tacky in the DR.

I bring Caffeine Free Diet Coke aboard, a soda not available on Princess.

Call me tacky, but I have no problem bringing a can to the dining room and asking for a glass with ice.