Does Captain Club Status impact MDR seating assignments

Shadow9612

I guess it depends on who you ask. Captain's Club status may effect special requested seating. In the MDR, we generally request a table on the rail and always are assigned a table on the rail. Mix in Select dining and Specialty dining requests and reservation and I would say, yes, Captain's Club status does effect seating.

When reserving traditional seating (I book a year out often) the travel agent requests "small table". Between that TA booking request and E+ status, we have been assigned Table for 2 on last several trips.

If I wanted a 2-top and wasn't assigned initially for some reason, I ask M-D for waitlist - tables can shift, open up after 1-2 nights. Willingness to take 2d seating increases chance of getting table preference, at least in the past before so many go 'select dining'

You may get a 2-top that is along wall by entry hall or under 2d level stairway or near waiter's busy doorway, depending on ship.

Once we were started at table for 4. The other couple disappeared for 2d night( was it something I said? :) ) Anyhow, the M'D came over and said he was working on getting us another couple assigned and was caught off guard when I said we were good being 2 alone at the 4-top. I do realize now that the M'D has some interest in allocation of servers to number of diners being served HAPPY CRUISING

We always ask to be seated at a table for 6 to 8 people at the late seating. Somehow in their infinite knowledge of the demographics of the passengers the cruise lines have never failed to come up with a group of people who are fairly compatible and share some common thread.

I can't seem to recall it being purely from Status level.

They must have some experience in doing it.

The last table we were at we had a Catholic couple from Northern Island who had never cruised, a gay male couple from England, 2 lady friends who were traveling together and ourselves who are from the New York area. We all got along famously.

Not to say they have been wrong on occasion. I recall being at a table with one couple who told us right off that they owned a chain of auto parts stores up the East coast. This automatically gave the man ( no Hercules) the right to wear baggy gym shorts to dinner and the woman who thought she was glamourous the right to make pointed comments about my wife's appearance. Well Celebrity can't know everything. They didn't come back the rest of the cruise, no great loss.

Enjoy your cruise.

Ok, we turned elite plus between a b2b. The first leg we were elite and getting a table in select hard work. They'd sit us next to the clearing station or right in the very back corner and we'd say no as they walked us part 10 to 15 perfectly good tables including window ones. We turned elite plus, got on the 2nd leg and the hostess says 'I see you're elite plus' we asked to sit in a particular area and we did every night, with the hostess calling us by name each evening as we approached. Our first leg was just like the previous 9 cruises, darn hard to get a table to share or by the window, this last one was amazing. Not sure if it was the status but they made it feel like it was.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off Reflection and no status yet with only 4 Celebrity cruises under our belts, but, we were given a great window table for 2 in a corner, the first night. We were given it every other night also, even though we made no requests other than to remain with the same servers and we did choose to dine early each time (select). We were beyond delighted when we were led to the same table night after night. Thinking we were very lucky.